The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have zero problem with non teachers being on school boards. Just like I don’t have a problem with non doctors being on hospital boards, non civil engineers bring on city councils and non business people being on company boards. 

Any board of directors, no matter who they are, shouldn’t be micro managing the organization.     But, those boards have influence over the organization that the members might not like. I understand why teachers don’t like non teachers having influence, but tough s#!t.  That’s life. 

No it isn't.

It is why we don't listen to you dorks.  We smile and nod that we do...but that is it.

In the end, you just get played.  We play a role and we f#&% with you and in the end, you dorks think we did what what you wanted...but then your kid graduates and guess what...you don't care anymore.  So you stop annoying teachers.  Right?

Be 100% honest, do you email teachers once your kids are out of their class./grade?  

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No it isn't.

It is why we don't listen to you dorks.  We smile and nod that we do...but that is it.

In the end, you just get played.  We play a role and we f#&% with you and in the end, you dorks think we did what what you wanted...but then your kid graduates and guess what...you don't care anymore.  So you stop annoying teachers.  Right?

Be 100% honest, do you email teachers once your kids are out of their class./grade?  

I’m not on the school board, why would I do that?

the board manages the administration. The administration manages you. If that’s not working in your school, that’s not because of non teachers on the board. 

Get rid of tenure and limitations boards have and your attitude might change. 

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not on the school board, why would I do that?

the board manages the administration. The administration manages you. If that’s not working in your school, that’s not because of non teachers on the board. 

Get rid of tenure and limitations boards have and your attitude might change. 

Good boy.  Thank you

Ok so Florida's making a law or trying to make a law about not saying gay or talking about sex to 3rd graders.

So I think now Nebraska needs to make a law about not putting litterboxes in classrooms for the kids to poop in.

A Nebraska state senator, Bruce Bostelman, last month warned of an alarming new variety of deviance making its way into the state’s schools. “It’s something called furries,” he said. Schoolchildren, Bostelman claimed, were identifying as cats or dogs. “They meow and they bark.” And educators, indulging them, “are wanting to put litter boxes in the schools for the children to use,” said Bostelman.

Perhaps needless to say, none of this was true. Bostelman later apologized for spreading falsehoods, saying, “It was just something I felt that if this really was happening, we needed to address it and address it quickly.”

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Uh oh. 

This just shows what a great president he would be for those with a fascist bent.  Lie, coverup, bully knowing political lawlessness and zero accountability is the new standard in America, the greatest country on Earth.  He's learned well from the Party's Dear Leader.  

Democracy had a good run.  

One can sub Trump for Desantis in this tweet.  Same thing.

• Plus1 3

Religion News Service has confirmed that the former deacon is Jeff Ford, the executive director of Man Up and Go, a Christian nonprofit in the U.S. and overseas whose Authentic Masculinity Program “teaches men how to be protectors of and providers for their families,” according to the biography of Ford posted on the website of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. According to that website, Ford is a member of the state’s Faith-Based and Community-Based Advisory Council.  The former teacher now runs a faith-based nonprofit and serves as a faith adviser to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

In 2005, the Tampa Bay Times newspaper reported that Jeffrey Charles Ford, a 27-year-old coach and teacher at J.W. Mitchell High School, resigned after admitting to having sex with an 18-year-old student.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I thought the Republicans were for small government and limited interference with business. 

Well....only when it benefits them.

And....oh BTW....Republicans are the ones pushing hard to keep corporate donations legal because a corporation is equal to a person.

So, they want companies to be politically active......when they support them.  If they don't.....there must be retribution.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Nope 

Then they should really think about rewording the following:

"Classroom instruction by school personnel or third 98 parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur 99 in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age100 appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students inaccordance with state standards. (page 4, lines 97-101)"

Because the way this reads, teachers are not allowed to discuss real world topics or have spontaneous conversations about anything involving the words "gay", "straight", "bi", etc. no matter the age.  Unless it is specifically part of the curriculum.  So yes, legally, teachers are not allowed to mention "gay" in class without a parent, student, teacher, or administrator potentially throwing a fit. 

I don't disagree with most of the bill.  I've said most of it is common sense and it's a shame if those things aren't already part of Florida education laws.  But this one sentence is very poorly written if it isn't the true intent of this section of the law.