The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

MFer!  Hit the jackpot!

Do you have your own little fridge and coffee maker???

Ha!  I'm thinking of putting in an oven and a walk-in shower!

Forgot to mention they put in 72 inch TVs in the classroom a couple of years ago.  

My wife thinks I'm a bad time manager because I'm always at school.  Truth is, I just like it better here :D

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Ha!  I'm thinking of putting in an oven and a walk-in shower!

Forgot to mention they put in 72 inch TVs in the classroom a couple of years ago.  

My wife thinks I'm a bad time manager because I'm always at school.  Truth is, I just like it better here :D

Okay, I just got a 72 or 80 incher in my class and I LOVE it.  Has netflix, Prime, you name it!  We were joking about bringing in booze and watching Husker games here.

Is the shop basically away from the rest of the school or at least the administration?  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Okay, I just got a 72 or 80 incher in my class and I LOVE it.  Has netflix, Prime, you name it!  We were joking about bringing in booze and watching Husker games here.

Is the shop basically away from the rest of the school or at least the administration?  

Not too far away.  But watching middle schoolers use shop equipment gives admin anxiety, they hate coming to my room.

My post-observation conversations are never about the normal things.  It's always a conversation about how they are amazed I'm able to get kids to work safely and there is now way they would be able to handle the stress.  

My job also coms with job security.

I appreciate my job much more after this talk, Thanks!

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get some of the thoughts around CR’s and agree that funding shouldn’t continually be through CR’s, but this isn’t the time for that discussion because it’s a no win situation for really anyone.  So I don’t get why some R House members are hell bent on creating this dysfunction.  I guess I do get it in a sense they get TV time and more name recognition etc…but it doesn’t help the situation. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He’s such a loyal little peasant. 

I certainly don’t agree with Jim’s thoughts here.   Let the Special Counsel do his thing, fund the CR this one last time and figure out along with the Dems on how to f#&%ing pass a budget without doing a CR anymore.  It’s all bulls#!t with these CR’a because neither party wants to do its damn job and pass a normal budget.   

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1