The Republican Utopia

12 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

jeez why is everybody so obsessed with this guy? 

You've posted this take a couple of times. You either believe:

He poses no threat to democracy even though he's already attempted a coup and currently has a plan in place to stay in power if elected again indefinitely

Or you believe he has no chance at reelection which is pretty flippant considering the stakes are so high. 

Or you're ok if, in all his incompetent glory, he attempts to burn down our way of life and institutions and goes on his revenge tour solely to salve his fragile ego and fever dreams of being a dictator. 

Kind of weird that you think people posting about this guy in the "Politics and Religion" forum is an obsession.  Rightfully wary of a second term would be a better description.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That is a very good question.  

Three more:
Why did you vote for this trainwreck twice?

Why is he leading the GOP field by a country mile? (These are your people obsessed with him) 

Why wouldn't you be concerned about him leading Biden while listing even farther into autocratic extremism?

Bonus question:

Why are you and Teach the only people who claim Donald Trump doesn't stand a chance in the general election? 

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Three more:
Why did you vote for this trainwreck twice?

Why is he leading the GOP field by a country mile? (These are your people obsessed with him) 

Why wouldn't you be concerned about him leading Biden while listing even farther into autocratic extremism?

Bonus question:

Why are you and Teach the only people who claim Donald Trump doesn't stand a chance in the general election? 

1) he had better policies without being bats#!t crazy like he is now

2) I didn’t know I had people:dunno   Yeah me!

3) I don’t believe he will be President again.   Bonus, if he is, there are systems in place to prevent him from turning our country into whatever boogeyman you envision he would. 

Bonus answer…

I’m sure you will find at a minimum one more person in this world than Teach and I who thinks he doesn’t stand a chance.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You've posted this take a couple of times. You either believe:

He poses no threat to democracy even though he's already attempted a coup and currently has a plan in place to stay in power if elected again indefinitely

Or you believe he has no chance at reelection which is pretty flippant considering the stakes are so high. 

Or you're ok if, in all his incompetent glory, he attempts to burn down our way of life and institutions and goes on his revenge tour solely to salve his fragile ego and fever dreams of being a dictator. 

Kind of weird that you think people posting about this guy in the "Politics and Religion" forum is an obsession.  Rightfully wary of a second term would be a better description.

Yeah, you've got me confused with someone else, who I was sarcastically poking fun at with my post.

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

3) I don’t believe he will be President again.   Bonus, if he is, there are systems in place to prevent him from turning our country into whatever boogeyman you envision he would. 

Bonus answer…

I’m sure you will find at a minimum one more person in this world than Teach and I who thinks he doesn’t stand a chance.  

For me it is just Common sense.  

He got his a$$ kicked last time and things are going great right now.

306 to 232?  I think?

I have asked this a few times but does anyone on this site know a a NEW trump voter?  Personally, does anyone know a brand new trump voter, not someone that voted for him before but someone who in 24 is now going to vote for him for the very first time?

I don't, none of my friends do, none of my coworkers do.    They could by lying or they could change their mind but I just don't know one new trump voter.  

I look at it from a gambling point of view.  If two teams play each other again and the team that won last time has gotten "better", I am going to bet on that team to win.

With that said, I am horrible at gambling.  I have been ice cold all bowl season.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

For me it is just Common sense.  

He got his a$$ kicked last time and things are going great right now.

306 to 232?  I think?

I have asked this a few times but does anyone on this site know a a NEW trump voter?  Personally, does anyone know a brand new trump voter, not someone that voted for him before but someone who in 24 is now going to vote for him for the very first time?

I don't, none of my friends do, none of my coworkers do.    They could by lying or they could change their mind but I just don't know one new trump voter.  

I look at it from a gambling point of view.  If two teams play each other again and the team that won last time has gotten "better", I am going to bet on that team to win.

With that said, I am horrible at gambling.  I have been ice cold all bowl season.

While I love your faith in common sense, common sense suggests that other people who study this stuff professionally know a lot more about it than your gut feelings and anecdotal evidence. 

I think you, me, and Archy are all trying to figure out why anyone at this point would support Donald Trump, but that is clearly refuted by Trump's barely opposed march to his party's nomination, and polls that have him beating both Biden and Harris. 

Trump didn't exactly get his a$$ kicked in 2020. As the people far smarter than you noticed, there were roughly 22,000 votes in key swing states that delivered Biden's electoral margin. 10 million MORE people voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016, and despite Archy's assertion, he was a bats#!t narcissist then, who gave a shout out to the Proud Boys about helping him fight a fraudulent election DURING THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE. He has crossed every line imaginable without shrinking his base a whit. 

Trump doesn't have to add a lot of voters. He just needs fewer people to vote for Biden, and that's an increasingly plausible scenario. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Bonus answer…

Well the first  "very good question" was why people were so obsessed with Donald Trump. Wondering if you have any theory on that. Obviously if he didn't fully intend to resume the Presidency he wouldn't continue to dominate the chatter. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

While I love your faith in common sense, common sense suggests that other people who study this stuff professionally know a lot more about it than your gut feelings and anecdotal evidence. 

I think you, me, and Archy are all trying to figure out why anyone at this point would support Donald Trump, but that is clearly refuted by Trump's barely opposed march to his party's nomination, and polls that have him beating both Biden and Harris. 

Trump didn't exactly get his a$$ kicked in 2020. As the people far smarter than you noticed, there were roughly 22,000 votes in key swing states that delivered Biden's electoral margin. 10 million MORE people voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016, and despite Archy's assertion, he was a bats#!t narcissist then, who gave a shout out to the Proud Boys about helping him fight a fraudulent election DURING THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE. He has crossed every line imaginable without shrinking his base a whit. 

Trump doesn't have to add a lot of voters. He just needs fewer people to vote for Biden, and that's an increasingly plausible scenario. 

Gosh…you think a lot of people are a lot smarter than me!  Ha!  And you would be correct.

• Plus1 1