The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

He's been in office since 2017. He's had dozens of chances to protect his family before things go this far.

i believe he doesn't want to be part of what the MAGA/Republicans have planned if trump loses the election.   i don't think they care if trump wins or loses the election...they have plans to overthrow a biden win and any republican that doesn't go with it will be labeled a traitor by MAGA and made a target.   .   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, commando said:

i believe he doesn't want to be part of what the MAGA/Republicans have planned if trump loses the election.   i don't think they care if trump wins or loses the election...they have plans to overthrow a biden win and any republican that doesn't go with it will be labeled a traitor by MAGA and made a target.   .   

I think this is a fantasy. Trump trying to stay in power in 2029 after getting elected in 2024 is something I see as feasible, and even accomplishing it is feasible. I think it's extremely unlikely anything happens (in the next 5 years) if Biden wins, and it's also unlikely that anything is attempted by more than a handful of the House and a ragtag bunch of people on the streets, smaller than the J6 crowd.

I think it's far more likely, if he's leaving due to his conscience, that he doesn't want to be a part of any of it because he doesn't like Trump, and he's too much of a coward to say anything against him for fear of reprisal if Trump wins in 2024.

• Plus1 1

I think Dec/Jan is going to be ugly no matter who wins…

There are going to be sizable groups of people on either side that will take the results as an attack on the fabric of the United States.

Im not worried of Trump taking over.  But it disgusts me to even consider the country I love electing such a trash human to such a distinguished position.  It grossed me out in 2016, and even more so now!

• TBH 3

I too do not believe there will be some sort of armed coup after the election...regardless of who wins. What's crazy to me is that in 2020 roughly 155 million people voted, and it came down to roughly 40 thousand votes across 3 States.

I am not in favor of banishing the EC, but perhaps some sort of ranked choice, or a viable 3rd party can bring some clarity and a defined resolution.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I too do not believe there will be some sort of armed coup after the election...regardless of who wins. What's crazy to me is that in 2020 roughly 155 million people voted, and it came down to roughly 40 thousand votes across 3 States.

I am not in favor of banishing the EC, but perhaps some sort of ranked choice, or a viable 3rd party can bring some clarity and a defined resolution.

it will not be an armed coup.  they plan on using the courts and MAGA AGs and a republican congress to hand it to trump (i think that is why some republicans are "retiring_ early....they don't want to get their arms twisted for that cause).   i wouldn't rule out rogue MAGAS doing something stupid but that wouldn't to too organized IMO.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2

17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Trump trying to stay in power in 2029 after getting elected in 2024 is something I see as feasible, and even accomplishing it is feasible.

I would view this as fantasy too though.   

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
49 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

Ya I don’t think we would ever have to worry about the government doing experiments on its citizens without them knowing:rolleyes:………or do we need to qualify that with “anymore”  

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya I don’t think we would ever have to worry about the government doing experiments on its citizens without them knowing:rolleyes:………or do we need to qualify that with “anymore”  

Well, I’d suggest you not stand outside when a plane flies over then. 

17 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I'm probably in favor of getting rid of it, or at least overhauling how it functionally works. The EC was never the 'best idea' the founders had, it was a last minute compromise best guess that they knew was flawed but was better than the very real threat of the country dissolving in its infancy.

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

21 hours ago, funhusker said:

I think Dec/Jan is going to be ugly no matter who wins…

There are going to be sizable groups of people on either side that will take the results as an attack on the fabric of the United States.

Im not worried of Trump taking over.  But it disgusts me to even consider the country I love electing such a trash human to such a distinguished position.  It grossed me out in 2016, and even more so now!

I don't think it will be ugly. People like to talk big. But the only reason J6 got as big as it was is because their leader organized it and it was a single location for people to come to.

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, I’d suggest you not stand outside when a plane flies over then. 

I never do.   Don’t want those chemicals infiltrating my immaculate body.

On a real note, I’m obviously not saying the airplane thing is a thing, but to say the government wouldn’t secretly try something is a disservice to the Tuskegee Airmen or the folks that got experimented on with LSD.    

But I guess all the Airmen had to do was not join the military apparently.  

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

On a real note, I’m obviously not saying the airplane thing is a thing, but to say the government wouldn’t secretly try something is a disservice to the Tuskegee Airmen or the folks that got experimented on with LSD.

I didn’t say that. 

As an avid golfer, putting is THE thing.  I personally choke down low on my putter and I only look at the ball when I make contact.

I know some people only look at the hole.  But, whatever works for you is what you should do.

• TBH 2