The Republican Utopia

I'll pitch in. 

Those bullet points are hyperbole but I believe things that aren't too long a walk from those things.

Not all Trump supporters are racist - that's way too broad a brush. But there sure are a ton of racists who happen to be Trump supporters. 

As far as inherently lacking compassion, that's a legit critique of some conservative positions. At least how they're currently constructed. If you brush off children in literal cages as "just enforcing our laws/securing our borders"... if you complain about people being on food stamps or Medicaid so they can eat or have healthcare... If you reply that your murdered countrymen are "the cost of freedom" after a mass shooting... if you try to scrap Meals on Wheels funding to save $$$ in your budget (100% Trump's call, not conservatives)... If you decide to ban trans people from the military claiming without a lick of support they're not fit to serve... If you do your best to discredit or undermine those claiming to be victims of sexual assault or actively support credibly accused sexual assaulters because it's good for your team... people are going to perceive a systemic lack of empathy within your movement. But it's important to note this stuff all occurs on a spectrum from "broad support from the GOP as a whole" to "only supported or voiced by the most toxic sh#thead in the movement." By no means can you attribute these behaviors or positions to all conservatives. 

As far as sexism goes, I'm not sure if this is sexism or just trolling. Liberals have their pink hats but you won't see many of them wearing anything like this.

CusJ0VWWYAAnWUS.jpg

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here you go...now your turn to show Obama condemning the BLM protesters chanting that they wanted dead cops.

That's a wonderful clip of him being level headed, and actually behaving Presidentially on the campaign trail in 2016. But it doesn't jive with his actions in office. See below from 2017. I think we can agree that Obama never encouraged BLM protestors to use violence, and I think it's been pointed out plenty already how he condemned violence on many, many occasions.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Clinton and the liberals were aghast when Trump suggested that he might not accept an unfavorable election result. They were horrified that he could be opposed to everythung America stands for. They lost their damn minds.

But then as soon as Trump won, they did (snd continue to) deny that the results were legitimate. They blame the Russians. They blame white people. They blame women. They blame everyone else. And they’re so filled with impotent rage, they want to abolosh the Electoral College. 

Politics with the Dems is a little like playing Monopoly with a 6 year old. If they don’t like the result, they will just flip over the board.

Yeah.....what in the world are they going to do next.....claim he is Muslim from Kenya?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Landlord said:

Those sound like caricatures or immature social media nonsense to me. How many people do you actually know that actually believe any of those things? I know very, very few, and I probably know way more progressives and liberals than you! But, let's see - anyone else in this thread care to admit that they believe any of the following?

• If someone believes in tax cuts they don't care about the poor

• If someone's faith doesn't support gay marriage they are a homophobe

• If someone supports Trump or believes in securing our border they are inherently racist or sexist?

• If someone supports our laws and doesn't want illegal immigration they are lacking in compassion?

Let's see how many of the 'liberals' that dominate P&R actually believe any of these. 

Oh and re: the bold, I never said or claimed that. So, not sure why you're referencing a non-existent statement.

I have heard Democratic Presidential candidates say over and over that Republicans want tax cuts for the rich and are not concerned about the poorest Americans....I have heard some of these same candidates who say Republicans lack compassion when it comes to DACA or illegals.  The 2016 Democratic Presidential candidate....which really speaks for the party's platform, listed the basket of deplorables which included references to those agreeing with Trump or the GOP agenda as racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc...  Are you saying that Democratic politicians have not said any of what I just shared?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have heard Democratic Presidential candidates say over and over that Republicans want tax cuts for the rich and are not concerned about the poorest Americans.

Well...according to the Trumpsters I know, this is true.

I have heard some of these same candidates who say Republicans lack compassion when it comes to DACA or illegals.

Well....according to the Trumpsters I know, this is true.

listed the basket of deplorables which included references to those agreeing with Trump or the GOP agenda as racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc...

Which is an interesting thought.  Republicans keep going back to this.  Who do you think Hillary was talking about when she said "baskets of deplorables"?

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well...according to the Trumpsters I know, this is true.

Well....according to the Trumpsters I know, this is true.

Which is an interesting thought.  Republicans keep going back to this.  Who do you think Hillary was talking about when she said "baskets of deplorables"?

Thanks for confirming these stereotypes many have against Conservatives. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Thanks for confirming these stereotypes many have against Conservatives. 

So...I'm not supposed to believe my friends no their views?

And...you stated "Republicans" in your original post that I answered.  Then you switched it to "Conservatives".  

Those aren't many times matching up.

There have been a lot of Conservatives leave the Republican Party.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So...I'm not supposed to believe my friends no their views?

I think if you are relying on a couple of friends to shape your views around what the Conservative movement is all about that is telling. Moreover, please share with me a list of GOP elected officials who have stated they dont care about the poor.   There seems to be a desire by some iin this forum to paint Trump and Republicans in the worst possible manner and using "friends" as a proxy or the KKK as an example of how those conclusions were drawn. I have a full twitter feed of lunatics on the left losing their sh*t over the Kavanaugh stuff, hitting signs out of Pro-Kavanugh supporters and screaming in their face. When you factor in the nasty elements of BLM and Antifa along with the nasty comments from comedians and the Hollywood elite, do you feel that is represenetative of the Left and Democratic party?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think if you are relying on a couple of friends to shape your views around what the Conservative movement is all about that is telling.

I specifically stated in my post that ""According to the Trumpsters I know".

I don't know any politicians personally.  I do know that the Trumpsters I know, (there's that phrase for you) they vote Republican at least partly because they view them as the party that cuts down on "freeloaders".  It's a pretty common phrase around Republicans for them to say...."We've made it too easy in America to live without getting a job".

This reason is right up there usually with "Democrats are going to take our guns away" and Abortion.

However, recently the "Obama is a Muslim from Kenya that supports terrorists" has been inching up.

Oh....and "HILLARY"!!!!!

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have heard Democratic Presidential candidates say over and over that Republicans want tax cuts for the rich and are not concerned about the poorest Americans....I have heard some of these same candidates who say Republicans lack compassion when it comes to DACA or illegals.  

Yeah...they're politicians talking about politicians, for political gain. They're not talking about you.

In other news, have you changed your mind on BLM and Obama/liberals decrying violence yet? 

29 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Off topic a bit - but if the repubs want to get back to Utopia they can "Go Back to the Future"

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/ronald-reagan-comes-back-to-life-at-presidential-library-via-virtual-reality

Republican politicians still clammer to try to claim to be like him

Republican voters still clammer to act like they are voting for people like him.

The current Republican party couldn't be farther from what it was back then.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Republican politicians still clammer to try to claim to be like him

Republican voters still clammer to act like they are voting for people like him.

The current Republican party couldn't be farther from what it was back then.

Agree 1000%.    Except Trump claims to be greater than.