The Environment

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You know, reading this thread would almost make one believe that Trump actually thinks nothing humans could do would damage the environment.  

So I have a great solution: Let's have toxic waste sites, smog producing factories, and all industrial trash/waste dumping sites constructed next to all Trump owned properties.  I mean, since he thinks it's no big deal to pollute the environment...

:facepalm:

So, instead of MAGA, his 2020 campaign would be NIMBY?

10 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You know, reading this thread would almost make one believe that Trump actually thinks nothing humans could do would damage the environment.  

So I have a great solution: Let's have toxic waste sites, smog producing factories, and all industrial trash/waste dumping sites constructed next to all Trump owned properties.  I mean, since he thinks it's no big deal to pollute the environment...

:facepalm:

That would go over about as well as when wind turbines were proposed to be built off the coast of kennebunkport in site from Ted Kennedy’s home. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That would go over about as well as when wind turbines were proposed to be built off the coast of kennebunkport in site from Ted Kennedy’s home. 

Yeah it's "funny" how (regardless if they're R or D) politicians who advocate for energy development, be it coal, wind, solar, etc...none of them want those things near where they live.  In fairness though, I don't think anyone wants to live near things like that.  I mean, who would want to look out their window and see a coal plant?  So I guess we're all hypocrites to some degree here.

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Yeah it's "funny" how (regardless if they're R or D) politicians who advocate for energy development, be it coal, wind, solar, etc...none of them want those things near where they live.  In fairness though, I don't think anyone wants to live near things like that.  I mean, who would want to look out their window and see a coal plant?  So I guess we're all hypocrites to some degree here.

I might be weird, but I actually think wind farms are cool looking.  For some reason the quiet rotating blades are relaxing to me.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

What he said^^^^

That makes sense.

And now that I think about, living in close proximity to a hydro-electric plant probably wouldn't be that bad.  Your house would be near a river, possibly a fast moving one, you'd be able to hear the water at night when it's warm.  Might not be all that bad I guess, especially if your house faces away from the plant.

• 3 weeks later...

35 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Well, isn't that fun?

Well, .... I guess we can add USA Today to the growing list of liberal "Fake News".  I guess Soros's corrupt money got to them, too...

*sarcasm*

Seriously, though.  That IS disturbing.  Basically this new study suggests that previous models were too conservative on the rate of ice melt and sea-level rise.  This is based on new satellite data.  An average of two feet rise in 80 years means even higher in some locations.  Many Gulf Coast areas like Galveston, New Orleans, The Florida Keys, Clearwater, etc will be devastated.  Crappy.

• Plus1 1
On 2/18/2018 at 2:08 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting. 

This is a good example of how decorum can be wielded as a weapon. The normal, polite thing to do is not make a big thing out of it in such a public setting. The normal, polite thing to do is to let these people receive their fossil fuel sector donations in peace and not cause a ruckus. Inertia is powerful, and results in the messed up bizzaro world where letting crazy things continue is moderacy, and those who take a stand are out of line.

• Plus1 1