The Environment

On 2/5/2024 at 6:36 AM, teachercd said:

Yes!  I remember that!  Get under a door frame!

That's what I'd always been told. But when I was in an office building during the 1989 Loma Prieta quake, a small group of us ignored our colleagues hugging door frames and ran as fast as we could out the building. Got out just in time to watch the earthquake coming towards us across the wetlands, just like a rug being shaken. 

• Thanks 1
  • Worth a Look 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Indian rivers are quite literally the most disgusting in the world. Littered with dead/decaying bodies & s#!t. As someone who works in a lab for a water utility you couldn’t pay me to drink that.

you’d be amazed by the amount of “holistic health influencers” advising people to drink from raw sources. Yuck!

37 minutes ago, Decked said:

Indian rivers are quite literally the most disgusting in the world. Littered with dead/decaying bodies & s#!t. As someone who works in a lab for a water utility you couldn’t pay me to drink that.

you’d be amazed by the amount of “holistic health influencers” advising people to drink from raw sources. Yuck!

Those people are animals 

• TBH 1
  • 1 month later...

Love that this is pretty much the coldest it has ever been in March (almost April) and the Enviro-bros are all of a sudden GONE!

Shocker.

Dorks

If it was 80 and sunny right now...they would all have the BIGGEST erection!  GLOBAL WARMING!  

• Fire 3
12 hours ago, teachercd said:

Love that this is pretty much the coldest it has ever been in March (almost April) and the Enviro-bros are all of a sudden GONE!

Shocker.

Dorks

If it was 80 and sunny right now...they would all have the BIGGEST erection!  GLOBAL WARMING!  

That's now how climate works. Maybe don't go teaching science or statistics.

• Haha 4
  • TBH 3

36 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That's now how climate works. Maybe don't go teaching science or statistics.

This is ALWAYS the Envior-bros hot take.

But...the second we have 10 days of hot weather in July...the bros are out in full force "GLOBAL WARMING!"

Can't have it both ways.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 3
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Shocker.

Dorks

The average temps in Omaha of March are 51/29.  With the exception of the several days or so, it's actually been above average.  The last few days seem so cold because it was in the 70's two weeks ago!

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The average temps in Omaha of March are 51/29.  With the exception of the several days or so, it's actually been above average.  The last few days seem so cold because it was in the 70's two weeks ago!

This is messing with my golf time!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, teachercd said:

But...the second we have 10 days of hot weather in July...the bros are out in full force "GLOBAL WARMING!"

Can't have it both ways.

Because your schtick is always sarcasm, nobody can tell if or when you're joking.

Please, for the love of God, tell me that you're not dumb enough to use the 10 day weather for your local city as proof for or against climate change.

Because I don't know if you knew this, but 2024 has thus far been so catastrophic for the climate that the even the worst case scenarios are being blown past.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Can't have it both ways.

Global climate change is now the accepted terminology. It will and has caused extremes of both ends. You are still subjected to weather patterns. 

no ridicule here just do with that what you will. 

• Haha 1