Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^agree. I think this is the perfect year for a breakout for the Huskers. Don't know if that will happen but I feel like the stars are lining up for this year and I feel like if we miss the bus this year we may not ever see major success under Riley.

I think this is a huge year for this staff as far as direction. Regardless of what happens barring a major dumpster fire of a season, Riley will be here for the 2018 season. But I do think Rileys success here or lack thereof will be largely dependent on his success in 2017. If we go 11-3 or better in 2017 we will be set up for a nice run imo. Another 9 wins this season though and I think Riley hits a ceiling.

I figure it's Lee, since he's got the experience and POB hasn't separated from him. Either way, we have a rookie to break in and there will be rookie mistakes. 7 wins tops next season because of this.

You know that's only happened twice since the 1960's right? You data is not your friend.

I stand by my "data". 7 wins tops. Rosen only had 8 his rookie year, we dont have Rosen. DL and LBs are sketchy and I think Diaco is clinically insane, lol!

Nebraska has 7 home games--count 'em, 7.

The road games? @ Oregon, @ Illinois, @ Purdue, @ Minnesota, and @ Penn State.

The only 50/50 or probable loss games at home are against Ohio State and Wisconsin, so there's more than likely 5 wins.

We should beat Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota that's 8 wins.

The '17 Nebraska season hinges on the games against Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State.

I certainly see, and understand, your line of thinking...but I think we'll be better, much better, than you're anticipating.

Where's Iowa listed? As a sure win?
  • Fire 1

Pedro Guerrero said: Where's Iowa listed? As a sure win?

Yep. Listen, the Suckeyes have beaten us two years in a row because the team was still suffering from Pelini-itis.

Pelini-itis is an inflammation of the effort gland which causes terrible pain and discomfort if the player exceeds 50% physical effort on any given play.

:P

(Word is Pelini-itis has been cured.)

Yep. Listen, the Suckeyes have beaten us two years in a row because the team was still suffering from Pelini-itis.

Pelini-itis is an inflammation of the effort gland which causes terrible pain and discomfort if the player exceeds 50% physical effort on any given play.

Pelini did beat Iowa 3 out of 4 times fyi
  • Fire 2

And yet the toxic effects still lingered.

;)

And yet the toxic effects still lingered.

;)

allegedly ;)
  • Fire 2

Regardless of what happens barring a major dumpster fire of a season, Riley will be here for the 2018 season. But I do think Rileys success here or lack thereof will be largely dependent on his success in 2017.

I agree, and they need to make significant improvements in all phases of their game, because the 2018 schedule is a meat grinder and the margin for error is going to be more slim than in recent history. It's easily the toughest overall schedule they've had since joining the B1G.

The check-down on 3rd & long will be a fan favorite in no time.

Better than over throwing a go route to a covered WR on 3rd and 6th
It's really not though. Low risk, high reward is always better than low risk, low reward.

Unless your QB is a Diva who forces passes.