Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While watching Langs talk about how they grade every play for QB in practice and how completion percentage is the most important measure, I was wondering why no one asked the follow up about completion percentages in practice. Glad Sam decided to ask this simple and obvious question. Good job for doing your job at the most basic level!

More than 70% seems great! Wonder where the QB's completion percentages were at this time last year

Just my SWAG thought on this.

I would not be surprised that if they are completing over 70% now, that would translate into something maybe around 60-65% in live action in the fall.

Meaning, this does not mean we are going to see over 70% completing during the season. We could......but probably not.

BUT...hey....at least it's a good sign they are completing that many in practice.

• Fire 1

2013 - All three QBs that played that year were not good at the passing part of the game they were being asked to do. And...again we had an OC who had spent his time as the passing game coordinator trying to coach players who were more adept at running the ball.

Beck was also the running backs coach before being promoted to QB, and they didn't run an air-raid at KU. He's also the guy who recruited Armstrong, so... that doesn't really make sense.

Sorry, I won't agree with that.

Armstrong has constantly been asked to make plays and be more of a passing QB than using his legs. I'm not necessarily saying Beck was calling too many passing plays..etc. I'm saying Armstrong was never going to be the type of QB Beck needed....even though he recruited him.

There was always a struggle between what the OC wanted and what Armstrong was able to do.

You don't have to agree. Just look at the QB's he recruited. Tommy Armstrong, Jamal Turner, Bubba Starling, Johnny Stanton, AJ Bush, etc...

That's what he recruited. None of those guys were what I'd call good passers.

That's on Beck.

A real "Who's not" list of QB's. Yeesh.

The particularly bad thing is this: 4 star, 4 star, 4 star, 4 star, 3 star. Lends yourself to believe that Beck really didn't know how to identify pure QB talent.

• Fire 2

More than 70% seems great! Wonder where the QB's completion percentages were at this time last year

I would not be surprised that if they are completing over 70% now, that would translate into something maybe around 60-65% in live action in the fall.

Meaning, this does not mean we are going to see over 70% completing during the season. We could......but probably not.

BUT...hey....at least it's a good sign they are completing that many in practice.

I agree I would think Tommy Armstrong would have been around a 65% practice passer. But I don't know for sure I would be interested to see where the QB's were last spring in practice as a reference point.

You probably have a point there, BRB. You can look good throwing against air. Still, that is what off-season practice is for.