Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cody Green was the last second stringer to transfer. He started games for us in 2010, even if Rex Burkhead was the 'real' backup quarterback :lol: I suppose Patrick Wit before him, then Harrison Beck. All guys that many of us thought, at one time, would become the next Nebraska great.

Cody Green was the last second stringer to transfer. He started games for us in 2010, even if Rex Burkhead was the 'real' backup quarterback :lol: I suppose Patrick Wit before him, then Harrison Beck. All guys that many of us thought, at one time, would become the next Nebraska great.

Witt might be the closest example to the POB situation since he was legitimately would have been the 2nd string QB and he didn't have a redshirt in his back pocket.

However his transfer was probably as much academic as it was football related.

I am 100% indifferent as to who starts and plays at QB. All I care about is the guy that starts is the best guy who won the job in a fair and open competition.

I have seen this said many times about several postions. The coaches agree with you and have 0 reason to do anything different - so you got your wish!!

The reason people are down on POB is because when we recruited him, many on this board expected him to start as a true freshman. For quite a few there wasn't even a question. He was going to start immediately.

I remember this clearly because I argued that high school play doesn't always translate directly to college play and sometimes when it does it takes a few years and these people who were sure he would start immediately kept bringing up once in a lifetime true freshman QBs who started as if they were the norm and I was crazy to think it was possible he wouldn't start.

• Fire 3

Well, I guess the race is over. Let's crown POB and start the season now. :sarcasm

Nope. Not at all.

According to Archie Manning, Lee is going to break all records set by Marino, Montana, Peyton Manning, Rodgers, and the great Tom Brady. When it's all said and done, Lee will simply be known as GOAT.

Which leads me to the only possible conclusion: Diaco's defense is not going to allow a single completion this season!!!

• Fire 1

fun husker said: According to Archie Manning, Lee is going to break all records set by Marino, Montana, Peyton Manning, Rodgers, and the great Tom Brady. When it's all said and done, Lee will simply be known as GOAT. Which leads me to the only possible conclusion: Diaco's defense is not going to allow a single completion this season!!!

​Your logic is flawless and I can find no discernable errors in your reasoning. Well done!

:thumbs

• Fire 1

fun husker said: According to Archie Manning, Lee is going to break all records set by Marino, Montana, Peyton Manning, Rodgers, and the great Tom Brady. When it's all said and done, Lee will simply be known as GOAT. Which leads me to the only possible conclusion: Diaco's defense is not going to allow a single completion this season!!!

​Your logic is flawless and I can find no discernable errors in your reasoning. Well done!

Does this mean we are going to the Superbowl?!!
  • Fire 1

Sean Callahan has been one who has been outspoken about hearing good things about Lee. Said he expected him to be a leg up on POB but after one practice he said they are neck and neck.

I wouldn't trust Sean Callahan to sell me a taco.

It'd be the best and worst taco you ever had

Best going in, worst coming out?

• Fire 2

Does this mean we are going to the Superbowl?!!

Not if he's like Dan and can't keep the laces out

Sean Callahan has been one who has been outspoken about hearing good things about Lee. Said he expected him to be a leg up on POB but after one practice he said they are neck and neck.

I wouldn't trust Sean Callahan to sell me a taco.

It'd be the best and worst taco you ever had

Best going in, worst coming out?

Also, you can only get them at Copple Chevrolet.