Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we need to turn this into a Poll?

My vote is Lee. I think it's actually going to be close, but I think it'll be too hard for Riley to pass over someone with experience.

Same. I think we end up with Lee for 2 seasons, then in 2019, you have RsJr POB vs RsSo Gebbia battle for starter.

If Lee is a 2 year starter, POB won't be here.

Voted:

Tanner Lee

Patrick O'Brien

No

Would have liked to see an option on Q2 to the effect of "I'm OK with either." Since that wasn't an option, I chose O'Brien because it would mean he'd likely be a three-year starter.

I chose "No" on O'Brien leaving if he isn't named the starter, but honestly it's a coin flip.

What if O'Brien wins the job? Does Gebbia think about transferring at that point?

• Fire 2

My vote is Lee. I think it's actually going to be close, but I think it'll be too hard for Riley to pass over someone with experience.

Same. I think we end up with Lee for 2 seasons, then in 2019, you have RsJr POB vs RsSo Gebbia battle for starter.

If POB leaves during the fall, he's sitting until 2019 anyway. It's all based on timing.

Voted:

Tanner Lee

Patrick O'Brien

No

Would have liked to see an option on Q2 to the effect of "I'm OK with either." Since that wasn't an option, I chose O'Brien because it would mean he'd likely be a three-year starter.

I chose "No" on O'Brien leaving if he isn't named the starter, but honestly it's a coin flip.

What if O'Brien wins the job? Does Gebbia think about transferring at that point?

Probably, but after having an honest competition next season.

If POB leaves during the fall, he's sitting until 2019 anyway. It's all based on timing.

If POB leaves this fall before the season starts and is able to transfer to another school quickly, he would only be required to sit out the 2017 season. He would be able to play at his new school in 2018

If POB leaves this fall before the season starts and is able to transfer to another school quickly, he would only be required to sit out the 2017 season. He would be able to play at his new school in 2018

True, if he does it before the season starts. In which case, we're boned because we won't have a true backup QB besides Gebbia, and they want to redshirt him.

3cc8f392fa4babe3ff0723379fa2f382.gif

I've said since Gebbia committed that I'd be shocked if both he and POB completed their eligibility here. Just how it goes now-a-days. But I don't think Gebbia would necessarily leave right away. Maybe a year from now.

• Fire 3

This is a little off subject but if Riley and Langsdorf start pumping QB'S into the NFL, will high profile guys stick around longer knowing when they get their chance it will likely result in a nice payday?

I don't think so necessarily. QBs want to play and (basically) only one can. Generally speaking, they'd rather go anywhere and play rather than sit. I think Alabama only had one scholarship QB on the roster after the season.

It should help get one each year but not necessarily keeping them around.

We desperately need a quarterback, something we've lacked for almost a decade.

Certainly one of the weakest spots from the previous regime - quarterback play and development. I'd like to experience the feeling again of having a quarterback who you feel comfortable having the ball in their hands when everything is on the line.

This is a little off subject but if Riley and Langsdorf start pumping QB'S into the NFL, will high profile guys stick around longer knowing when they get their chance it will likely result in a nice payday?

I don't think so necessarily. QBs want to play and (basically) only one can. Generally speaking, they'd rather go anywhere and play rather than sit. I think Alabama only had one scholarship QB on the roster after the season.

It should help get one each year but not necessarily keeping them around.

Bama isn't pumping NFL QB's out really though, are they?

Sure, some back-ups here and there. But, I don't think they have a starting QB in the NFL right now. Mostly just guys that have had a couple seasons as a back-up and then washed out. (This was completely from memory, I did no research so forgive me if it's inaccurate)