Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He was good at Tulane . . .

That's being extremely generous. Heh. 53%, 5.9 Y/A, nearly a 1:1 TD/INT ratio.

I think it's incredibly difficult to accurately evaluate his early career considering he missed time due to a concussion and played with a broken thumb(?) most of his last season at Tulane.

And.....he was playing at Tulane being protected by a Tulane level offensive line.

Playing against comparable talent.

This.

I think it's incredibly difficult to accurately evaluate his early career considering he missed time due to a concussion and played with a broken thumb(?) most of his last season at Tulane.

And.....he was playing at Tulane being protected by a Tulane level offensive line.

Against low level DLine, Backers, Secondary, it all evens out

Sure it does

What do we expect of our new qb whoever it is. Tommy threw 7 ints in 2016, what if one of these guys throws 9 or 10 picks this next year? I would say the starting qb will throw more touchdowns than tommy and may make a few more INT mistakes than he did his senior year. If our starter has a 3-1 td to int ratio that would be ideal. If that happened it would be a successful season for the offense. Also our next starter most likely won't make head scratching decisions like Tommy did.

I think your last sentence is what people really want to see. If the new QB throws 10 picks to 25+ TDs I think we can handle that. I know Tommy only threw 7 ints but is sure seemed like there were several throws every game that should have been picked and were dropped.

I believe 2015 would be the last year Lee played at Tulane. Their schedule was this. I wouldn't say this is all "playing against the same level of talent."

Duke NO

#15 Georgia Tech NO

Maine Yes

UCF Maybe

Temple Yes

#24 Houston NO

Navy Maybe

#16 Memphis NO

Uconn Maybe

Army Maybe

SMU NO

Tulsa Maybe

SOS was 82, 15 spots lower than Nebraska's.

I think that's totally fair. I'm in the 'wait & see' boat for whoever earns the job.

I believe 2015 would be the last year Lee played at Tulane. Their schedule was this. I wouldn't say this is all "playing against the same level of talent."

Duke NO

#15 Georgia Tech NO

Maine Yes

UCF Maybe

Temple Yes

#24 Houston NO

Navy Maybe

#16 Memphis NO

Uconn Maybe

Army Maybe

SMU NO

Tulsa Maybe

I mean, some teams are better than others. But that's mostly their conference. You conference has (relatively) comparable talent. And considering SMU was 2-10 that year, I think you're kind of guessing on this. Unless by "NO" you meant that Tulane was so much better they weren't on the same level.

And I'm always a little amused when this comes up. Same way when some of TA's struggles early on were blamed on our OL. Your QB needs to be able to bring everyone else up - play better than others around him. Period. If he's only going to be as good as the guys around him, you're not going very far.

• Fire 1

Duke NO

#15 Georgia Tech NO

Maine Yes

UCF Maybe

Temple Yes

#24 Houston NO

Navy Maybe

#16 Memphis NO

Uconn Maybe

Army Maybe

SMU NO

Tulsa Maybe

I mean, some teams are better than others. But that's mostly their conference. You conference has (relatively) comparable talent. And considering SMU was 2-10 that year, I think you're kind of guessing on this. Unless by "NO" you meant that Tulane was so much better they weren't on the same level.

And I'm always a little amused when this comes up. Same way when some of TA's struggles early on were blamed on our OL. Your QB needs to be able to bring everyone else up - play better than others around him. Period. If he's only going to be as good as the guys around him, you're not going very far.

My point is that everyone is shooting arrows in the dark on this. Just because a player plays at Tulane doesn't mean that his stats were built against teams with like talent. Those lower level teams play upper level teams all the time.

It has been stated over and over and over again that there were extenuating circumstances when Lee played at Tulane such as a broken thumb. To totally ignore that and the lower level of talent around him is disingenuous at best.

Right now, i have no idea if he is going to be successful here. But, his stats at Tulane really don't mean much.

• Fire 1

How many times has Nebraska played a lower-talented team with a competent passing quarterback and we've griped about how THEY can get a "decent quarterback" and we can't? I've seen that complaint dozens of times on HuskerBoard alone.

At a minimum, Lee is that quarterback we always complained about. So now we've got him, and we'll see what it's like with an offense helmed by someone who can consistently do normal quarterback things.

I'm interested in the results. Should be fun.

• Fire 3

TA's struggles were the same regardless of what year it was and regardless of who the coach was.

Yes, most people realize that now. But that wasn't the case a couple years ago.

Heindsight and all. Most gave him the benefit of the doubt, but expected a strong Senior year. Woof...

Lee on the other hand was recruited FOR this offense, as was POB. So one could come to the conclusion that both will naturally fit better and be more productive throwing the ball. If the starter isn't, he can be replaced.

How many times has Nebraska played a lower-talented team with a competent passing quarterback and we've griped about how THEY can get a "decent quarterback" and we can't? I've seen that complaint dozens of times on HuskerBoard alone.

At a minimum, Lee is that quarterback we always complained about. So now we've got him, and we'll see what it's like with an offense helmed by someone who can consistently do normal quarterback things.

I'm interested in the results. Should be fun.

For some reason this post made me sad.