DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You said ethical violations and then posted a meme of criminal prosecutions.  It was pointed out that every Republican president gets investigated by a special counsel since there have been one.  Not some, all of them.  The reason is obvious.  Washington DC is an overwhelmingly Democratic town, people trying to get the Rs are in every building.  That's why the Obama DOJ could qualify as a criminal enterprise but no one policed the police.

There was a Republican controlled congress for 6 of the 8 years of both the Obama and Clinton administrations, and they were relentless.  Not sure what game you were watching.  

• Plus1 6

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You said ethical violations and then posted a meme of criminal prosecutions.  It was pointed out that every Republican president gets investigated by a special counsel since there have been one.  Not some, all of them.  The reason is obvious.  Washington DC is an overwhelmingly Democratic town, people trying to get the Rs are in every building.  That's why the Obama DOJ could qualify as a criminal enterprise but no one policed the police.

Or maybe the Republican party is just full of brazen criminals. With the way they champion Trump:dunno

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There was a Republican controlled congress for 6 of the 8 years of both the Obama and Clinton administrations, and they were relentless.  Not sure what game you were watching.  

The one where the Congress cannot meet you at the airport, throw you in prison, demand you tell them what they want to hear, and withhold exculpatory evidence. 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The one where the Congress cannot meet you at the airport, throw you in prison, demand you tell them what they want to hear, and withhold exculpatory evidence. 

You started out as a promising voice of diversity, but you're in as much of a bubble as anyone, Joe.

• Plus1 5

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, commando said:

i am old enough to  remember all the investigations of hillary during the obama years.  and the clinton years were full of investigations.   they found out bill got a hummer.   remember that?  and carter?  he wasn't crooked.  he may have been a goofball but he was anything but dishonest.

Well if it was fair to appoint Kennedy lawyer Archibald Cox to investigate Nixon, it should have been a famous Mafia lawyer to investigate the Kennedys.  Or for something more modern, Rudy Juliani could be an special counsel to investigate the DOJ handling of Hilary's emails. 

BTW thanks for the Chris Wallace clip.  It shows that Fox News still promotes objective fact based journalists in prominent positions.  And it doesn't change how the Obama administration was grabbing any pretext to spy on Trump (something Trump was ridiculed for suggesting until it turned out to be true) and that they already knew there was no collusion before Mueller's appointment. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

BTW thanks for the Chris Wallace clip.  It shows that Fox News still promotes objective fact based journalists in prominent positions.  

compare that segment to what hannity, carlson, "judge" janine, and fox and friends segments and see if they agree with wallace.   i've said before the fox news teams are not bad.  but their opinion shows that draw all the ratings are horrible far right disinformation campaigns.  and that is what everyone on the far right talks about.  your talking points align with what carlson, hannity, et al....are always spouting.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well if it was fair to appoint Kennedy lawyer Archibald Cox to investigate Nixon, it should have been a famous Mafia lawyer to investigate the Kennedys.  Or for something more modern, Rudy Juliani could be an special counsel to investigate the DOJ handling of Hilary's emails. 

i have a hard time following this....you seem to be calling for the mafia to be in charge of investigations?   i am sure this current administration would love that.   

also.....you think we need more investigations into hillary...even though there have been more years investigating her than there have been years investigating trump.   and the investigators of trump should be imprisoned for daring to question dear leaders motives?   by that reasoning should the investigators who came up empty investigating hillary also be imprisoned for running a  "fake" investigation? 

• Plus1 1

I'll just add an observation. This thread is interesting in that it displays a couple different separate but linked discussions at the moment:

The Trump supporters or those at least amenable to the policies of the current administration are arguing against the legitimacy of the investigations into Trump, claiming they are run by anti-Trump zealots out to get him by any means necessary. They also would like to see the DOJ now move to investigate Hillary/Obama/insert Democrat here.

Others are arguing justice should occur irrespective of party or position. And I'd add that we should not use our justice system to punish our enemies, nor protect our friends.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'll just add an observation. This thread is interesting in that it displays a couple different separate but linked discussions at the moment:

The Trump supporters or those at least amenable to the policies of the current administration are arguing against the legitimacy of the investigations into Trump, claiming they are run by anti-Trump zealots out to get him by any means necessary. They also would like to see the DOJ now move to investigate Hillary/Obama/insert Democrat here.

Others are arguing justice should occur irrespective of party or position. And I'd add that we should not use our justice system to punish our enemies, nor protect our friends.

Some of the former are subconsciously anti democracy or have the wool so pulled over their eyes they live in a false reality.

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Some of the former are subconsciously anti democracy or have the wool so pulled over their eyes they live in a false reality. 

That's what bothers me. It's OK, as long as it's for the good of their guy or team. Do they not realize the shoe will be on the other foot some day and the roles will be reversed?

I wish we saw more of people taking stands on principle rather than what's politically advantageous.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Who cares about Hilary. If she did something illegal, prosecute her for it. I fail to see how her wrongdoings absolve Trump of his wrongdoing...

People have been using the political and legal arguments interchangeably so I will likewise.

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I have been thinking about that for a long time.  Is the Left aware that anti-democratic language has been seeping through their discourse?  Do they still believe in rule by elected leaders?

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

some of them compare our DOJ to the mafia if they investigate a republican.