DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

People have been using the political and legal arguments interchangeably so I will likewise.

I have been thinking about that for a long time.  Is the Left aware that anti-democratic language has been seeping through their discourse?  Do they still believe in rule by elected leaders?

I'm curious what you mean here. Would you mind expanding on it?

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

People have been using the political and legal arguments interchangeably so I will likewise.

I have been thinking about that for a long time.  Is the Left aware that anti-democratic language has been seeping through their discourse?  Do they still believe in rule by elected leaders?

Have they? Who are these people? I just see you resort to crying "Hilary!" Whenever you get backed into a corner on Trump. I shouldn't be surprised though as that is a trademark tactic of the Trump supporter. 

• Plus1 2

Jussie Smollet and Donald Trump were both seemingly exonerated by the appointed U.S. Judicial system.

It's time to move on.

Or not.

But let's not pretend one of these smells fishy, and not the other.

(fun fact: one involves the President of the U.S., the other a bit player on a TV drama) 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, funhusker said:

I'm curious what you mean here. Would you mind expanding on it?

Rather not derail the thread into abstraction.  It's not scripted politicians, it's the nameless commentators who pop up in the media that recently sound like they don't think very highly of the will of the people. 

14 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Rather not derail the thread into abstraction.  It's not scripted politicians, it's the nameless commentators who pop up in the media that recently sound like they don't think very highly of the will of the people. 

Trump won the election in the system that was in place at the time of the election.  That should be respected.

However, let's not kid ourselves.  Trump didn't win the "will of the people".  He didn't win the majority of votes....as much as it kills him to think about that.

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump won the election in the system that was in place at the time of the election.  That should be respected.

However, let's not kid ourselves.  Trump didn't win the "will of the people".  He didn't win the majority of votes....as much as it kills him to think about that.

I guess I will derail the tread because I did not know Grover Cleveland received more popular votes than Harrison until just now.  Samuel Tilden "won" the popular vote but lost the electoral college.  The other guys, and Hilary, all garnered more votes than their opponent but finished under 50%. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elections_in_which_the_winner_lost_the_popular_vote

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

i believe if the full report did clear him "totally and completely"...he would have released it himself immediately.   he says he wants to release it but that is typical TS.  all we have so far is Barrs 4 pages that claim the report'does't indict trump...but it doesn't clear him either.   even his wording is exactly opposite what trump says of the report.   i want to at least have all congress see the unredacted report.   the people might only get to see a redacted report until someday 40 years in the future.....but congress should see the full report.   especially if there is nothing there.  

15 minutes ago, commando said:

i believe if the full report did clear him "totally and completely"...he would have released it himself immediately.   he says he wants to release it but that is typical TS.  all we have so far is Barrs 4 pages that claim the report'does't indict trump...but it doesn't clear him either.   even his wording is exactly opposite what trump says of the report.   i want to at least have all congress see the unredacted report.   the people might only get to see a redacted report until someday 40 years in the future.....but congress should see the full report.   especially if there is nothing there.  

Yeah, for someone who claims he's innocent, he's acting like a guilty person

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

So this ends up in the SC and with Kav's deciding vote - executive privilege is upheld and only a partial report is given to congress  ...  Mark my words:o  I'd be happy if I'm wrong:D

Yeah, unfortunately you're probably right. Which means it's time for Plan B - subpoena Mueller himself and have him read the report for the Committee. 

1 minute ago, schriznoeder said:

Yeah, unfortunately you're probably right. Which means it's time for Plan B - subpoena Mueller himself and have him read the report for the Committee. 

:yeah  Probably the only way we can get to the bottom of it  --- but can Trump prevent people in the admin from testifying as a part of Ex priviliege???

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:yeah  Probably the only way we can get to the bottom of it  --- but can Trump prevent people in the admin from testifying as a part of Ex priviliege???

That's a really good question. What if Mueller (or one of his staffers) resigns first, and then testifies?

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

That's a really good question. What if Mueller (or one of his staffers) resigns first, and then testifies?

I was thinking that exact same thing - maybe that is what it comes down too.  I hope there is another copy of the report someplace that Barr can't mess wt it.

• Plus1 1