DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

That fact that Trump has the balls to dance on this man's grave, after calling for his head 90 days ago is just shockingly stupid.  He will never get past his ego.  This won't end well for him and McCabe (like Comey before him) will become the "hero" of the take down of this administration.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He has no clue how much he is pissing them off against him. 

Firing the Deputy Director, a career FBI man who from all accounts was above board, a day before he is eligible to retire is a great day?

This administration is destroying this country's most valuable government agencies one at a time. FCC, EPA, State, FBI...

Edited by ZRod
  • Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

So what happens to the investigation  if Mueller is fired?

Fired before midterms: Dems take over both the Senate and House and remove trump by the following 4th of July.

Fired after midterms: American's riot and burn down our cities.....

• Plus1 1

I know first off the people will take to the streets if it happens - there's a group organizing a coordinated effort for that across the US.  https://www.marchfortruth.info/mueller-rapid-response/

But logistically my understanding is that whatever documents and investigations have been done don't just go away because Mueller is gone.  There are offices full of staff who have the same documents and etc.  The grand jury has seen info.  So honestly I don't think there's a way to shut down the momentum of the investigation just if the head is cut off. Either a new special counsel would be appointed, or potentially it would continue as just an FBI investigation (the FBI would have to have evidence of criminal actions, honestly who thinks that would be tough to find with these grifters).  I also read something this morning that said that because Trump admin has now put the sanctions in place against Russia, in a sense he has admitted that they were involved, and that pigeon holes him to move ahead.

• Plus1 1

I know Adam Schiff has said in the past if Mueller is fired he and other Dems will immediately push to reinstate him to lead the a Congressional investigation. That way Trump wouldn't have authority over him & he would answer only to Congress.

Though this would seem to require principled Republicans who care more about protecting the country & our Democracy more than protecting Trump to get on board.

Should it come to pass, we'll have to see how many of those are left.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I know Adam Schiff has said in the past if Mueller is fired he and other Dems will immediately push to reinstate him to lead the a Congressional investigation. That way Trump wouldn't have authority over him & he would answer only to Congress.

Though this would seem to require principled Republicans who care more about protecting the country & our Democracy more than protecting Trump to get on board.

This is my fear. Absolutely nothing has happened during Trump's presidency that has led me to believe more than 1% of Republicans in office care more about the country than their political party.

• Plus1 1

Or just how chained he is to the orange pile of flesh.  He obviously said it initially cuz it's been talked about, he may have been given direction to say it .. then once it became apparent how damaging it was to Trump and the investigation etc. he tried to walk it back.

Remember the tweet "HE composed" for Trump re: Flynn's firing and the lies he told to Pence?

Edited by NM11046
  • Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This is my fear. Absolutely nothing has happened during Trump's presidency that has led me to believe more than 1% of Republicans in office care more about the country than their political party.

There's a political price to be paid if the Republicans don't take action when Mueller is fired. If Mueller gets fired before the midterms, look for cataclysmic loss of seats by the Repubs and the subsequent reinstatement of Mueller as part of a Congressional investigation.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

There's a political price to be paid if the Republicans don't take action when Mueller is fired. If Mueller gets fired before the midterms, look for cataclysmic loss of seats by the Repubs and the subsequent reinstatement of Mueller as part of a Congressional investigation.

I feel pretty disillusioned in people in general right now. Are there enough people out there who haven't had the wool pulled over their eyes by Fox News, etc.?

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I feel pretty disillusioned in people in general right now. Are there enough people out there who haven't had the wool pulled over their eyes by Fox News, etc.?

Yes, remember that only about 20-25% of possible voters believe in the Republican agenda. Maybe firing Comey and Mueller will get more of the roughly 40% of eligible voters to get out and vote.

• Plus1 1