DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

40 minutes ago, QMany said:

Through all of this, F’ Mike Pence too. He’s an accomplice to all of this. 

Quietly biding his time...

I'm sure Republican politicians would rather have Pence as president. Less distractions and he would actually engage in policymaking, albeit terrible policy. But Trump's approval is by far highest among white Evangelicals, which is Pence's primary demo, denoting there's not much juice left there to squeeze. I'm not sure Pence has the broad appeal to win in 2020 when the walls come crashing down. He's still a naked political opportunist and a smarmy liar.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Quietly biding his time...

I'm sure Republican politicians would rather have Pence as president. Less distractions and he would actually engage in policymaking, albeit terrible policy. But Trump's approval is by far highest among white Evangelicals, which is Pence's primary demo, denoting there's not much juice left there to squeeze. I'm not sure Pence has the broad appeal to win in 2020 when the walls come crashing down. He's still a naked political opportunist and a smarmy liar.

Knowing the Catholics that I do, I'm surprised to see his approval rating so low from them. I wonder what the breakdown would be for white Catholics and hispanic/minority Catholics

• Plus1 1

On 3/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Trump is going to go ballistic.  Tee hee hee........

I can't imagine his response when they start looking behind the scenes of his company.

This is why we are seeing our dear leader fall apart this weekend on Twitter. 

It’s so predictable. 

Edited by BigRedBuster
18 minutes ago, commando said:

the mcabe firing is a test run for trump to see how a mueller firing would be seen by his supporters and what the possible consequences would be.   so far i think he is pleased and we might see the s#!t hit the fan soon.   

Graham says that firing Mueller would end the Trump presidency.

• Plus1 1

If you only watch Fox News --- which he does -- Trump's recent moves on Korea, Mueller, and his own staff and cabinet have shown him to be the forceful and transformational leader America has been waiting for. 

Fun fact: the people he's been firing are the people most willing and able to talk him down. 

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you're a white evangelical, what exactly has there been to love about Trump?

This is where you realize it's more about the white than it is the evangelical. 

I'd say it's a number of things. 

I can't honestly believe very many of them honestly believe he's pro-life himself, except the most susceptible rubes, but he's pushing pro-lie policies, and I guess that's all that matters. For instance, there's a very strong undercurrent of evangelicals installed in the DHHS, and they're pushing evangelical-friendly initiatives. This is why you see new regulation rollbacks allowing more religious exemptions in healthcare, HHS defining life at conception  & the sheer idiocy that is abstinence-only education making a comeback.

Of course, there's golden boy Mike Pence waiting in the wings, and they've replaced Scalia with basically a younger Scalia. So maybe they feel like those promises of overturning Roe v. Wade aren't as hollow as they really are.

I could see how the evangelical church would buy pretty heavily into Trumpism. A lot of "God's anointed leader" or "us vs. the enemy" tribalism probably gets tossed around. 

On the other hand, it is exclusively white folks. Which means evangelical minorities aren't buying the gospel of Trumpism. It appears a lot of the rest of them are naked transactionalists.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

but he's pushing pro-lie policies

Freudian slip? lol

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

My mom's an evangelical Christian and she can't stand the guy. She doesn't get it either. Nothing about him is Christian. Because he's not Christian. He's his own god.

I self-identified as evangelical until Trump was elected. That was a nail in the coffin for me (and many others). Then I got fired from my church ministry job 7 months later.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Landlord said:

I self-identified as evangelical until Trump was elected. That was a nail in the coffin for me (and many others). Then I got fired from my church ministry job 7 months later.

What happened, if you don't mind me asking? I know you have been one of the most vocal advocate for faith around here.

PM if you don't want to make it public, and, if not, I understand.