DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I personally think it's a valuable article.

In many ways, there are stories flying all over the Internet about trump and Russia.

It's important that people not believe everything they read.

I dislike trump as much as anyone and believe there is something here that needs to be found out through investigations. However, there will be oriole who put out fake stories about this.

• Fire 1

The advice, "Don't believe everything you read" is valuable. Instead of sticking with that, the author took half a dozen disparate conspiracy theories and claimed there's some pattern of Democrats falling for fake news. That's tabloid stuff. The article itself, at least as headlined, is fake news.

• Fire 1

I didn't "take offense" to it. I analyzed the article and found it lacking.

Do you think the stuff the author describes is truly mainstream Democrat thinking? Because the danger with Fake News over the last year was that it aggressively infiltrated the thought processes of the average Republican voter. I'm not seeing that from Democrats, but then I spend far less time with Democrats than Republicans here in Nebraska.

• Fire 1

I don't care if it's mainstream right now. The Republican crap didn't start off as mainstream either. I view the article as wanting to warn people not to fall into it BEFORE it gets to that point.

I honestly can not figure out why you have such a problem with an article that points out falsehoods put out by people with ulterior motives no matter how "mainstream" it is at this point.

This needs to be something that is on people's minds all the time when reading stuff on the internet no matter which side they are on. In fact, I've read tweets even here on this board that I've had to wonder if they are actually true or not and didn't really have a good way of proving them one way or the other. Were they from a "main stream" news outlet? No. But, they are obviously being passed around just because someone tweeted it.

I posted an article that showed that, even though it isn't mainstream yet, that there is fake news about Trump on the internet. If you have problem with that, then....well.....what ev'.