DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I'm not taking it personally.

I just find it odd that we (including me) sit around bemoaning fake news from the right all over the internet and heavily criticize right wing people for supporting it and believing it.

A simple article was written (even by a fairly liberal outlet) about fake news going the other direction and it's poo pooed as though the article is meaningless.

If anything, I would have though the reaction would have been. "Hey, I'm glad liberal outlets are getting on top of this and pointing out fake news even from their own idealogical side."

If anything, MORE articles like this need to be written even if they are pointing out stuff from fringe sites. Instead, here, it gets shot down as though it never should have been written.

THAT is what I find odd coming from someone who preaches against crap that can't be backed by facts.

I don't bemoan fake news from the right, I bemoan fake news. I agree that we should all be vigilant about our news, and nobody from any point on the political spectrum is immune.

That doesn't mean this is a good or factual article.

Those two statements are odd together.

I'm done with the conversation. You've stated your opinion of the article and so have I....moving on.

• Fire 1

Something that keeps coming to my mind in all of this.

Trump was ushered to office in part due to "supporting law enforcement". Always taking the police side in disputes. Anyone who questions police are unAmerican bla bla bla..../

Meanwhile...Trump over and over and over denigrates, disrespects, questions, demeans....the intelligence community.

Hmmm....wonder why there is such a break in attitudes between the two. Aren't they all a form of "law enforcement"?

• Fire 3

Something that keeps coming to my mind in all of this.

Trump was ushered to office in part due to "supporting law enforcement". Always taking the police side in disputes. Anyone who questions police are unAmerican bla bla bla..../

Meanwhile...Trump over and over and over denigrates, disrespects, questions, demeans....the intelligence community.

Hmmm....wonder why there is such a break in attitudes between the two. Aren't they all a form of "law enforcement"?

Interesting point. Certainly some cognitive dissonance.

Brennan says he saw intel linking Russia to Trump campaign associates

Former CIA Director John Brennan threw another log on the Trump-Russia controversy on Tuesday, testifying to House lawmakers that he saw intelligence linking Moscow to people involved with President Trump’s 2016 campaign.

“I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals,” Brennan said.

“It raised questions in my mind about whether Russia was able to gain the cooperation of those individuals,” he told members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Trump in recent days has adamantly denied any claim of "collusion" with Russia, particularly in the wake of a special counsel being named to oversee the federal Russia probe.

Brennan said during Tuesday's open hearing he did not know whether Trump’s campaign “colluded” with Russia but said he saw "information and intelligence that was worthy of investigation.”

• Fire 1

The advice, "Don't believe everything you read" is valuable. Instead of sticking with that, the author took half a dozen disparate conspiracy theories and claimed there's some pattern of Democrats falling for fake news. That's tabloid stuff. The article itself, at least as headlined, is fake news.

I agree with this assessment. Anti-vaxxers have stronger pull on the left than the fringe the author seems to have dug up here (please correct me if I'm wrong). There's very, very little content to support this bold headline and even bolder Tweet-headline.

Meanwhile, Infowars just got a White House press pass, and Breitbart's man is one of the top voices in the Trump White House. So...

This does not surprise me.

One of the intelligence members recently testified that people within the administration may be unknowingly helping Russia.

Trump and his family have no clue what they are doing and have no experience dealing with the possibility of foreign intelligence officers tricking them. They also came into all of this with egos bigger than big and thought they were smarter than anyone else in the US government.

Kushner could have been being used and had no clue.

• Fire 1