DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I can't read the article, but a back channel might not be a bad thing. It's never bad to keep the communication channels open.

Couple things ....

Rumbles from a friend, of a friend of a friend who has a nephew who works w/a GOP senator who says in the halls there the rumors are that Pence's people are the leakers. It's a calculated plan to get him into POTUS role.

Also - anybody else think there's a chance that Bannon is the leaker on this Kush news? With their back and forth seems to make sense to me that he'd want this cocky kid taken out. He's impacted Bannon's ability to influence.

Friend of a friend, of a friend, of a friend says he's got beach front property in Vegas...

Just sharing the thought on Pence - didn't seem that far fetched.

And I disagree with a 30 something, real estate dabbler, son-in-law of a POTUS elect establishing a "back channel" of communication with the Kremlin in advance of his unqualified and questionably aligned father-in-law taking office. And this was done while in the company of Michael Flynn who was as we know not acting in the best interest of this country.

• Fire 2

I'm not sure what to make of the Kushner story. It just seems the guy is in way over his head. Unsurprising. Dysfunction describes the entire WH.

America is too strong militarily to be brought to her knees. Fortunately for our adversaries, they can count on the dunce rate in our citizenry and abet the political movements that vault people to power who are destructive, incompetent, or both. I don't think they're picky about which.

• Fire 1

Ok. I think it's arguable that back channels aren't always bad. I think that's a defensible position.

But then why lie about it? Why leave that off your security clearance forms?

Also, is it any wonder that Kushner happened to forget about his meetings with this Kislyak guy, the same guy Sessions happened to leave off his forms and forget to mention during his appointment hearing, the same guy Flynn happened to lie about contacting?

Are we assuming these are all a bunch of one-off occurrences that all miraculously produced one big coincidence? Or is there fire where there is smoke?

I could see Pence trying to undermine Trump. He's a craven opportunist. if he's been willing to sell his soul and prop up Trump to get here, why wouldn't he do everything he could to ascend to POTUS? Especially if he has plausible deniability and can have his underlings do it.