DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yep...that's why Burr and not Loeffler.

I'm guessing that if Burr's committee sticks to releasing a report that doesn't look good for Trump, the charges will be pressed.  If Burr's committed releases a report saying nothing happened...well....have a good day Mr. Burr.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why Burr and not Loeffler? Could it be because Burr headed the Intel committee that determined Russia is messing in our elections recently? Burr deserves to go down but just interesting to me Loeffler isn't getting cuffed as well 

34 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm a bit more cynical than you are. I'm thinking Burr only got hemmed up because he was on the wrong side of the Russia situation. Again, he deserves to see justice, but there has been a pattern of those who go against what Trump wants getting the focus of the DOJ. Why was Parnas arrested and Guiliani still walks free? 

Burr isn't getting arrested. It's a warrant for phone records. Getting the warrant requires a judge to agree there's enough probable cause, which the FBI may not have for Loeffler yet.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep...that's why Burr and not Loeffler.

I'm guessing that if Burr's committee sticks to releasing a report that doesn't look good for Trump, the charges will be pressed.  If Burr's committed releases a report saying nothing happened...well....have a good day Mr. Burr.

Normally that would seem like a crack pot conspiracy theory but under this administration it seems more like basic operations 

Just now, RedDenver said:

Burr isn't getting arrested. It's a warrant for phone records. Getting the warrant requires a judge to agree there's enough probable cause, which the FBI may not have for Loeffler yet.

you are correct. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. Time will tell I suppose. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Case in point to the above...

If you can investigate presidents... I've got bad news for you, Donnie.

Good lord.

A bit on the nose even for a doofus like Trump.

Lindsey Graham's spine melted a long time ago so this might be interesting. (Edit: I see know that while completely spineless, Graham is not a total moron. Drat.)

He's clearly going to try to force this square peg through the round hole until either the peg or the hole breaks.

49 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Normally that would seem like a crack pot conspiracy theory but under this administration it seems more like basic operations 

you are correct. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. Time will tell I suppose. 

Remember, Chris Wray runs the FBI, not Barr. Republicans are getting annoyed with Wray for not bending to their whims. Technically he is a subordinate to both Barr and Trump but I do not think he'd allow the FBI to be used corruptly like that and would probably resign before fulfilling a corrupt order from either of them.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Remember, Chris Wray runs the FBI, not Barr. Republicans are getting annoyed with Wray for not bending to their whims. Technically he is a subordinate to both Barr and Trump but I do not think he'd allow the FBI to be used corruptly like that and would probably resign before fulfilling a corrupt order from either of them.

The thing is what Burr did is absolutely criminal. If Wray and the FBI are given a proven criminal they won't hesitate to go after that nor should they. But I think there is some selective focus going on. There is a pattern that seems to support that but to be fair no proof either. I'm not pulling this from thin air, this theory is floating around at the moment. I for one find it credible. 

13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The thing is what Burr did is absolutely criminal. If Wray and the FBI are given a proven criminal they won't hesitate to go after that nor should they. But I think there is some selective focus going on. There is a pattern that seems to support that but to be fair no proof either. I'm not pulling this from thin air, this theory is floating around at the moment. I for one find it credible. 

Oh wait, I misread Burr as Barr and completely misunderstood your post. Apologies. I thought we were talking about the Flynn situation.

Yeah, Burr stepping aside from leading the Intel committee is super problematic. He very well may have broken the law but putting some Trump weasel in charge of this report is BAD.

The GOP is so deep in corrupt cronyism that I'm not sure how much faith we can put in them on this. We'll have to see who they appoint to take over and judge from there.

John Cornyn and Tom Cotton are on that committee as well. We'll have to hold our butts if either of them get the reins. I'm most afraid of the latter.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Goodness, why in the world we couldn't have a common sense guy like Evan in the WH???

I don't understand the logic.

"They surveilled Flynn illegally! OBAMAGATE!"

They didn't, actually. And what's the alternative? Allow Flynn to continue criming?

Mike Flynn should have the freedom to commit crimes with impunity. Got it.

11 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Oh wait, I misread Burr as Barr and completely misunderstood your post. Apologies. I thought we were talking about the Flynn situation.

Yeah, Burr stepping aside from leading the Intel committee is super problematic. He very well may have broken the law but putting some Trump weasel in charge of this report is BAD.

The GOP is so deep in corrupt cronyism that I'm not sure how much faith we can put in them on this. We'll have to see who they appoint to take over and judge from there.

John Cornyn and Tom Cotton are on that committee as well. We'll have to hold our butts if either of them get the reins. I'm most afraid of the latter.

Didn't even see that Burr had stepped down when I started this tangent but that definitely makes me even more suspicious. I would be shocked if it wasn't 1 of the 2 you named. Trump using the long arms of the law to fend off damaging oversight. One could argue he did the same to Cohen, Epstien, Parnas. 

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I don't understand the logic.

"They surveilled Flynn illegally! OBAMAGATE!"

They didn't, actually. And what's the alternative? Allow Flynn to continue criming?

Mike Flynn should have the freedom to commit crimes with impunity. Got it.

Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn. This is the biggest nothingburger of all time 

• Plus1 3