DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Anybody thinking Bill Barr isn't going to conjure up some BS investigation in the fall is fooling themselves. His boss is laying the groundwork publicly.

Also, you have to laugh, because this is the Trump equivalent of "Of course I know what we're talking about. But I don't want to just give it away to you, so why don't you tell ME what we're talking about?"

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Anybody thinking Bill Barr isn't going to conjure up some BS investigation in the fall is fooling themselves. His boss is laying the groundwork publicly.

Also, you have to laugh, because this is the Trump equivalent of "Of course I know what we're talking about. But I don't want to just give it away to you, so why don't you tell ME what we're talking about?"

Trump channeling his inner Damon Benning

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Holy f#&%.....Well....now we know why Trump wanted him in there so bad.

CNS News is going bonkers over this.  Article about Ken Star's interview wt Laura Ingraham

Trump will make this next election all about the Obama admin: 

1.  Blaming Obama for empty pandemic shelves and policy. Trump supporters will unfortunately believe that lie

2. Blaming Obama for everything Mueller, Russian (or should I say Ukraine) related

When in the end, you don't have a record to stand on, you deflect and blame.  It doesn't mater how you start (Trump will say he caused a booming economy) but how you finished.  Trump has failed in handling the biggest crisis of his presidency.  While we can't blame him for the failed economy in the same way we can blame GWB for Hurricane Katrina, we can evaluate their responses to those crises.  Trump is a failed leader.  He's failed to show any moral leadership through this crisis, he's failed in the area of compassion, and he failed by not being prepared as an administrator and for making unwise cuts in vital programs. He's failed to take any responsibility. 

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/ken-starr-barack-obama-has-opened-himself-huge-questions

On Monday, former independent counsel Ken Starr told Fox News's Laura Ingraham that by weighing in, Obama has "opened himself up to some of the most serious questions over the last...four years."

The motion to dismiss the General Flynn indictment I think is very, very troubling for President Obama. It's not only when you read this motion -- and every American should read this motion -- it's very readable.

The question emerges not just what did the president know and when did he know it? I'm going to ask the further question. What did the president do and when did he do it? And did he know that the Department of Justice was being completely circumvented by his director of the FBI, Jim Comey, in league with James clapper. Huge questions.

Don't jump to conclusions, but let's ask the questions. He is now, I believe, with all due respect, opened himself up to some of the most serious questions over the last -- certainly, the last four years.

Even The Wall Street Journal Editorial Board wondered on Sunday what Obama is "really worried about":

"Barack Obama is a lawyer, so it was stunning to read that he ventured into the Michael Flynn case in a way that misstated the supposed crime and ignored the history of his own Administration in targeting Mr. Flynn. Since the former President chose to offer his legal views when he didn’t need to, we wonder what he’s really worried about," the WSJ Editorial Board wrote.

Flynn’s lead attorney Sidney Powell told Fox News’s Sean Hannity on Monday that Obama’s comments “reflect that Mr. Barr is over the target and apparently dropping some effective bombs. And he (Obama) is desperate to try to rally the troops to buttress his pathetic arguments.”

Who leaked the names on FISA warrants?

More information is expected to emerge soon, as Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grennell releases the names of the Obama administration officials who requested the unmasking of people being surveilled by FISA warrants.

As Ken Starr noted, the unmasking isn't the problem: "The key is, who leaked the classified information? ...That is the crime. That's the very serious crime.

"So if the unmasking was related to an understanding that there would then be a leak to David Ignatius or whomever of "The Washington Post," then that person may very well be in jeopardy, but the key is who leaked the classified information," Starr said.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Pretty sure the gambit is Republicans will try to convince people this is a massive scandal because they know they can't really sell themselves on the merits.

Eyes on the prize. Don't be stupid.

If they manage to make this a thing it's another signal this country is on a steep downward slope. Everything I've seen about this shows it to be legal, and it was approved by the NSA. This isn't even 1/100th of a thing that Clinton's e-mails were. If we don't manage to get rid of Trump (and maybe even if we do) things are gonna get really s#!tty.

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Then Mr Schmidt won't mind when Trump shines the light into the hole.  I mean, there aren't any rats who will be scared right?

Manafort moved to house arrest

I feel like you know nothing about history. There's such a thing as being wrongfully imprisoned, or worse, by a corrupt/tyrannical government. That isn't happening yet, but I would not feel safe if I were these people, even if innocent. Best case scenario this is just an attempt to distract and win an election, but it's corrupt to use the DOJ for that.