14-year-old girl gang-raped in high school bathroom by illegal immigrants

Yes zrod I do. I know many legal citizens right now that would take any of those jobs.while a few of you are at your desks at work right now writing on Husker board. I have a college degree but I sit in a grain truck hauling beans in mid-nebraska. Tonight I will go to a second job to work with the elderly.America doesn't need more illegals coming in and taking more jobs away from Americans.

Moraine, maybe, just maybe the Mexican people should revolt against their inept government.

It's weird how you don't see many Americans in those jobs then isn't it? And it's weird how we have visas specifically for migrant workers...

I respect you're hard work and the choices you made, I don't think many Americans really want to break their back in the fields for minimum wage though. How does that help someone in an urban metro?

• Fire 1

Calling an illegal immigrants undocumented is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist. If the laws on the books were enforced they wouldn't of been here in the first place

You could not be missing the point more.

It's like claiming that a guy jaywalked on his way to rape somebody, and if only we'd have enforced those jaywalking laws on the books he'd have had to stay on the other side of the road, then that guy wouldn't have raped anyone. The illegal immigration status (or jaywalking, littering, tax evasion, insert your own other unrelated crime) has nothing to do with and is not even on the same playing field as the rape.

Additionally in my example, there are people he can victimize on both sides of the road. So even if that guy isn't in America, he can still commit terrible crimes. So you're coming across as saying as long as it doesn't happen in America, we shouldn't care.

• Fire 1

Yes zrod I do. I know many legal citizens right now that would take any of those jobs.while a few of you are at your desks at work right now writing on Husker board. I have a college degree but I sit in a grain truck hauling beans in mid-nebraska. Tonight I will go to a second job to work with the elderly.America doesn't need more illegals coming in and taking more jobs away from Americans.

Moraine, maybe, just maybe the Mexican people should revolt against their inept government.

Wow, lack of self-awareness in a country composed of immigrants and their descendants. Maybe we all should have stayed in our former countries and revolted instead.

So....if illegals weren't here, you would take a job working in vegetable fields or pouring concrete or a meat packing plant?

I know a meat packing plant right now in central Nebraska that is starting at $17 per hour for someone with no education. Why don't you go apply?

So....if illegals weren't here, you would take a job working in vegetable fields or pouring concrete or a meat packing plant?

I know a meat packing plant right now in central Nebraska that is starting at $17 per hour for someone with no education. Why don't you go apply?

As a matter of fact I worked at the packing house in Grand Island for 5 years as a young man before college. So I have and would work those jobs if I had to.

If you had too????

I thought you were desperate enough to work two jobs.

Packing plants have many entry level management jobs for people right out of college that will pay way over the $17.

So...you really don't want to work in the packing plant even though it pays pretty well.

Let me ask you this...what specific job has an illegal immigrant taken that you wish you had and really want?

If you had too????

Packing plants have many entry level management jobs for people right out of college that will pay way over the $17.

So...you really don't want to work in the packing plant even though it pays pretty well.

Let me ask you this...what specific job has an illegal immigrant taken that you wish you had and really want?

He never said an illegal had taken a job he wanted. He said he knew of legal citizens who would work those jobs.

I don't think most of those speaking out against illegals walking across the border are against work visas so we as a government have some idea who is here and where they are. As it is now there is a subculture of people living in the shadows and it doesn't need to be that way. A country that prides itself on being a free people should have a system in place that keeps 2% of the population from living in fear. Sadly we haven't controlled the borders and now we have the mess that exists. 12 to 15 million people who came here uninvited. A percentage of those range from petty to hardened criminals. Not saying it is a higher percentage than what any nationality has so don't jump on that bandwagon.

The kid who raped the 14 year old girl was from Latin America and came in with the waves of kids about 3 years ago. I don't know what he saw growing up but maybe he would have understood his wrong doing had he gone to citizenship classes with his parents and family (all of whom would have had to struggle to get into this country). instead of getting pushed to live with God knows who and being placed in school with kids 5 years younger.

• Fire 2

If you had too????

He never said an illegal had taken a job he wanted. He said he knew of legal citizens who would work those jobs.

I don't think most of those speaking out against illegals walking across the border are against work visas so we as a government have some idea who is here and where they are. As it is now there is a subculture of people living in the shadows and it doesn't need to be that way. A country that prides itself on being a free people should have a system in place that keeps 2% of the population from living in fear. Sadly we haven't controlled the borders and now we have the mess that exists. 12 to 15 million people who came here uninvited. A percentage of those range from petty to hardened criminals. Not saying it is a higher percentage than what any nationality has so don't jump on that bandwagon.

The kid who raped the 14 year old girl was from Latin America and came in with the waves of kids about 3 years ago. I don't know what he saw growing up but maybe he would have understood his wrong doing had he gone to citizenship classes with his parents and family (all of whom would have had to struggle to get into this country). instead of getting pushed to live with God knows who and being placed in school with kids 5 years younger.

Why don't we create agricultural worker visas that allow them to stay longer than a season? A lot of illegals came here legally and over stayed their visa. Maybe we should embrace these people and make it easier for them to be here legally. They can contribute (and already do) to the economy just like everyone else.

I doubt a citizenship class is going to teach someone not to rape. We send our kids to school and some of them still turn out as bad people. These guys were in high school at 17 and 18 for crying out load, where they're supposed to be. If they were hear legally this probably still would have occurred. It sounds like from other sources it wasn't a violent act and was statutory in nature. Still not a good thing, but not uncommon in this age range at any high school. I'll wait and see if they are actually convicted of a violent crime...

If you had too????

My questioning comes from him making comments about knowing legal citizens who would work these jobs and then he talked about his college degree but not having a job that is at the level of the degree and having to work two jobs. It's easy to assume he is saying that was caused by illegal immigrants.

If I took that wrong, he can correct my thoughts.

For the most part, I agree with the rest of your post. These 12 - 15 million people should not have to live in fear. AND...in fact, if they didn't have to live in fear, they will be more willing to help police find the criminal elements within their population.

I heard a prosecutor interviewed from a county that borders Mexico. She basically said this. She said that all the fear of deportation has made it more difficult for police in her area to actually find the criminals.

I haven't heard anyone argue that people who are actually convicted of violent crimes shouldn't be deported. The lady I heard interviewed said the problem is that the DOJ wants them to turn over people who have just been CHARGED of a crime and not convicted. She had a major problem with that.

I guess I'm still interested in knowing what jobs Mexicans are taking. I just got out of a meeting where we need more people and can't get them. We talk to businesses all over central Nebraska and they are in the same boat. If there are legal citizens sitting at home without work because of Mexicans...where are they???

Sorry, this excuse to hate on Mexicans just ticks me off some when we sit here in Nebraska with an unemployment rate less than 3%, almost impossible to find people who want to work, will show up for work and will be responsible when here at work. The people we have are fantastic. But, we need more and we aren't the only one. If you are sitting at home in central Nebraska crying because you don't have a job.....it's on you.

End of rant.......

• Fire 4

I guess I'm still interested in knowing what jobs Mexicans are taking. I just got out of a meeting where we need more people and can't get them. We talk to businesses all over central Nebraska and they are in the same boat. If there are legal citizens sitting at home without work because of Mexicans...where are they???

Sorry, this excuse to hate on Mexicans just ticks me off some when we sit here in Nebraska with an unemployment rate less than 3%, almost impossible to find people who want to work, will show up for work and will be responsible when here at work. The people we have are fantastic. But, we need more and we aren't the only one. If you are sitting at home in central Nebraska crying because you don't have a job.....it's on you.

End of rant.......

We are hiring also and have had a hard time getting people to apply. Our pay and benefits are some the best that you can receive in our industry, let alone in our area but people still do not want to apply. I chalk it up to laziness and being on government assistance more then anything. There are a number of people I know that are perfectly capable of working but won't because they will lose their "benefits".

I'd like to pile onto that.

Other immigrants aren't taking the grad school positions or the good jobs, either.

If they are in grad school or have a good job it's because they were by far the best for the position. In my experience universities and companies will give the spot to an American if it's a tie or if it's close.

Actions speak louder than words. Liberals will do nothing to stop or prevent something like this from happening. Liberals tolerate rape in the name of diversity and multiculturalism.

:facepalm:

Don't mean to be rude, but that's a RIDCULOUSLY IDIOTIC thing to say.

Conversely, Republican men think that rape can be "legitimate" and/or the woman's body can "shut a rape down."

http://gawker.com/5938849/a-recent-history-of-republicans-talking-about-rape

So the question I have is: Why do white, conservative, "religious" men think raping a woman is fine?