Ed Morrow

The Huskers signed 15 recruits/transfers from 2013-2016.

At best, 7 of them will complete their eligibility here.

As I said in the Horne thread, guys transferring every year is now a "thing" in college basketball. I'm not going to crucify Miles for that. Its the winning games that I have a problem with.

This twit from 2 weeks ago shows each program should expect to lose 2-3 players/year.

https://twitter.com/huskerextracb/status/842090042512273412

Generally speaking, I agree with you. Transfers are pretty common. But it's usually the Fuller/Horne type guys who are barely playing. Not so much guys who are starters/major contributors.

Well, except for the very guy that transferred here, Copeland.

We're counting on injured wash-outs from the Big East now? Might as well see if Zierdan has any eligibility left.

• Fire 1

From BTN...I guess they don't know Morrow is bad at sports.

13. Nebraska. The Cornhuskers are looking to overcome a disappointing season in what shapes up as a big year for Tim Miles. Nebraska will have back key players in F Isaiah Roby, G Glynn Watson Jr., F Ed Morrow, C Jordy Tshimanga, F Jack McVeigh and F Michael Jacobson. But G Tai Webster is gone, leaving a void. - See more at: http://btn.com/2017/03/28/dienhart-early-early-look-at-2017-18-big-ten-power-rankings/#sthash.RXhuMIpp.dpuf

• Fire 2

After reading an article with quotes from him and his father, this baffles me. He claims he still loves Nebraska, the program and there are no hard feelings. But, he feels he needs to go somewhere else that will use him as a wing so he can get ready for the NBA.

WTF???

The reason he was being used as a 5 was because we lacked kids in that position. Next year we will have two guys taller and bigger than him which should have allowed him to play the 4. The kid was put on the floor in major minutes and was allowed to contribute and be a major part of the team.

I just don't get it.

On the subject of Miles. When looking at coaches to see if they are still being effective, two things are important (among others). a) Is he still being able to recruit good athletes...and b) Are the players currently on the team still wanting to play hard for him. Miles is on shaky ground right now with this.

Just a point of reference....White averaged 18.5 points per game for Syracuse this season and was their leading scorer and won 19 games.

Miles is the delusional one who won't use him as a wing? Has this guy ever made anything besides a lay-up? He's not a wing. He is an UNDERSIZED 4, that can't score from the outside or even 15 feet.

White was the leading scorer at Nebraska and also didn't make the tournament here. Zippity-doo-dah.

I'm not blaming Miles for Morrow's situation. My point is, we have bodies next year that can fill the 5 spot. If he wants to play the 4 or 3, he would have had his opportunity. If that's what he wants, then it's up to him to work on his shot to be able to score from the outside.

My point with White is the fact some here (including me) thought it was addition by subtraction when he left. He then went on to be the leading scorer on a team that had a better season than Nebraska did.

Man, I never thought losing White was a good thing.

After reading an article with quotes from him and his father, this baffles me. He claims he still loves Nebraska, the program and there are no hard feelings. But, he feels he needs to go somewhere else that will use him as a wing so he can get ready for the NBA.

WTF???

The reason he was being used as a 5 was because we lacked kids in that position. Next year we will have two guys taller and bigger than him which should have allowed him to play the 4. The kid was put on the floor in major minutes and was allowed to contribute and be a major part of the team.

I just don't get it.

On the subject of Miles. When looking at coaches to see if they are still being effective, two things are important (among others). a) Is he still being able to recruit good athletes...and b) Are the players currently on the team still wanting to play hard for him. Miles is on shaky ground right now with this.

Just a point of reference....White averaged 18.5 points per game for Syracuse this season and was their leading scorer and won 19 games.

Miles is the delusional one who won't use him as a wing? Has this guy ever made anything besides a lay-up? He's not a wing. He is an UNDERSIZED 4, that can't score from the outside or even 15 feet.

White was the leading scorer at Nebraska and also didn't make the tournament here. Zippity-doo-dah.

I'm not blaming Miles for Morrow's situation. My point is, we have bodies next year that can fill the 5 spot. If he wants to play the 4 or 3, he would have had his opportunity. If that's what he wants, then it's up to him to work on his shot to be able to score from the outside.

My point with White is the fact some here (including me) thought it was addition by subtraction when he left. He then went on to be the leading scorer on a team that had a better season than Nebraska did.

Losing a selfish player that didn't play defense doesn't hurt as bad as losing one that worked on both sides of the court.

There are a quite a few players in college who are 6'6-6'7 PF and can get the job done, but for him to think that he can be a good SF is pretty silly IMO. He is a long ways away from the outside shooting, dribbling, and passing abilities needed. He is a good college rebounder and inside scorer, that's about it. I don't see anything wrong with having that skill set and what it brings to a team. Everyone seems to think they can play in the NBA

There are a quite a few players in college who are 6'6-6'7 PF and can get the job done, but for him to think that he can be a good SF is pretty silly IMO. He is a long ways away from the outside shooting, dribbling, and passing abilities needed. He is a good college rebounder and inside scorer, that's about it. I don't see anything wrong with having that skill set and what it brings to a team. Everyone seems to think they can play in the NBA

Morrow sacrificed quite a bit when he was willing to take on the biggest opponent every game and play out of position at the 5. I don't know how that doesn't make him a team player. I think he was asking Miles for a slight change in role, with the opportunity to play more wing, and Miles basically told him no. I realize that Morrow would have needed to develop his skills more, but it's a bit of a chicken/egg argument. What good would it do Morrow if he busted his ass all summer improving himself, if Miles wasn't going to use him in those situations.
  • Fire 2

WTF???

I just don't get it.

Losing a selfish player that didn't play defense doesn't hurt as bad as losing one that worked on both sides of the court.

Alright. I guess I wasn't comparing the two. I'd take White over Morrow though, since we are now. (Also note that I didn't say losing Morrow is a good thing either)

Morrow sacrificed quite a bit when he was willing to take on the biggest opponent every game and play out of position at the 5. I don't know how that doesn't make him a team player. I think he was asking Miles for a slight change in role, with the opportunity to play more wing, and Miles basically told him no. I realize that Morrow would have needed to develop his skills more, but it's a bit of a chicken/egg argument. What good would it do Morrow if he busted his ass all summer improving himself, if Miles wasn't going to use him in those situations.

I like Morrow and what he brought to the team, not saying he was selfish, but you have to be realistic about your own skill set. He would have posed no threat outside of 10 feet offensively

I like Morrow and what he brought to the team, not saying he was selfish, but you have to be realistic about your own skill set. He would have posed no threat outside of 10 feet offensively

Ed is realistic. He understands that there is no shot at developing into a better player with Miles as coach.

• Fire 3

Ed is realistic. He understands that there is no shot at developing into a better player with Miles as coach.

Because his teammate Webster didn't at all...

Sure Webster did. The difficult part with him is how much of it was Miles and how much was playing on his country's national team.

But even if we give Miles full credit. That's what? One player in 6 seasons that vastly improved?

• Fire 2

Sure Webster did. The difficult part with him is how much of it was Miles and how much was playing on his country's national team.

But even if we give Miles full credit. That's what? One player in 6 seasons that vastly improved?

How many of Mile's players over the years have been 4 year guys?

How many of Mile's players over the years have been 4 year guys?

Not many since they transfer out

• Mavric changed the title to Ed Morrow