Ed Morrow

Saying webster was the only player that improved under Miles is an unnecessary exaggeration.

Webster

Watson

Jacobsen

Shields

...come to mind as players that have improved under him.

My opinion is that Shields was a very good player for Nebraska. But he didn't vastly improve from start to finish. He was basically the same player every year. And before we all start to search Google, I am aware of his scoring from freshman to senior year.

Watson and Jacobson are both sophomores so I will reserve judgement on them until a year or two more. Or unless they transfer as well.

I believe Mavric posted in another thread that Ed was our most efficient player based off ESPN player efficiency ratings. Pretty tough to believe anyone can dismiss a guy who was averaging 10 and 8 in 23 mpg while being undersized and playing hurt. Jorday may end up being the better player, as he has a higher ceiling, but Ed is definitely the best 4/5 we have/had right now.

I will lose it if you mention this stat ever again.

God damn it Mav.

The player of the year and the scoring champion barely cracked the Top 100 players in the country on that list. It's a broken statistic and everyone knows that unless you're using it to twist your argument.

• Fire 1

Surprised, but as I've said before, ideally he isn't a starter anyways. Undersized big man who can barely throw it down off two feet.

Wish him the best, hard worker, but always hurt...

You are an idiot. When he was healthy he was our best player.

SO.. Mods, we are allowing name calling?

And he wasn't our best player, he was our best POST player, which wasn't saying much at the time. Jordy actually supplanted him in that role late in the season.

Watson and Webster were our best players throughout the course of the season.

Remember that time against Wisconsin our BEST player missed two free throws and we lost the game shortly after? Some best player.

Not statistically. Now as others have said, Jordy certainly has a higher ceiling. He definitely didn't surpass him this past season though.

Also false, Jordy averaged more boards per minute than Ed did. So....

Surprised, but as I've said before, ideally he isn't a starter anyways. Undersized big man who can barely throw it down off two feet.

And he wasn't our best player, he was our best POST player, which wasn't saying much at the time. Jordy actually supplanted him in that role late in the season.

Remember that time against Wisconsin our BEST player missed two free throws and we lost the game shortly after? Some best player.

Not statistically. Now as others have said, Jordy certainly has a higher ceiling. He definitely didn't surpass him this past season though.

Over the last 5 games Jordy averaged 3.2 rebounds per game while Morrow averaged 3.25. Splitting hairs but Ed averaged more than Jordy did. So...

• Fire 1

I believe Mavric posted in another thread that Ed was our most efficient player based off ESPN player efficiency ratings. Pretty tough to believe anyone can dismiss a guy who was averaging 10 and 8 in 23 mpg while being undersized and playing hurt. Jorday may end up being the better player, as he has a higher ceiling, but Ed is definitely the best 4/5 we have/had right now.

I will lose it if you mention this stat ever again.

God damn it Mav.

The player of the year and the scoring champion barely cracked the Top 100 players in the country on that list. It's a broken statistic and everyone knows that unless you're using it to twist your argument.

Mock Draft this year, with the player's efficiency rank behind their name -

1. Markelle Fultz - 21st

2. Lonzo Ball - 82nd

3. Josh Jackson - Not top 100

4. Jayson Tatum - Not top 100

5. De'Aaron Fox - Not top 100

3 of the upcoming top 5 NBA picks are not in the top 100 players in the COUNTRY based on that stat.

Do not use it again.

Over the last 5 games Jordy averaged 3.2 rebounds per game while Morrow averaged 3.25. Splitting hairs but Ed averaged more than Jordy did. So...

I said per minute, which goes back to the "efficiency" people like to hit on. Jordy averaged more per minute. You can argue it's a minutes issue, but you can't make a blanket statement that he was the best rebounder.

I said per minute, which goes back to the "efficiency" people like to hit on. Jordy averaged more per minute. You can argue it's a minutes issue, but you can't make a blanket statement that he was the best rebounder.

That is per minute. I averaged out both of theirs for the last 5 games. If you just look at the game averages alone Jordy is at 4.8 while Morrow is at 6.2. Either way you cut it per minute or per game, Morrow still out performs Jordy.

That is per minute. I averaged out both of theirs for the last 5 games. If you just look at the game averages alone Jordy is at 4.8 while Morrow is at 6.2. Either way you cut it per minute or per game, Morrow still out performs Jordy.

Brb, let me go pick out 5 games were Jordy out rebounded Ed and I'll make my argument around that!

/sarcasm

Brb, let me go pick out 5 games were Jordy out rebounded Ed and I'll make my argument around that!

/sarcasm

Almost like using as random of a statistic as "rebounds per minute".

• Fire 1

It's probably more of an indictment on Nebraska as a team than Miles as a player developer. You can develop under plenty of coaches. You can showcase your skills for the next level a lot better at some programs. Not everyone wants to be on a team that's maybe rebuilding or maybe heading off a cliff.

/sarcasm

Hey I'm going off of what Matty said which was the end of the season Jordy was the better post player than Morrow. Just looking at the arguments being made against Ed, nothing else. You and Matty go make up your minds on how you want to argue this and come back to us.

• Fire 2

/sarcasm

Hey I'm going off of what Matty said which was the end of the season Jordy was the better post player than Morrow. Just looking at the arguments being made against Ed, nothing else. You and Matty go make up your minds on how you want to argue this and come back to us.

My snark wasn't directed at you, good sir.

/sarcasm

My snark wasn't directed at you, good sir.

I quoted the wrong one. That was directed towards the random 5 game comment. My bad!

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Ed Morrow