Another commit! Center Duby Okeke

If this guy gets 3 or more blocks a game his team does better. This guy is built for a 6'8 guy, and he could hang with the other bigs that might have a few inches on him. A guy that comes off the bench most likely. Does he have to sit out a year or is this guy eligible immediately?

Edit nvm he is eligible immediately.

Here is his bio.

http://winthropeagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4136

If this guy gets 3 or more blocks a game his team does better. This guy is built for a 6'8 guy, and he could hang with the other bigs that might have a few inches on him. A guy that comes off the bench most likely. Does he have to sit out a year or is this guy eligible immediately?

Immediately.

He will be a good fill since Jacobson left. Only avg 14 mpg - is a great shot blocker and avid in the weight room

0PduCs7_.jpg

Yea he is more built than Jacobsen and that is really good. If this guy can get some semblance of a mid range game to compliment his post game that would be great. He seems to be a streaky scorer at times, but I think with his presence you will see us give up less threes in 2017. Since we did not have a good shot blocker when Morrow went down we always had to collapse inside when someone drove and then the other teams would get a wide open three. I bet this guy will come with energy off the bench and play great defense and hopefully our coaches can get him consistent offensively.

He will be a good fill since Jacobson left. Only avg 14 mpg - is a great shot blocker and avid in the weight room

0PduCs7_.jpg

Yea he is more built than Jacobsen and that is really good. If this guy can get some semblance of a mid range game to compliment his post game that would be great. He seems to be a streaky scorer at times, but I think with his presence you will see us give up less threes in 2017. Since we did not have a good shot blocker when Morrow went down we always had to collapse inside when someone drove and then the other teams would get a wide open three. I bet this guy will come with energy off the bench and play great defense and hopefully our coaches can get him consistent offensively.
he's listed as 6'8" 230 and Jacobson was listed as 6'9" 239 so built wise, I'd say they're about the same. Either way, I hope he does well here.

0PduCs7_.jpg

he's listed as 6'8" 230 and Jacobson was listed as 6'9" 239 so built wise, I'd say they're about the same. Either way, I hope he does well here.

Jacobson played some good ball while here, however this is a perfect example of weight not being created equally - plus his wing span will allow him to play closer to 6-10.