The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

A real analysis of Trump's foreign policy.

For all the false talk of its “collusion” with Russia, the Trump administration has repeatedly opposed the surreal German–Russian natural-gas deal. It upped sanctions on Russian oligarchs, jawboned NATO to beef up its expenditures and defenses, especially in the context of Russian bullying of Eastern Europe, and sold lethal weapons to Ukraine after the Obama administration had refused to do so. The U.S. pulled out of an asymmetrical 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty that was continually violated by Moscow, and it increased defense spending — also the exact opposite of Obama-era appeasement of Russia.

Yet one casualty of the Russian-“collusion” myth was the end of traditional Kissingerian realist triangulation, or the old American policy that neither a nuclear China nor a nuclear Russia should become a better friend to the other than each was to the U.S. One of the reasons China has so brazenly moved on its Indian border, threatened Taiwan, cracked down on Hong Kong, and carved out bases in the South China Sea is that the U.S. has not worked with Russia in areas of mutual advantage to curb Chinese aggression.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/08/10/trumps-reactive-engagement/#slide-1

I'm not going to get into the specifics of the article.  But how does any of that change the idea that Putin wanted Trump to win because it would sew chaos in the US?

I'm not going to claim there was "collusion" because I trust our FBI and Mueller, and they said there wasn't anything there.  At least I'm gathering that since no one was arrested for "collusion".  But there is solid evidence that Russia favored Trump over Clinton.  And Trump didn't care what those reasons were, he just wanted to win.  There is literally video of Trump asking about Russian looking into Clinton's emails.  

Putin did what he wanted under Obama.  He's doing what he wants under Trump.  At least now, Putin can look at the US and giggle...

55 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm not going to claim there was "collusion" because I trust our FBI and Mueller, and they said there wasn't anything there.  At least I'm gathering that since no one was arrested for "collusion".  

Thats not exactly what they said. It was more along the lines of they weren't going to go there because Mueller didn't think he could indict Trump. 

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I'm not going to get into the specifics of the article.  But how does any of that change the idea that Putin wanted Trump to win because it would sew chaos in the US?

I'm not going to claim there was "collusion" because I trust our FBI and Mueller, and they said there wasn't anything there.  At least I'm gathering that since no one was arrested for "collusion".  But there is solid evidence that Russia favored Trump over Clinton.  And Trump didn't care what those reasons were, he just wanted to win.  There is literally video of Trump asking about Russian looking into Clinton's emails.  

Putin did what he wanted under Obama.  He's doing what he wants under Trump.  At least now, Putin can look at the US and giggle...

I didn't know we were debating that.  But it's the same reason we [might] want Clemson to lose to Pitt. You weaken the rival by backing the underdog, not the favorite. 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Hmmm, a little leak that that Harris is the VP pick?  

I just tossed some quick cash on that wager.

and you probably didn't get great odds, at whatever bookie takes such a bet.  But if the Rs were meddling in the veepstakes they wouldn't back Kamala Harris but try to promote a dark horse like Mayor Lightfoot. 

4 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I didn't know we were debating that.  But it's the same reason we [might] want Clemson to lose to Pitt. You weaken the rival by backing the underdog, not the favorite. 

and you probably didn't get great odds, at whatever bookie takes such a bet.  But if the Rs were meddling in the veepstakes they wouldn't back Kamala Harris but try to promote a dark horse like Mayor Lightfoot. 

Harris is +122

Lightfoot would be interesting but she was not even on the wager list.

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

A real analysis of Trump's foreign policy.

For all the false talk of its “collusion” with Russia, the Trump administration has repeatedly opposed the surreal German–Russian natural-gas deal. It upped sanctions on Russian oligarchs, jawboned NATO to beef up its expenditures and defenses, especially in the context of Russian bullying of Eastern Europe, and sold lethal weapons to Ukraine after the Obama administration had refused to do so. The U.S. pulled out of an asymmetrical 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty that was continually violated by Moscow, and it increased defense spending — also the exact opposite of Obama-era appeasement of Russia.

Yet one casualty of the Russian-“collusion” myth was the end of traditional Kissingerian realist triangulation, or the old American policy that neither a nuclear China nor a nuclear Russia should become a better friend to the other than each was to the U.S. One of the reasons China has so brazenly moved on its Indian border, threatened Taiwan, cracked down on Hong Kong, and carved out bases in the South China Sea is that the U.S. has not worked with Russia in areas of mutual advantage to curb Chinese aggression.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/08/10/trumps-reactive-engagement/#slide-1

LOL this is your guy.

Trump defends doctor who claimed medicine is made from alien DNA and walks out of briefing mid question

Donald Trump doubled down on his decision to retweet a video of Houston doctor Stella Immanuel in which Ms Immanuel touts the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine in treating patients of Covid-19 and dismisses masks as unnecessary in stopping its spread.

In the past, Ms Immanuel has made several dubious medical claims, including the harmful effects of having sexual relations with demons and witches while dreaming, the alleged use of alien DNA in various medicines, and the production of a vaccine to inoculate people against being religious.

"I can tell you this: She was on air, along with many other doctors —they were big fans of hydroxychloroquine, and I thought she was very impressive," Mr Trump told reporters of Ms Immanuel at a briefing on the coronavirus pandemic on Tuesday.

"I don't know which country she comes from. But she said that she's had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients. And I thought her voice was an important voice. But I know nothing about her," the president said of the Houston-based doctor.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Waldo said:

Checks Politics section once a week... sees Knapp still crying over Trump. 

The question is, why aren't you outraged over Trump? Because if you're not, that means you're OK with him and what he's doing, and frankly, I'd FAR rather be on this side than your side. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

NOPE.

And this is the dope you support. Gross.

You either have to decide if you value this orange buffoon or our troops.  

What an idiot    - " I read a lot,  I comprehend more than probably any one you have interviewed"

"We sold weapons to the Tailban in the 1980 before the Russians did."   He is justifying or excusing Russia for selling weapons to the Taliban now - weapons that kill our troops.

My how far have we fallen from "Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall" to this curent clown defending the Russian.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 2