The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

yeah this is all wrong.  Trump condemned the violence from the moment the Floyd protests turned violent and has always condemned the violence.   Ds held mum or gave thinly veiled hints that the protests were politically convenient.  The riots weren't mentioned in the DNC Zoom Convention but stoked with the usual "THEM" rhetoric. 

If/when right wing groups join the fight and get violent they will be condemned, but I will be the first to remind you that this was totally predictable.  When left wing mobs try to impose their will by force and the civil government goes into the fetal position, what do you think right wing groups are going to do?

Did Trump condemn violence like he did in Charlottesville? "Very fine people on both sides?"

Do me a favor: Watch this. Does this look like a man condemning ALL the violence?

Nope. Trump explicitly blames the left. And can't bring himself to say the young right-wing shooter in Kenosha was wrong for killing two and maiming another.

It's the same thing he did in Charlottesville and the same thing he's always done: The left is to blame and whatever my side does is fine because they're in my tent (and I need their votes!).

Is this OK in your book?

But no, by Trump's logic, I can show up and mace or paintball people in public because they're "defensive."

To cap it all off, you used the same logic Tucker Carlson did to defend the Kenosha shooter. That whatever the right-wingers do is acceptable (in Carlson's case, including MURDER) because the left is just as bad and they're brave defenders of America.

Also, I don't need lectured on "us vs. them" from a proud supporter of a guy who launched his campaign calling Mexicans criminals and rapists and has gleefully continued denigrating immigrants and anyone in America who doesn't support him ever since.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

So, is it safe to say the people here parroting this "Biden's mental health" nonsense are susceptible to Russian propaganda?

Kinda seems that way.

Also, look! Another crime by the Trump administration. Whee!

Gee, it's funny how that's a central theme of the Trump campaign!

It's almost like... just like 4 years ago... Trump needs the help! So of course he'll stand by while this happens and DHS buried this.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Soup!?!?!? 

How high is he, honestly?

Idk but I want to know where he finds these massless bricks that are too heavy to exert a force. I think he may have found a way to get around the theory of relativity.

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Is there any wonder why Trump wants to disrupt mail in ballots?  Not after reading this.  I've added the emphasis on 'apparent' in the title.    At the end of the day on Nov 3rd it may look like Trump had won the election.  HOWEVER, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.  By the time mail in ballots are counted, there could be a landslide for Biden.  

I can only image the havoc and chaos and legal challenges Trump will take to block the tally of the final vote.  He will stir up his alt right friends and there could be massive demonstrations in the streets.  He has been setting this up for weeks now - statements about a rigged, fixed, unfair election, statements about the false issue of voter fraud via mail in ballots, de-funding certain postal operations and removing postal boxes and sorters, etc. 

That's why mail in voting en masse is a recount catastrophe waiting to happen.  There will be no winner on election night. Ballots will keep pouring in with absolutely no idea where they came from.  It will wind up in the Courts meaning one party will always think SCOTUS or the state sup ct stole the election.  Even with traditional election days someone 'discovers' a box of decisive ballots.  This farce is just a force multiplier.

They just finished counting primary races that took place weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Did Trump condemn violence like he did in Charlottesville? "Very fine people on both sides?"

Do me a favor: Watch this. Does this look like a man condemning ALL the violence?

Did 40 alt right protestors violently assault 1000 antifas?  

Pretty much every liberal misstates their watershed moment. Trump was referring to peaceful protestors in support of the Robert E Lee statue, largely fine people.  The extremists all came out of the woodwork.  The local police screwed up by allowing contact.

But you never see video evidence because everyone knows who initiated the violence. hint: not 40 suburbanites wearing khakis. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's why mail in voting en masse is a recount catastrophe waiting to happen.  There will be no winner on election night. Ballots will keep pouring in with absolutely no idea where they came from.  It will wind up in the Courts meaning one party will always think SCOTUS or the state sup ct stole the election.  Even with traditional election days someone 'discovers' a box of decisive ballots.  This farce is just a force multiplier.

presidential elections are never certified the night of the election.  it always takes a few weeks for them to be certified.   everyone thinks the media calling the election on election night means something when all it really is is the networks thinking enough ballots have been counted to "call" a winner.   they are typically correct but the results have never been official on election night.  the only difference this year is trump wants to call the election before the mail in votes and the military votes (almost all vote by mail) are counted.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1