The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, QMany said:

Crazy 24 hours.

Warren staying in the race may keep the nomination from Bernie. 

Or if she drops...her endorsement could sway things.

Honestly though...I think Sanders just got f#&%ed...even the D's seem to think his"but wait...there's more" free stuff is crazy. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And Pete is endorsing Biden, right?

That is what I read somewhere. Two people dropping out and endorsing you the same day is pretty big. At the same time, a lot of these states have already done a ton of early voting so in terms of changing votes we'll see how much this accomplishes tomorrow.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Honestly though...I think Sanders just got f#&%ed...even the D's seem to think his"but wait...there's more" free stuff is crazy. 

I tend to think it is more of an electability decision. They think Biden has better chances at beating Trump, which is the #1 goal. There is a reason Trump has been bribing foreign officials, ginning up allegations on Biden, and tweeting about unfairness to Bernie. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

I tend to think it is more of an electability decision. They think Biden has better chances at beating Trump, which is the #1 goal. There is a reason Trump has been bribing foreign officials, ginning up allegations on Biden, and tweeting about unfairness to Bernie. 

Yeah, I think that is true BUT if Bernie is so popular and everyone loves free stuff...why would they not think he can get elected?

Trump trying to fling as much muck as possible at Biden while propping up Bernie and telling his supporters they're getting screwed. Cute.

If Biden pulls off the comeback he's going to have to forcefully make the case Trump and the GOP are full of crap. Because a lot of people are susceptible enough to propaganda that if you repeat it long enough they will start to question what they once knew was BS is actually true.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

The question is whether or not Dems are about to get suckerpunched back into reality when they realize that popularity does not translate into votes from the broader American voting public.

Wait, does that mean the centrist/establishment Dems should already be suckerpunched back into reality after Hillary lost?

14 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump trying to fling as much muck as possible at Biden while propping up Bernie and telling his supporters they're getting screwed. Cute.

If Biden pulls off the comeback he's going to have to forcefully make the case Trump and the GOP are full of crap. Because a lot of people are susceptible enough to propaganda that if you repeat it long enough they will start to question what they once knew was BS is actually true.

I agree that Biden has to be forceful because trump will throw the crap at Biden.  What concerns me is that Biden hasn't been real forceful in the Dem debates - sometimes he disappears and is forgetful.   If he is nominated, I hope the Dems can prop him up long enough to beat Trump and that Joe has an excellent VP choice (Amy).    He may even consider Warren just to appeal to the progressive side of the party.  Interesting how she remains in and the moderates got out.  Maybe she's already been given a wink wink. 

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It was a wakeup call, yes. Mostly about Clinton's horrendous unpopularity.

Then center-left candidates won back Congress and the sting wore off.

If Biden wins the nomination and then loses to Trump, does that show the same thing as if it had been Bernie?

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I agree that Biden has to be forceful because trump will throw the crap at Biden.  What concerns me is that Biden hasn't been real forceful in the Dem debates - sometimes he disappears and is forgetful.   If he is nominated, I hope the Dems can prop him up long enough to beat Trump and that Joe has an excellent VP choice (Amy).    He may even consider Warren just to appeal to the progressive side of the party.  Interesting how she remains in and the moderates got out.  Maybe she's already been given a wink wink. 

Biden hasn't done great in debates by any stretch, but part of that is a stutter he's battled since he was a little boy.

Go watch a town hall with Biden and you'll get a much better representation of who he is as a person and how he can connect with people.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If Biden wins the nomination and then loses to Trump, does that show the same thing as if it had been Bernie?

Either candidate should be judged on the merits of their own campaign. Both of them have their own unique strengths and disadvantages.  But it's hard to draw a direct parallel between the two.