• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigRedBuster

• knapplc

• Danny Bateman

• RedDenver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

Posted Images

:backtotopic      Bernie would be more acceptable if he would not rattle off stuff about Castro, etc.   I do think deep down, when one listens to Bernie's heart on the issues- most would agree that the issues are important... very important. That there are huge injustices and imbalances in the system (I'm starting to sound like a Dem now - maybe a conservative wt a heart) that need to be addressed. You have to be blind and tone deaf not to see/hear it.  However, his plan has to be viable - he's got to pay for it.  On 60 minutes he added universal child care to the tab.  How do we pay for it along wt his version of Medicare for all, free tuition, tuition forgiveness, infrastructure improvement, child care, etc. :dunno:dunno:dunno.    If we drop the military budget to zero and confiscated the combined wealth of all of the top 1% we don't have it all paid for. 

This review below is from  the Committee for Responsible Federal Govt & evaluates  the 2016 campaign proposals and doesn't include some of the new proposals:

http://www.crfb.org/papers/adding-senator-sanderss-campaign-proposals-so-far

Based on our latest estimates, Senator Sanders’s proposals would raise both spending and revenue to far beyond any previous levels in the United States over the last half century. Spending (including net interest) would average 37 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) over the decade. By comparison, the United States has spent an average of about 20 percent of GDP over the last half century and never more than 24.4 percent.

Senator Sanders would also increase revenue substantially, to about 25 percent of GDP over the decade, which is significantly higher than the historical average of 17.4 percent and well above the previous record of 20 percent of GDP set in the year 2000.

In dollar terms, we find that Senator Sanders’s major initiatives would cost over $31 trillion, while his tax increases – based largely on estimates from TPC – would raise less than $16 trillion.2 Incorporating interest, the result would be almost $19 trillion of additional debt, causing debt to rise from 74 percent of GDP in 2015 (and 86 percent by 2026 under current law) to 154 percent of GDP by 2026.3 By comparison, the Sanders campaign’s own estimates suggest his major policies would actually reduce debt by $2.8 trillion relative to current law, resulting in a debt-to-GDP ratio of 75 percent of GDP by 2026.

• Haha 1

Well take this for what it’s worth but I was a very solid conservative and republican up until a few years ago and I am now solidly in the Sanders camp. I read almost his entire list of policy positions on www.feelthebern.org and thought he was spot on with most issues. Sure there’s a few things I don’t care for but I’m hoping some of those don’t actually get any action (like employee ownership of companies). But I think he has the only solution to fix healthcare and to begin addressing the runaway wealth inequality problem. Throw in a healthy dose of wanting to punish the republicans for what they have become as a party and their complete lack of understanding the healthcare problem and you’ve got yourself a new left leaning independent.

Maybe I am rare but I would like to think there are many more like me who are tired of this sh#t and are open to trying something different since whatever we have been doing obviously isn’t working.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

like employee ownership of companies

This makes no sense to me. I create a company, build it up, hire employees... and they get to take over my work?

This is one of those whacko ideas that will never happen in America. I'm OK voting for Bernie knowing this will never happen, but it's weird that anyone thinks this is OK.

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well take this for what it’s worth but I was a very solid conservative and republican up until a few years ago and I am now solidly in the Sanders camp. I read almost his entire list of policy positions on www.feelthebern.org and thought he was spot on with most issues. Sure there’s a few things I don’t care for but I’m hoping some of those don’t actually get any action (like employee ownership of companies). But I think he has the only solution to fix healthcare and to begin addressing the runaway wealth inequality problem. Throw in a healthy dose of wanting to punish the republicans for what they have become as a party and their complete lack of understanding the healthcare problem and you’ve got yourself a new left leaning independent.

Maybe I am rare but I would like to think there are many more like me who are tired of this sh#t and are open to trying something different since whatever we have been doing obviously isn’t working.

The fact that he even pushes or endorses the idea of workers taking over the company is weird.  

The first company I worked for out of college was big on "profit sharing".  We bought in so much that we even went without overtime pay because it would cut into our profit sharing checks (looking back, man I was stupid!!!).

Is this what Bernie talking about?  Somehow splitting up profits???