The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

19 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Assuming you still have to pay into it from 25-50, it's an interesting idea.

Maybe give annual "free" check ups from 26-49 and if you are in good health, practicing good habits, etc. you get a discounted charge every month.  Just like a lot of group plans do now.

Yeah, 26-49 you pay for it.

Free check ups during that time is interesting.  I like that idea.

I feel like this makes a lot of sense.  

Did I...Did I just fix healthcare in the USA???

Just now, teachercd said:

I'd imagine private health insurance would be a lot cheaper . So :dunno

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

By interjecting the gov into age 26-50 Drs appointments.  Only if you define "fix" as putting the gov everywhere it doesn't need to be.

6 minutes ago, commando said:

lol....how right this is.

"Tastes Like Chicken" should be Biden's campaign slogan.

11 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

By interjecting the gov into age 26-50 Drs appointments.  Only if you define "fix" as putting the gov everywhere it doesn't need to be.

The "check ups' would be to qualify for lower Medicare tax bill.  If you don't want to go to the doctor, that's fine; but you' would miss out on the tax credit. 

I don't have to get a check up now, but if I do and my blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, etc are good my wife and I save like $100 a month on health insurance.  My school district pays me $25 cash just to fill out a questionnaire about my health practices.  This information is pretty important for effective insurance...

(ha!  i'm talking like this actually exists :lol:)

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

so from your take on the comparison.....trump is NOT the chicken?   i am shocked to hear you admit that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I know some of you think The Hill's show "Rising" is progressive and whatnot...but they have a guy on there named Saagar who is the co-host who is a Conservative and often is counter punch focusing on less progressive things than that of Krystal Ball.

Since he doesn't look at these things like a standard Democrat would...it's a good look into how others not in the DNC would view things.  Here's his video on Joe Biden:

Let's see...

"Hollywood liberals"

"Wall Street"

"Neoliberalism's most destructive tendencies"

"Hunter Biden"

"For the rest of us living in reality"

"Offshoring jobs"

"Unchecked immigration"

"Endless wars"

"2016 is 2020"

"Identity politics"

Cherrypicks one poll to prove a point.

Implies Biden is incompetent.

"You know what you've got under Trump. If you're surviving under Trump, you know you can survive another four years."

Plays footage of Trump questioning why Obama wouldn't support Biden sooner in a primary he was never going to pick sides in. The hosts agree with Trump in a way you'd expect from Fox & Friends.

"Trump is a uniquely good political talent. Biden is not."

To me it just feels like this is designed to reinforce lazy arguments and pre-exisiting biases conservatives or progressives already have. But I appreciate a glimpse into what their media sources are currently saying.

• Plus1 1