The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

It's really quite simple. When it comes to the presidential election, you can choose one of three options:

1. Vote for Biden

2. Vote for Trump

3. Don't vote at all.

Think of your political objectives and what you would like to see in this country. Likely, none of these choices gets you all the way there. But only one choice might get you a tad closer to your goals, while the other two choices will get you further away. Choice #3 does not get you closer to any goal.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

It's really quite simple. When it comes to the presidential election, you can choose one of three options:

1. Vote for Biden

2. Vote for Trump

3. Don't vote at all.

Think of your political objectives and what you would like to see in this country. Likely, none of these choices gets you all the way there. But only one choice might get you a tad closer to your goals, while the other two choices will get you further away. Choice #3 does not get you closer to any goal.

Or vote for Trump and hope s#!t gets so awful that people wake the f*** up <- except I don't think that's even possible with Fox News existing. They can convince a big portion of the population of literally anything.

21 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I know I've been arguing against this point frequently in here lately (hey, I enjoy the sport of sparring ideas more than I actually HOLD them), but the progressive left is going to get Trump re-elected. It's becoming painstakingly obvious. 

The people I know who are the most concerned with PoC, LGBTQ+, the disadvantaged and marginalized, are also the ones saying s#!t like, "I will never vote for a rapist."

I'm not sure how one can make a show to care for gay and black people, then be so oblivious to their own privilege that they would rather sanctimoniously feel real good about themselves instead of vote to reduce the amount of harm that will befall the most vulnerable of us. 

So what if Biden is actually a rapist? Still have to vote for him. As knapp said, at least this time, because this election is different. Plug your nose, acknowledge who it is you're voting for and how you don't approve, and do it anyway because people less fortunate than you need it.

This is 100% CRAZY but it is also 100% true.

I know some of our HB'ers don't understand it but that is because most of the loudest posters don't really know progressives, don't live in what most would consider a progressive area and/or don't know young people.  

But this is so true.

5 minutes ago, Ulty said:

1. Vote for Biden

2. Vote for Trump

3. Don't vote at all.

I'm still not sure what the Bernie or Busters end game is. Conform to our beliefs or we will leave - got it. So the DNC should conform to the minority portion of the party, to ensure their votes - and alienate the majority of their party? And if the majority of the party does the same thing? Should we split the Democratic Party into 2 parties and the both of those parties can get s#!t stomped by the right until the end of time?

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's actually science...it's not about making the world what they want but SAVING the world from itself.  I'd say that's pretty mature.

these are groups choosing on ENDORSING Joe Biden.  They do not represent all of youth but active political groups.

When you're talking about science, the only thing about Bernie's platform that involves it is climate change.  So....you're telling me that since Bernie isn't elected President, the world is going to end and there's no hope because nobody else cares at all about the world.  

I'll tell my kids to drop out of college now (heck, they aren't attending class anyway) because they'll only live maybe another 10 years anyway because the world is going to end because Bernie isn't elected President.

He was our only savior.  

4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It's a little too easy to dismiss a perspective if you turn it into an overexaggerated caricature like that. 

How is my post an over exaggeration?

50 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's actually science...it's not about making the world what they want but SAVING the world from itself.  I'd say that's pretty mature.

This post implies that if Bernie isn't elected, the world isn't going to be saved.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

No, I'm telling you it isn't whiny kids throwing a tantrum.  They're worried about the world and that's a mature outlook.  Unlike the way you have been trying to frame them.

We're all worried about the world. The mature thing to do is to choose the lesser evil. That isn't a third-party and it sure isn't Trump. It isn't not voting.

The sensible choice for Bernie supporters is to vote for Biden. It's simple basic logical stuff that shouldn't even be argued about in here.

• Plus1 2

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

It actually implies that if we don't give a s#!t about the climate change, the world isn't going to be saved.  Bernie isn't going to win and I'm voting for Biden so stop trying to classify and dismiss me.

I don't think I have ever specifically said you are in this group.  I've talked about the people who are so upset that Bernie isn't going to be President that they won't vote for Biden.  So....I guess if you're in this group, then you can be included.  But, make it clear, I have never pointed you out specifically.

And...to the bolded, that basically shows what I'm talking about.  If Bernie isn't elected, the world is going to be destroyed and there isn't any reason to live on.

The world (as we know it currently) not being saved doesn't mean the world is going to end or that everyone will be dead in ten years. But it does mean that we're heading down a path of increased destruction, hostile living conditions, and irrevresible damage to the planet which directly correlates with ease of living especially for the poor.

Bernie rightfully has this as the most urgent pressing issue that demands a dramatic and aggressive response. And he's the only one taking it seriously enough.

That doesn't mean he's a savior. But it does mean he's the only presidential candidate that there's any evidence would/could actually attack it with an appropriate level of commitment. And the reality of that situation, and him not going to be the President, is sobering.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Your opinion isn't law nor the golden standard that all opinions should be rated from.  You do not decide for all people what should and shouldn't be done and how they should or should not vote.

The sensible thing, the democratic thing...is for each to vote as their own conscience demands them to vote and for you to stop with the incessant bullying opinions.

People disagreeing with you isn't bullying you.

Good Lord...if I were a teenager in the late 60s, I would have thought the world was a horrible place.  I don't think there was any President that was elected that met perfectly with the teenagers dreams at the time.  There wasn't anyone who showed up at Woodstock and got the crowd all wound up and then was elected President and did everything they wanted.  But, you know what?  We are still here and there were a lot of good things that moved forward from the 60s.  The teenagers from that era didn't say..boo hooo...if my guy didn't win, I'm going home and quitting.

Good Lord...the President they did elect was assassinated.  Did they quit?

4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

no. stop with this.

why???  That's basically what is being said.

• Thanks 1