The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, teachercd said:

So..you think WWII is the same as Afghanistan?  You think Vietnam is the same as Afghanistan?   

Okay, fair enough!  You win!

That's... a bizarre response. I said that the war in Afghanistan is longer than any other war the US has been in. It's just a statement of fact.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

That's... a bizarre response. I said that the war in Afghanistan is longer than any other war the US has been in. It's just a statement of fact.

Oh okay!

I have always thought the war vs the Native Americans was longest war the "US" has been in...but, I guess not everyone thinks that counts.  I would love for you to come to a history conference!

8 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Considering each tribe was its own entity and council and not all tribes were united...I'd say you're wrong.  But hey, I know you were just trying to save some kind of face.

I have had and heard 4 different Native American lecturers that disagree.  But hey, I guess it doesn't matter.  The winners write history. 

• Thanks 1

It appears the Times was just taking the time to fully research the story rather than trying to bury it as part of some type of MSM coverup.

Soon after Ms. Reade made the new allegation, in a podcast interview released on March 25, The Times began reporting on her account and seeking corroboration through interviews, documents and other sources. The Times interviewed Ms. Reade on multiple days over hours, as well as those she told about Mr. Biden’s behavior and other friends. The Times has also interviewed lawyers who spoke to Ms. Reade about her allegation; nearly two dozen people who worked with Mr. Biden during the early 1990s, including many who worked with Ms. Reade; and the other seven women who criticized Mr. Biden last year, to discuss their experiences with him.

No other allegation about sexual assault surfaced in the course of reporting, nor did any former Biden staff members corroborate any details of Ms. Reade’s allegation. The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden.

• Plus1 2