The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would almost buy him one if he would put it in his yard so his wife has to see it every time she gets home or leaves for work.

HA!  My neighbor got his GOP yard signs up last week but no Trump sign.

He's 80 some years old and friendly.  He knows what signs I had up in 2018 so we know we don't agree on candidates.

But he, in a friendly teasing tone, asked me about what I thought of the signs.  I just shrugged and said "as long as you don't put up a Trump sign we won't kick you out of the neighborhood."  He just smiled and said, "what if I let dogs pee on it?"

I laughed pretty hard!

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Joe Biden is losing the under 45 yr old segment...and they're dropping like flies:

Here's a massive list in the picture of all the groups if you don't want to read that entire thread:

Granted, I know you all will just dismiss this because 'young people don't vote'.  But honestly, we shouldn't dismiss the youth...we should be engaging them and getting them more involved.  Instead, we're alienating them.  This world will be a better place if they have a future they can look forward to and one in which they have a hand in crafting.

This all just comes off as sour grapes. "My guy lost so I'm taking my ball and going home."  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Granted, I know you all will just dismiss this because 'young people don't vote'.  But honestly, we shouldn't dismiss the youth...we should be engaging them and getting them more involved.  Instead, we're alienating them.  This world will be a better place if they have a future they can look forward to and one in which they have a hand in crafting.

You're right.  We should be engaging them.  But, they don't have a monopoly on what is right and wrong and what should be done.  This is what you get when parties/candidates put things forth as though..."if we don't act NOW...we are all going to die and the world is going to end."

This is coming off from this group like they are convinced that if the world doesn't change immediately to what THEY want, then there isn't anything worth living for then.  All hope is lost.  If we don't have Bernie, then my life will be nothing more than eating ramen noodles and petting my cat.

This is exactly what I was talking about last week about maturity.  These people need to realize that very seldom does anyone get a candidate that is exactly what they want.  But, you get what you can and you work with those people to change the world to be how you want it.  It's a slow process and it SHOULD be a slow process.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Honestly, it comes off as them sticking to their vision of politics and Joe Biden not wanting to cater even table scraps to them.  I guess you look down on people having integrity.

Biden could have gotten them all on board just by opening the discussion on climate and healthcare.  He's done neither.

If you think this is sour grapes, you're not reading what they're saying.  Endorsement doesn't mean not voting...it just means they can't support him publicly and what he stands for/his policies.

Eh. No. I posted a vid in the P&R Woodshed tangent thread because of a potty-mouth word that speaks to this.

19 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Of course the youth should be engaged and more involved! They can have a hand in crafting the future by voting Trump and the GOP out of office.

To use Johnny's own words in one of the tweets you copied: "What future do the millions of students across the US have to look forward to" with a president who eschews science and expertise, who fills the judicial and executive branches with backwards-thinking unqualified oligarchs, and a system that perpetually gives advantage to these lunatics with gerrymandered districts? 

If you believe in Bernie Sanders' ideology AT ALL, even with the acknowledgment that Biden sucks, you must recognize the danger of Trump and the current GOP and you must cast votes that kick their a$$ out of office.

To do anything otherwise does not support your ideals and is shortsighted. All the groups in those tweets can't seem to see the forest for the trees. 

I know I've been arguing against this point frequently in here lately (hey, I enjoy the sport of sparring ideas more than I actually HOLD them), but the progressive left is going to get Trump re-elected. It's becoming painstakingly obvious. 

The people I know who are the most concerned with PoC, LGBTQ+, the disadvantaged and marginalized, are also the ones saying s#!t like, "I will never vote for a rapist."

I'm not sure how one can make a show to care for gay and black people, then be so oblivious to their own privilege that they would rather sanctimoniously feel real good about themselves instead of vote to reduce the amount of harm that will befall the most vulnerable of us. 

So what if Biden is actually a rapist? Still have to vote for him. As knapp said, at least this time, because this election is different. Plug your nose, acknowledge who it is you're voting for and how you don't approve, and do it anyway because people less fortunate than you need it.

• Plus1 1

"University is meant to prepare students for the future. What future do the millions of students across the US have to look forward to if there is no clean air or water, and no path for them to escape crushing student & medical debt?"

So what should we do guys, vote for the guy with the much better environmental policies and free college plan? 

NAH LETS NOT VOTE. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

So what if Biden is actually a rapist? Still have to vote for him.

Or...I guess they can be so sanctimonious that they would rather have a rapist in office that is complete opposite of everything they stand for.  But...hey....at least they didn't vote for the rapist that at least somewhat is on their side.

10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I know I've been arguing against this point frequently in here lately (hey, I enjoy the sport of sparring ideas more than I actually HOLD them), but the progressive left is going to get Trump re-elected. It's becoming painstakingly obvious. 

The people I know who are the most concerned with PoC, LGBTQ+, the disadvantaged and marginalized, are also the ones saying s#!t like, "I will never vote for a rapist."

I'm not sure how one can make a show to care for gay and black people, then be so oblivious to their own privilege that they would rather sanctimoniously feel real good about themselves instead of vote to reduce the amount of harm that will befall the most vulnerable of us. 

So what if Biden is actually a rapist? Still have to vote for him. As knapp said, at least this time, because this election is different. Plug your nose, acknowledge who it is you're voting for and how you don't approve, and do it anyway because people less fortunate than you need it.

wQlbpNC.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1