The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The normally GOP leading Rasmussen poll, giving Joe the edge.

http://politicaliq.com/2020/11/02/numbers-look-good-for-joe-biden-analysis-by-scott-rasmussen/

Thanks for the analysis TGH.  Interesting stuff.

One thing I'd point out is that Scott Rasmussen founded Rasmussen Reports, the doggedly pro-GOP polling outfit, but left it a handful of years ago and now no longer has no input in what goes on there. I noticed he has been releasing some of his own polling this cycle with a new polling firm and the numbers are much more down the middle there.

5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Thanks for the analysis TGH.  Interesting stuff.

One thing I'd point out is that Scott Rasmussen founded Rasmussen Reports, the doggedly pro-GOP polling outfit, but left it a handful of years ago and now no longer has no input in what goes on there. I noticed he has been releasing some of his own polling this cycle with a new polling firm and the numbers are much more down the middle there.

I didn't know that. Thanks

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I didn't know that. Thanks

No problem. Just one of those things you'd only know if you're a nerd who looks at too much polling. :B)

Here's some news out of Nevada. It's a big early voting state and this guy has forgotten more about voting and elections there than 99.99% of folks will ever know. He does a very interesting early voting blog here with much more data for those so inclined.

TL:DR; Dems have built a massive early vote advantage in Clark County (Vegas) of about 90K votes. They had a lead here of 73K in 2016 by Election Day. That's a big enough lead that he's already predicting Biden will win Nevada by about four points. Trump can still win, of course, but he'd have to run up margins in the rural part of the state that are just unprecedented and very unlikely. He says elsewhere he'd have to win the Election Day vote by almost 15 points to be competitive.

(Nevada is another state where Trump is suing, thusfar unsuccessfully, to stop counting mail-in votes.)

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where do you do that?

Edit:  Cool.  I found it.  That's very nice.

Yup. This is the only time I've ever been paranoid about it. And it sucks being paranoid about it.

25 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Is this the election day thread or will we have a gameday thread? Need to know where I'll be to drink to celebrate or drink to forget. 

I'll make one

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, knapplc said:

Then why are the neo-Nazis and white supremacists voting for your cheeto god? 

Why do the liberals try to be like them, or their Russian counterparts?  Pick-up trucks with American flags don't censor the internet.

9 hours ago, commando said:

i wonder where trumps road warriors will be today?

I almost voted 'early' today, but there's a really cool local election issue I want to look into.  The leading candidate for mayor, well her brother has legal trouble.  It resurfaced last week when his strip club got shut down by the dept of health.  I bet a lot of early voters want a do over. 

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy of your own home.

You are remarkably confident that the Ds won't do what they say they will do.  That's actually worse than blindly believing everything a politician says.   I have full confidence that the Ds

will pack the SCOTUS if they can

add 2 or more states to the flag if they can (get the senate)

burden gun rights to the point they no longer exist

allow Silicon Valley to censor the people to the point it's easier just to love big brother

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Is this the election day thread or will we have a gameday thread? Need to know where I'll be to drink to celebrate or drink to forget. 

you can win but you 99% can't lose tomorrow because it's inconceivable that Trump would be ahead by so much that the mail-in count/recount/lawsuits will not leave a path to a Biden win in PA/FL/MI etc.  But it is possible to be ahead such that everyone knows the questionable ballots won't help Trump or bridge the gap.

It reminds me of another pretend big game of the year, where one team can be knocked out of the playoff picture, however their opponent is 99% likely to get a rematch with their starting QB back.

4 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You are remarkably confident that the Ds won't do what they say they will do.  That's actually worse than blindly believing everything a politician says.   I have full confidence that the Ds

will pack the SCOTUS if they can

add 2 or more states to the flag if they can (get the senate)

burden gun rights to the point they no longer exist

allow Silicon Valley to censor the people to the point it's easier just to love big brother

Since the R's already cheated to pack the Supreme Court, I certainly hope the Dems do.

If they are American citizens they should have representation. It's literally what this country was founded for.

Totally cool with "burdening gun rights" so that the average person doesn't have access to most of the guns they currently have access to.

We agree on Silicon Valley, but here's a news flash for ya - the top trending shares on Facebook have been right-wing kooks & nutters for years. FB is heavily slanted in favor of the right. So is twitter, who hasn't shut down trump even though he's violated their rules dozens of times.

You present these things like they're bad. Seems like a much more free, safe, representative country if three of those four happen.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Does anyone actually watch Michael Moore's stuff or do they just say they do?

I feel like Morgan Spurlock makes things that people watch...but I have never met a person that has watched a MM joint.

I watched 1 or 2 of his movies but it's been like 15 years.