Jump to content
TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - PRE Primaries

Recommended Posts


Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Literal dictionary definition of socialism:

 

(in Marxist theory) a transitional social state between the overthrow of capitalism and the realization of Communism.

 

And then look at the actual evidence of socialist experiments in countries around the world - the most recent example being Venezuela obviously, even though I hate to beat a dead horse

 

Yep, and that's why Nazi's weren't socialist and that's why the US will never be socialist...capitalism will prevent it.  So, you shouldn't be afraid of the word socialism and think it's the same negative connotation as being a Nazi or a communist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Unfortunately, the chances of that happening appear to be very slim, so I'm not inherently opposed to the idea of universal health care, but I do think that advocated of it are being disingenuous and not acknowledging the unintended consequences that a medicare for all system would come with. 

And, what would those unintended consequences be?

 

10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I definitely don't buy the pitch that prices would magically go down as a result - there are many many other factors that cause our healthcare and medication prices to be super high, a few of which I've touched on previously.

 

You're right.  They wouldn't magically go down.  It's not magic.  It's simple economics and cost accounting and has been proven so in every other developed country in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

 

 

Instead of me listing off all the reasons socialism and communism are evil and inevitably end in tyranny and mass genocide of people by their own government, can you tell me any country or civilization in the history of mankind that has successfully implemented socialism and/or communism? And please don't say the native Americans because I went down that road on a different site last week...

 

49 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

 

Do you consider Canada, France, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, UK, etc socialist?

If we are talking about democratic candidates, none are more 'socialist' than these countries Frott Scost listed, and none of those countries governments are committing genocide.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ActualCornHusker I just want to thank you for sticking by your views, even if I disagree, and not taking your ball and going home.  This type of dialogue is needed and I for one appreciate it.  I hope you don't feel like Im attacking you.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Pete Buttigieg says he’s open to sending U.S. troops to Mexico

 

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article237463004.html

 

People on twitter saying that his plan is to bring back the draft to do this.  What a moron.

From the article

 

Quote

His campaign later clarified that Buttigieg would only be open to military use as a “last resort” in response to Mexican cartel violence or an outside threat that endangers the country’s security.


 
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayor Pete up 10 pts over other in NH poll.  Plus I believe he is leading in Iowa. 

This could be interesting.

 

https://www.wmur.com/article/saint-anselm-poll-buttigieg-surges-to-10-percentage-point-lead-over-biden-warren-in-nh/29849189

 

 

Is America ready for a openly gay president asks this article.  Are we??

https://news.yahoo.com/america-ready-gay-president-buttigieg-surge-poses-181139032.html

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Mayor Pete up 10 pts over other in NH poll.  Plus I believe he is leading in Iowa. 

This could be interesting.

 

https://www.wmur.com/article/saint-anselm-poll-buttigieg-surges-to-10-percentage-point-lead-over-biden-warren-in-nh/29849189

 

 

Is America ready for a openly gay president asks this article.  Are we??

https://news.yahoo.com/america-ready-gay-president-buttigieg-surge-poses-181139032.html

 

lol no.

 

255 Democrats polled.  NH is not going to go for that...they've always been a Sanders state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

@ActualCornHusker I just want to thank you for sticking by your views, even if I disagree, and not taking your ball and going home.  This type of dialogue is needed and I for one appreciate it.  I hope you don't feel like Im attacking you.

 

Not at all. It's definitely been a challenging conversation as i view the world through a different lens than a lot of the people here, but i agree, these conversations are good to have. 

  • Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

 

lol no.

 

255 Democrats polled.  NH is not going to go for that...they've always been a Sanders state.

Don't think it has anything to do with Pete being gay though. He just isn't that great of a candidate.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

 

Not at all. It's definitely been a challenging conversation as i view the world through a different lens than a lot of the people here, but i agree, these conversations are good to have. 

 

Same. As long as we can remain civil and share our views, I have no doubt we can continue to have meaningful conversations that, in the end, confirm my viewpoints. 

 

:D

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting this not because I think this is bad for Biden, because 30 years ago everyone thought Barr was a good dude. People become corrupted over time, and you can't hold this against Biden.

 

But holy moly, look at Joe's hair.  :lol::lol::lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

 

Same. As long as we can remain civil and share our views, I have no doubt we can continue to have meaningful conversations that, in the end, confirm my viewpoints. 

 

:D

 

MORE TAXES! TAX EVERYTHING! TAX BREATHING!

Just messin' :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...