Stanley Morgan Jr. arrested on felony drug charge

The officer said he saw fresh cannabis in "plain view" on the center console of the vehicle. A search of the car found a plastic bag of presumed cannabis in a gray backpack with Morgan's name on it.
Morgan told the officer that that the cannabis belonged to him, which he had purchased for $100 when he came to Florida on vacation. Reed, and a woman in the back seat of the vehicle were not arrested.

Wow. Sitting right there on the console. He's stupid for being so careless about it. And doubly stupid for admitting it. :facepalm:

He should have said it was JP Morgan's bag

It also depends on how interested parties are in enforcing this. I think New York City's DA made an announcement to the effect that they wouldn't bother prosecuting marijuana offenses anymore a couple of years ago.

There are other stupid, boneheaded rules that people regularly flout -- but which aren't usually enforced. So while I appreciate the opinion that people need to make smarter decisions, I find it hard to place too much blame on the players here. Of course they are going to flout absurd demands.

Teach, I'm 0% kidding and this isn't the first time I've expressed this view on marijuana. If you're familiar with my politics you'll find it's quite consistent with my views on how we prosecute the drug war and create criminals out of nothing -- especially in certain communities.

• Plus1 1

The officer said he saw fresh cannabis in "plain view" on the center console of the vehicle. A search of the car found a plastic bag of presumed cannabis in a gray backpack with Morgan's name on it.
Morgan told the officer that that the cannabis belonged to him, which he had purchased for $100 when he came to Florida on vacation. Reed, and a woman in the back seat of the vehicle were not arrested.

Wow. Sitting right there on the console. He's stupid for being so careless about it. And doubly stupid for admitting it. :facepalm:

Or else:

Wait, wut? Didn't you see Randy Gregory take off running when we stopped the car?? He went thataway!

• Fire 4

It also depends on how interested parties are in enforcing this. I think New York City's DA made an announcement to the effect that they wouldn't bother prosecuting marijuana offenses anymore a couple of years ago.

There are other stupid, boneheaded rules that people regularly flout -- but which aren't usually enforced. So while I appreciate the opinion that people need to make smarter decisions, I find it hard to place too much blame on the players here. Of course they are going to flout absurd demands.

Teach, I'm 0% kidding and this isn't the first time I've expressed this view on marijuana. If you're familiar with my politics you'll find it's quite consistent with my views on how we prosecute the drug war and create criminals out of nothing -- especially in certain communities.

All I can say is wow...very interesting! No joke, I am blown away.

You actually sound just like me in your post. So, congrats to you!

Or else:

Wait, wut? Didn't you see Randy Gregory take off running when we stopped the car?? He went thataway!

Ha...nice!!

Heard it's a misdemeanor per the Mikes... either way...

What a bad mistake! Is this the same to you guys who say it's okay for the players to go get their drank on until 3 AM in the off season?

Feel for you right now Monique if you are perusing still.

For me it is...I hope they have a great time.

I mean...it's okay as long as they don't drink and drive. Driving under any kind of influence is not alright. However, I'd say athletes who go crazy on the drinks aren't taking their athletics seriously. It's worthy of criticism in that way. The same applies probably to weed, but that's not the issue here; any amount of pot is a huge deal. How it ever gets to a point of "felony charges"...it's just baffling to me.