Stanley Morgan Jr. arrested on felony drug charge

Wait...you list several leader-esque qualities, and then say he's a loser because he's had a single goof? So that outweighs all the other things?

Also, keep in mind, anywhere between 50-80% of the guys on the football team are smoking weed on the regular. Let's not be so naive.

this

But you guys get that it's illegal and a "leader" on our team is choosing to do something that could and did get him arrested.....

Wait...you list several leader-esque qualities, and then say he's a loser because he's had a single goof? So that outweighs all the other things?

Also, keep in mind, anywhere between 50-80% of the guys on the football team are smoking weed on the regular. Let's not be so naive.

this
But you guys get that it's illegal and a "leader" on our team is choosing to do something that could and did get him arrested.....
sure, but the reactions by some of the people on here are pretty ridiculous.
  • Fire 3

Well, that didn't take long. We're pretty quick to start calling our players "losers", aren't we? Does that make us feel better in comparison?

If you think this is the first time SM has tried weed you are more naive than me. This is the first time that we know of he has been caught. No one drives all the way to Florida and decides to buy weed one time. He has tried it before and as is usually the case it was probably a "friend". Stanley doesn't have the balls to say no but he certainly has the right to make whatever decision he wants. I've had friends tell me MJ was the most difficult drug to quit of everything they used.

Well, that didn't take long. We're pretty quick to start calling our players "losers", aren't we? Does that make us feel better in comparison?

If you think this is the first time SM has tried weed you are more naive than me. This is the first time that we know of he has been caught. No one drives all the way to Florida and decides to buy weed one time. He has tried it before and as is usually the case it was probably a "friend". Stanley doesn't have the balls to say no but he certainly has the right to make whatever decision he wants. I've had friends tell me MJ was the most difficult drug to quit of everything they used.
and what exactly about that makes him a loser?

Also, I didnt do too much reading but was Morgan or Reed high at the time, nervous, or fess up? What made the cop think he needed to search through their stuff?

A lawyer I know said it is hard to argue against a search by a cop in court if he says "I smelled marijuana in the car" How can you prove the cop was lying?

You can say no to the search, but he'll just detain you until a drug sniffing dog is called.

You are under the impression that I care how many times someone has smoked weed.

Personally, I find soda a more deplorable choice.

• Fire 4

Also, I didnt do too much reading but was Morgan or Reed high at the time, nervous, or fess up? What made the cop think he needed to search through their stuff?

A lawyer I know said it is hard to argue against a search by a cop in court if he says "I smelled marijuana in the car" How can you prove the cop was lying?

You can say no to the search, but he'll just detain you until a drug sniffing dog is called.

If a police officer smells the odor of marijuana coming from inside of the vehicle a probable cause search can then be conducted. Permission for that search to occur isn't necessary according to the United States Supreme Court. Now, if an officer asks to search your vehicle and doesn't smell the odor of marijuana or see drug paraphernalia then you can deny consent if probable cause is absent. A police officer can't hold you longer than is reasonable to attempt to get a K9 there to do a free air sniff of the vehicle.

Stanley made a poor decision, I expected more from him personally, let's hope he learns from this and grows as a person to understand that he can't put himself before the team. All of the players need to remember that they are no longer individuals, they are a team and they live and die through their actions.

• Fire 1

Exactly, we should not be calling people losers...

Dudes, this is not the first time or the last that he smoked/bought weed. And even after his "punishment" which really shouldn't be anything at all he will go back to smoking...just like all the other dudes on the team.

Put it into context...think if you lived in the dorms and got busted for booze/pot...you get "in trouble" take a class on booze/pot awareness, get yelled at by mom/dad...you promised not to do it again and next week you are doing it again.

I know the classic response will be "Yeah, but the kid in the dorms isn't letting down his entire team" but honestly, the players don't look at it like that.

You think that he had the pot in the car and Antonio Reed looked over at him from the passenger seat and said "Man, Stanley, I don't know about this, we have practice coming up in August, plus, if you smoke this stuff now, it might make it more difficult for you to catch a big pass on 3rd and 6 against Ark, State...I mean...we got a great chance to win 8 or 9 games this year...but only if you lay off this gateway drug"