Stanley Morgan Jr. arrested on felony drug charge

Well, that didn't take long. We're pretty quick to start calling our players "losers", aren't we? Does that make us feel better in comparison?

If you think this is the first time SM has tried weed you are more naive than me. This is the first time that we know of he has been caught. No one drives all the way to Florida and decides to buy weed one time. He has tried it before and as is usually the case it was probably a "friend". Stanley doesn't have the balls to say no but he certainly has the right to make whatever decision he wants. I've had friends tell me MJ was the most difficult drug to quit of everything they used.

You are under the impression that I care how many times someone has smoked weed.

Personally, I find soda a more deplorable choice.

Well, that's certainly an odd opinion to hold.

Well, that didn't take long. We're pretty quick to start calling our players "losers", aren't we? Does that make us feel better in comparison?

If you think this is the first time SM has tried weed you are more naive than me. This is the first time that we know of he has been caught. No one drives all the way to Florida and decides to buy weed one time. He has tried it before and as is usually the case it was probably a "friend". Stanley doesn't have the balls to say no but he certainly has the right to make whatever decision he wants. I've had friends tell me MJ was the most difficult drug to quit of everything they used.

You are under the impression that I care how many times someone has smoked weed.

Well, that's certainly an odd opinion to hold.

Oh no he didn't!

I hope for his own sake it was just weed and he wasn't also listening to 'the jazz.'

• Fire 2

^ is there anything to protect a citizen from an officer just lying and saying he smelt something?

No, not really, it would be hard to prove in court that the officer DIDN'T smell something on the citizens part honestly.

THAT was his point

Our mutual dislike of soda is one thing we have in common.

That would be an interesting debate. I'm pretty sure smoking anything does some kind of damage to the lungs. But sugar is far more addictive and causes premature death (albeit a much slower one than some substances). And marijuana can be consumed without smoking it.

• Fire 1

I asked this in a status update, but is this an odd time to ask if we should be paying our students-athletes with funds subsidized by the taxpayer?

Fake Bo Pelini Retweeted Chuck Carlton

That works out to approximately $0.00 per player

Fake Bo Pelini added,

Chuck CarltonVerified account @ChuckCarltonDMN
Industry sources indicate Big 12 is expected to announce next week revenue distribution of $33M-34M per school, up from $30.4M last year.

There are definitely factors about smoking weed that I find to be poor choices. Consuming marijuana isn't inherently one of them.

As an athlete, I would certainly prefer that he do edibles. Also, driving while high is obviously a major problem. So far, we aren't privy to those circumstances, but the latter doesn't appear to be an issue.

Leaving it out in the open is really the only thing I find wrong in this case.

I agree that soda is a worse choice; alcohol is far worse, in my opinion. Like someone said before, if he wasn't high, he shouldn't even be punished as much as Reilly; DUI is a far more serious crime.

I asked this in a status update, but is this an odd time to ask if we should be paying our students-athletes with funds subsidized by the taxpayer?

How are we "paying student athletes with tax payer funds"? The athletic department has its own funding separate from the University.

So, at public institutes, universities use no taxpayer funds to support athletics? I did not know. Interesting fact, the majority of athletic departments at the FBS and FCS levels report negative net revenue and receive institutional support, but I am sure none of that is subsidized by the taxpayer at public universities, right?

Only 24 FBS schools generated more revenue than they spent in 2014, according to the NCAA Revenues and Expenses of Division I Intercollegiate Athletics Programs Report

Twenty percent of median athletics income at FBS schools came from institutional support, while that figure eclipsed 70 percent at FCS institutions and those without football.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/athletics-departments-make-more-they-spend-still-minority