Stanley Morgan Jr. arrested on felony drug charge

Also, I didnt do too much reading but was Morgan or Reed high at the time, nervous, or fess up? What made the cop think he needed to search through their stuff?

I read he had open freshly cut weed on the console of the car he was driving. Cop must have thought there might be more.

I think that gives them reasonable cause.

He wasn't even caught driving under the influence of marijuana. He was caught with less than an ounce in the car, which goes for around $110 at the dispensary down the street from where I live. Homeboy could've bought a Nintendo Wii worth more than the amount of weed he had.

Amd cost 3 grand to get him out of jail. #godblessAmerica

I really liked Stanley when he stayed committed to Nebraska after Bo exited. I really liked Stanley when he made big catches in big games. I really liked Stanley when he showed some fire and leadership against Tennessee. I'm not saying he can't have a decent season this year but this kid is more loser than leader. Leaders lead by example. Leaders don't put their team mates second and themselves first. I realize self first is the way for kids of this and past generations. He can do what he wants and I hope he turns it around. He will have to if he ever wants to be a leader.

I really liked Stanley when he stayed committed to Nebraska after Bo exited. I really liked Stanley when he made big catches in big games. I really liked Stanley when he showed some fire and leadership against Tennessee. I'm not saying he can't have a decent season this year but this kid is more loser than leader. Leaders lead by example. Leaders don't put their team mates second and themselves first. I realize self first is the way for kids of this and past generations. He can do what he wants and I hope he turns it around. He will have to if he ever wants to be a leader.

wow. Talk about knee jerk.
  • Fire 2

Wait...you list several leader-esque qualities, and then say he's a loser because he's had a single goof? So that outweighs all the other things?

Also, keep in mind, anywhere between 50-80% of the guys on the football team are smoking weed on the regular. Let's not be so naive.

• Fire 3

Wait...you list several leader-esque qualities, and then say he's a loser because he's had a single goof? So that outweighs all the other things?

Also, keep in mind, anywhere between 50-80% of the guys on the football team are smoking weed on the regular. Let's not be so naive.

this

He was well on the way to becoming a leader on this 2017 team. A man who wants to lead doesn't buy weed in a state where it's not legal. He doesn't make a stupid mistake that sits his a$$ on the bench for a game or more when he could be on the field. A leader with NFL potential but probably not elite needs everything in his favor when it comes draft time. I understand the penalties for weed are too harsh and arguably unnecessary.

Tony's got a point about poor judgment. Wish we had fewer boneheads. But I think that must be recency bias speaking between this and Gerry last season being a knucklehead with his classes.

Two years ago Outkick the Coverage did a piece that had the Big Red t-26th for most arrests (12) over the previous five years, or roughly half as many as most of the leaders (incredibly, WSU was the leader at 31, which seems like an outlier because the next highest was 24).

So I guess that's not too bad. There are a lot of really talented teams near the top. Guess teams with some thugs DO win more.

And again, it's just a small amount of weed.

Also, I didnt do too much reading but was Morgan or Reed high at the time, nervous, or fess up? What made the cop think he needed to search through their stuff?

A lawyer I know said it is hard to argue against a search by a cop in court if he says "I smelled marijuana in the car" How can you prove the cop was lying?

A lawyer I know said it is hard to argue against a search by a cop in court if he says "I smelled marijuana in the car" How can you prove the cop was lying?

Sure, if he smelled it, or in this case saw and smelled I have no problem with the arrest and search.

21 grams is a felony? That's frikken ridiculous. Less than 5 minutes from me I can go buy a full ounce (28 grams) and it's perfectly legal. And BTW whoever asked, no, that amount does not mean he's dealing. Maybe sharing with buddies but certainly no Pablo Escobar or Walter White.

Lmao, last part killed me.