What would be your response if Oklahoma and Texas join our conference

You do not know for sure what happened and why different universities voted with Texas

It seems like you upset because you went from getting your way to having another university that did

Seriously, where the eff is knapp at to drop the truth bombs I know he has stored for this EXACT situation!

• Fire 1

Destroying the NU-OU rivalry is enough of a reason to hate the BXII and anybody involved in that decision. How would Michigan fans feel if they had no in-state team to create a rivalry with and suddenly the B1G added some new teams and your tOSU rivalry got trashed so they could start a new rivalry with one of the new teams? We don't care about Colorado, and while we did have a trophy game with Mizzou, they never held a candle to what we had with OU.

• Fire 2

Destroying the NU-OU rivalry is enough of a reason to hate the BXII and anybody involved in that decision. How would Michigan fans feel if they had no in-state team to create a rivalry with and suddenly the B1G added some new teams and your tOSU rivalry got trashed so they could start a new rivalry with one of the new teams? We don't care about Colorado, and while we did have a trophy game with Mizzou, they never held a candle to what we had with OU.

One of Michigan's biggest rivals recently decided to end our rivalry

Michigan knowing how important playing ND was in the minds of the alumni and fans took the needed steps to re schedule the game

My problem with Texas is that they do not understand our culture

Thing is I do not feel like Nebraska does along with Rutgers and Maryland

It took Penn State awhile to understand our culture but they are still a step behind

As a Michigan fan I know what playing in Pasadena on New Years Day means

If I would ask a Nebraska fan what playing in the Rose Bowl means

They would give a simple answer of winning the Big Ten

This is just a small part of our culture.

Michigan and our conference has already sold out our culture so adding a non Midwestern school does not bother me anymore

Maybe in Austin the temperature would not be as different than it is in Pasadena and the chance to get away from a Midwestern winter is not important

Yes, we know what it means to you as well. It means more to squeak out a Rose Bowl win than it does actually trying to win a National Championship outright on the field against the team that was willing to play the game.

• Fire 4

Yes, we know what it means to you as well. It means more to squeak out a Rose Bowl win than it does actually trying to win a National Championship outright on the field against the team that was willing to play the game.
Football is everything to you. Nebraska is a program that a winning football program is the most important thing in their world

My grandparents on both sides were Polish immigrants. They did not have anything. Both my grandfathers worked their entire lives in Michigan and paid their taxes so that my father could attend one of the world's greatest universities at a subsidized price. All the other universities besides Northwestern provided this to their residences. Without UM my father would have had to work like a dog his entire life. Because my father was able to work a job where he used his mind and not his body I was provided the same opportunity that he was.

The Rose Bowl was a celebration of all the hard work and sweat that UM put into that season for a chance to escape the Midwest in the middle of the winter. Pasadena was a city created by people from the Midwest and to be able to travel there was a sign of wealth. Even though a lot of us did not own homes there like the wealthy industrialist from Chicago and Detroit.

Almost every other Big Ten university felt the same way.

My reactiin would be.. "Oklahoma, OK, but Texas? Why do you want to kill the Big Ten? They are like cowbirds, crap in the nest and destroy it.

Better yet, let Texas join the Big ten, we leave and set up a new conference of midwestern states called the "Big Eight". This conference will form a pact with other conferences and sponsors to form a new football governing body with new rules, fully recognizing that the NCAA is corrupt in terms of its mission, credibility, and relevance. Under the new governing body players will be paid.

We play OU on Thanksgiving, half the commercials, no booth initiated official reviews, each coach gets one red flag per half, and the concept of "targeting" goes to the bottom of the ocean where it belongs, being replaced with 15 yd. penalties for speering, or unnecessary roughness, or unsportsmanlike conduct.

Hard working players will never be thrown out of a game for a single hard hit, as in this new conference we all realize that football is inherently violent. We realize that ejections punish whole teams by providing competitive disadvantages, and further that these drastic ejections are often applied inconsistently creating further imbalances. We recognize that a player spends 20 hours a week working hard during the week in addition to weights and other commitments and we will avoid depriving them the chance to compete as a result of an unfortunate or unavoidable play.

We will have the best, most competitive, hardest hitting conference in football.

Football is everything to you. Nebraska is a program that a winning football program is the most important thing in their world

My grandparents on both sides were Polish immigrants. They did not have anything. Both my grandfathers worked their entire lives in Michigan and paid their taxes so that my father could attend one of the world's greatest universities at a subsidized price. All the other universities besides Northwestern provided this to their residences. Without UM my father would have had to work like a dog his entire life. Because my father was able to work a job where he used his mind and not his body I was provided the same opportunity that he was.

The Rose Bowl was a celebration of all the hard work and sweat that UM put into that season for a chance to escape the Midwest in the middle of the winter. Pasadena was a city created by people from the Midwest and to be able to travel there was a sign of wealth. Even though a lot of us did not own homes there like the wealthy industrialist from Chicago and Detroit.

Almost every other Big Ten university felt the same way.

Someone stop this jackass from the "we're better than you" act (although it's probably not an act). The state of Nebraska was populated in the late 1800s and early 1900s by European immigrants from numerous countries. They worked hard, blue collar jobs in farming, ranching, railroad, etc. The state's largest public university is a point of pride for all Nebraskans, going back over a century. Yes, we love our football, and it has a deep history. Nebraska beat Notre Dame and the 4 Horsemen. Nebraska went to the Rose Bowl in the 1940s. It was Bob Devaney who came to Nebraska in the 1960's and restored the football team to prominence, and amazing heights in the 70s. The Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry was the best rivalry in college football in the 70s and 80s. It wasn't Michigan-Ohio State.

My father grew up on a farm in the 1930s and 40s, and then graduated from the University of Nebraska in the late 50s. Four of his sons were also able to graduate from UNL. Using your mind instead of your bodies is not unique to Michigan.

• Fire 4

One of Michigan's biggest rivals recently decided to end our rivalry

Michigan knowing how important playing ND was in the minds of the alumni and fans took the needed steps to re schedule the game

My problem with Texas is that they do not understand our culture

Thing is I do not feel like Nebraska does along with Rutgers and Maryland

It took Penn State awhile to understand our culture but they are still a step behind

Michigan and our conference has already sold out our culture so adding a non Midwestern school does not bother me anymore

Maybe in Austin the temperature would not be as different than it is in Pasadena and the chance to get away from a Midwestern winter is not important

What does any of that have to do with what I said? Besides, we've played OU twice as much as you played ND. Often times the winner of the matchup won the Big 8. A lot more on the line. Similar to how it was between UM-tOSU, which is why I brought them up, and not ND. Maybe I'm wrong here too, but the OU-NU rivalry was special in a way that it was built out of respect instead of hatred.

Agreed. That is a small part.

But, being a northern, midwestern, blue-collar blue blood in the top 4 all-time in wins where the entire state breathes the lifeblood of the major university program and you sell out every game in 1962 is probably a big, or at least a bigger, part, wouldn't you say?

Your pompous arrogance isn't the norm as far as long-time B1G fans' perceptions of Nebraska. We have been welcomed with nearly universal open arms and have been told by so many that it feels right. That we belong. And we love being here. Sorry you don't feel the same way.

Or maybe we just don't fit B1G culture in the eyes of you because we don't have any Wal-Mart Wolverines, Memorial Stadium actually has the potential to be deafeningly loud, we don't give away free tickets to games to people who buy bottles of Coke, we play too many night games and we're used to National Championships being closer to present tense than they are to World War II. I dunno :dunno

• Fire 4

Obviously; everyone should be ecstatic if Oklahoma joined.

I think its the "cool" thing to be against Texas joining; and certainly there are legitimate arguments to be made that would make one skeptical of Texas joining; but I would honestly be ecstatic to have Texas, as well. I feel an animosity, of sorts, towards Texas, and it would be adding a rival that feels like more of a rival than any of the teams currently in the B1G (besides maybe Wisc, but even that is close).

I am glad you feel that you are welcomed into the BIG

I do not see why you shouldn't. The BIG may have their culture maybe not as extreme as say the SEC but nevertheless the conference has its values. Hard work is one that Nebraska exemplifies the most. Especially considering a lot of your state is on the western side of what is known as the dry line.

I am trying very hard to understand the difference between Oklahoma and Texas. Why I have not seen anyone say Oklahoma wil not fit in as well. From my personal experiences Oklahoma is very much like Texas.

Both are very much farm states that relied on oil and gas for most of their history. Texas has been able to diversify in the past 20 years though and is it great shape to grow financially and population wise.

This may not be known but what they refer to as the Texas triangle is becoming the 4th megalopolis in the United States.

If the BIG can move in there then the conference can control almost half of the US population wise.

I would hate to see the ACC or PAC 12 move into Texas. This has a lot to do with academics.

As much money that college athletics produces for a university times that by 50 and you have the money generated by research

I want Nebraska to become another University of Iowa. I believe that your university has the capabilities to do so.

For this to happen we need more money for research

Finally and most important I have not seen reasons to tell Texas no. Nothing against Nebraska or their fans but sometimes you must find your place in the general scheme of the conference.

Not just for UM but for every university Texas means recruits in athletics and well paid jobs for our states in the research fields.

Instead of all those Nebraska graduates moving to Chicago or Denver they can stay in Lincoln or Omaha and give that money back in taxes

PFFFFT.Ask Iowa St, KSU, KU, Ok St how they are feeling now about their 11-1 votes.

They're probably feeling fine because their schools are making more money than they ever have, by a long shot, and none of them really have the clout or negotiating power to do any better.

Yeah...but while everyone else has some weight to throw around when the conferences re-align these 11-1 voters will wish they had someone looking out for them. It won't be us.

They're making money now, but will ISU and KState say the same when they re-align with the mountain west or C-USA?