What would be your response if Oklahoma and Texas join our conference

Kind of. Arrowhead held a bulk of them, but Jerryworld was becoming the permanent host site.

No the Big 8 had no title game...we had a game with Oklahoma to end the season...

Not sure what you were trying to say about saving the Oklahoma game. Having one Oklahoma game a year is what we wanted. If you're insisting that Oklahoma State was an adequete replacement as our "Oklahoma game" it would be like Ohio State playing Michigan for 2 years then Michigan State for 2 years. OU was our only real rival, it was our annual Thanksgiving weekend game. And OU bailed on that to make Texas happy.

Texas ruined the SWC, Big 8 and is almost done ruining the Big 12 and we are looking for a scapegoat? I said above, which you must have missed, that most of our on field problems are our own fault with poor hires and complacency setting in due to laziness by a couple staffs. Texas coming in the self serving way that they did when they did hust doubled down on our own problems. So yes, our issues with them are of course self serving. But we also dislike how they persuaded the other teams we were in league with for decades and turned them against us, eventually pushing us out the door. And when we said screw it, all those teams that were so happy to see power pulled from us begged us to stay. They made their Texas bed and can lie in it.

• Fire 2

Texas is one big "HELL NO". They have ruined two conferences, why in the hell would we want them in the B1G???

With Oklahoma, I guess I could be OK with it....but, it would make me throw up in my mouth a little.

They hitched their train to Texas when they worked behind the scenes to undermine the Huskers and form the new Big 12. When it was falling apart, their AD flat out stated....."We will go where Texas goes". It's pretty clear who the dominatrix is in the relationship.

My first choice would be to watch both of them burn in a pool of swine feces.

Now, if the B1G would some how allow OU in but not Texas, I could get back into the Nebraska/OU rivalry.

• Fire 3

Serious question and sorry for hijacking.....

Did Tom retire because of the doing away with partial qualifiers? I was really young at the time. What's a partial qualifier?

A partial qualifier was an athlete who had below the minimum GPA or test scores to qualify for a Division 1 scholarship. The Big 8 used to allow partial qualifiers to come on campus as a scholarship student, but not play or practice with the team. The partial qualifier had some time (a year?) to get their grades or test scores up enough to qualify for a full division 1 scholarship.

I don't think the partial qualifier thing influenced Tom to step down.

• Fire 1

Texas is one big "HELL NO". They have ruined two conferences, why in the hell would we want them in the B1G???

With Oklahoma, I guess I could be OK with it....but, it would make me throw up in my mouth a little.

They hitched their train to Texas when they worked behind the scenes to undermine the Huskers and form the new Big 12. When it was falling apart, their AD flat out stated....."We will go where Texas goes". It's pretty clear who the dominatrix is in the relationship.

My first choice would be to watch both of them burn in a pool of swine feces.

Now, if the B1G would some how allow OU in but not Texas, I could get back into the Nebraska/OU rivalry.

Seriously; anyone who is ok with Texas in the Big Ten has either forgotten or doesn't know about all the sh#t that university did to Nebraska both in the Big 12 and when we were leaving.

I feel if Michigan and Texas were in the BIG they would have to hold the conference meetings in a hangar at O'Hare. There is not a big enough room in all of Chicago to hold the egos of both schools at the the same time.

No, it will have to be a hanger at DFW or Houston Airport because the conference offices would be forced to move to Texas.

• Fire 4

I feel if Michigan and Texas were in the BIG they would have to hold the conference meetings in a hangar at O'Hare. There is not a big enough room in all of Chicago to hold the egos of both schools at the the same time.

Well, except that the first order of business of the Big Ten would be to move conference offices from NYC and Chicago to Dallas because that's a condition that UT would put on membership in the league. So the conference meetings would be held in a hangar at DFW. But otherwise, yes, you are correct there.

I don't understand why people bring up their school's academics into a football discussion. Michigan nor UCLA nor Berkeley get their academic reputation from the body of their scholarship football athletes.

I replaced Texas in this conversation because I think the point gets across better if we use the nation's top public universities only.

• Fire 2

I don't understand why people bring up their school's academics into a football discussion. Michigan nor UCLA nor Berkeley get their academic reputation from the body of their scholarship football athletes.

I replaced Texas in this conversation because I think the point gets across better if we use the nation's top public universities only.

Totally agree and lets face it...in the end no one really cares. Academic smack talk is not really all that much fun.

Totally agree and lets face it...in the end no one really cares. Academic smack talk is not really all that much fun.

Unless you're Northwestern--back when they were a perennial doormat (and not the competent team they have been of late), Northwestern fans (especially students) would start chants reminding the opposition about who was going to be their boss, do their taxes, etc. while their team got the business end of a beatdown on the field.