What would be your response if Oklahoma and Texas join our conference

Don't have a problem with Texass as long as they're kept on a short leash. Otherwise I echo the sentiment that we'd rather take Kansas and Oklahoma...though I think it's closer to reality that we see Texass, especially if ESPN keeps henmoraging money.

Also, let's not forget that the B1G gets North Texas/DFW markets with Oklahoma--there are a metric f***ton of OU boosters in the DFW area. Anything south though, and you can cede that TV space to Texass.

You're such a child. Every freaking time.

Don't have a problem with Texass as long as they're kept on a short leash. Otherwise I echo the sentiment that we'd rather take Kansas and Oklahoma...though I think it's closer to reality that we see Texass, especially if ESPN keeps henmoraging money.

Also, let's not forget that the B1G gets North Texas/DFW markets with Oklahoma--there are a metric f***ton of OU boosters in the DFW area. Anything south though, and you can cede that TV space to Texass.

So how do you feel about UTerus? :hookerhorns

Looks like I triggered a Texass snowflake.

• Fire 3

If you have not noticed most of our states are losing population so a move to an area of the country where it is the opposite may be needed for long term stability

Plus Texas academics are a HUGE plus to add to the BTCRC

No offense to Nebraska and the Big 8 but this is the BIG and Texas will not be allowed to influence us like they did in your ex conference

Oklahoma would be amazing but not Texas. Go back and check the reason why Nebraska left the B12 in the first place. Texas is a CANCER to every conference it has ever been in. You don't think they will 'influence the Big10-think again'. Texas sucks the life out of every conference it joins. No thank you.

• Fire 2

Like everyone else OU is great but Texas, f those arse holes. Texas has basically single handedly killed 2 conferences in a row. Yes we have multiple teams in the B1G that have more prestige than Texas, but for some reason they feel no matter what they are gods gift to a conference. Hell we have teams in the B1G with less people in the states than 1 of their larger cities and just as many MNC's as them.

Like everyone else OU is great but Texas, f those arse holes. Texas has basically single handedly killed 2 conferences in a row. Yes we have multiple teams in the B1G that have more prestige than Texas, but for some reason they feel no matter what they are gods gift to a conference. Hell we have teams in the B1G with less people in the states than 1 of their larger cities and just as many MNC's as them.

Hell, they only have two legitimate titles to their name--we have five (considering the Big Ten's cowardice in 1997 in hiding behind the skirt of the Rose Bowl).

In fact, IIRC, aTm only has one, and TCU only has two (all three pre-AP national championships). That means our lowly land grant school has just as many NCs as all of the FBS schools in Texas.

• Fire 1

I will repeat that I can't imagine a scenario in which Texas or Oklahoma would join the Big Ten. I don't see why the Big Ten would invite them nor why they would want to join. Their fans don't want to travel so far for almost half their conference games. You may recall the debate by many Husker fans about the travel increase caused by our switch from Big 12 to Ten. UT would add about 800 miles to every one of our travel distances and basically only Nebraska and Iowa are driveable on a weekend. The Big 12 has a couple 'road' trip games but rest are fairly easy drives on the day of game in many cases.

OU and Texas have both struggled of late to find wins in a weakened conference. They sure as hell don't want to schedule losses going forward. Long travel games on an annual basis to Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska and of course those pesky games in Northwestern, even Rutgers is getting talent now. The Big 12 needs to recruit a couple programs in to the conference that have some national presitige but are very winnable foes on the field. They are hard to find but certainly needed. Big Ten is same way.

I will repeat that I can't imagine a scenario in which Texas or Oklahoma would join the Big Ten. I don't see why the Big Ten would invite them nor why they would want to join. Their fans don't want to travel so far for almost half their conference games. You may recall the debate by many Husker fans about the travel increase caused by our switch from Big 12 to Ten. UT would add about 800 miles to every one of our travel distances and basically only Nebraska and Iowa are driveable on a weekend. The Big 12 has a couple 'road' trip games but rest are fairly easy drives on the day of game in many cases.

OU and Texas have both struggled of late to find wins in a weakened conference. They sure as hell don't want to schedule losses going forward. Long travel games on an annual basis to Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska and of course those pesky games in Northwestern, even Rutgers is getting talent now. The Big 12 needs to recruit a couple programs in to the conference that have some national presitige but are very winnable foes on the field. They are hard to find but certainly needed. Big Ten is same way.

With both universities in the BIG don't you think ESPN would remove the SEC from the prime time position every Saturday in exchange for the BIG. This is not including Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State

Having then 6 of the top 10 programs in the history of college football puts the conference in the catbird's seat of college football

Looks like I triggered a Texass snowflake.
You didn't trigger anything. I'm just tired of you constantly bitching about Texas. It's pathetic that 40+ year old men have to resort to mocking a school and state, especially considering the fact that you live here.