What would be your response if Oklahoma and Texas join our conference

Oklahoma would be a no brainer. Of course!

Texas? Ugh! I loath Texas. Why you ask? They pushed their way into the Big 12. Reformulated the rules to end the dominance of Nebraska football, and basically pushed our program down in the mud. They took over administration of the newly formed Big 12. And ruined it with their boundless greed and underhandedness. Tejas ended the highly regarded Husker-Sooner rivalry. A Texas grad was instrumental in ousting the University of Nebraska from the A.A.U. (The only time that's happened in over a 100 years of A.A.U. history.) They were the evil rich kid in the B12. The Joffrey Baratheon of the Big 12 Conference.

That said, I feel like we have unfinished business with Texas. I'd love to have a crack at them again on a level playing field. Bring 'em on in. So we can kick them to the curb where they belong. Put our boot on their neck, and have a little payback for their underhanded evilness. /jmho

• Fire 5

I'd love it. I just wish we could remove a few teams. Yes I mean Rutgers and Maryland! At the same time it makes things even harder especially in football with a team like Oklahoma who one would think would be placed in our conference. Same for Texas in volleyball who would join an already loaded conference and who NU would now have to contend with directly in the race for the conference championship among others.

It's a tougher swim for the Huskers. I'd like having OU and Texas as members though.

Nothing against Maryland football which it's great given they're excited about their recent recruiting classes and new head coach but no way I choose them over Texas and Oklahoma if I'm putting together a conference.

yea but you suggested we remove them from our current conference. The conversation isn't "who would we rather add: Oklahoma, Texas or Maryland?" I think Maryland is fine in the Big 10 and I would welcome Oklahoma but Texas not so much.

If it wasn't for Texas ending partial qualifiers I do not see Nebraska playing in this conference

The BIG believes in academics and we would not want a university who says academics do not matter in regards to student athletes.

Truthfully I respect Texas wanting to uphold academic integrity

These other things like moving conference HQ, owning referees and moving championship games that I have seen Texas being accused of is something different but for them to so they had to have others to agree to their demands

I just do not see this happening in this conference

Thing I do not on this topic being mentioned is that Texas is using all the conferences against each other but for them to have the power to so was only allowed by the 4 universities who left the Big 12 and gave Texas and to a lesser extent Oklahoma this great hand to play

Yeah, it's probably best to tell kids to pound sand if they don't have good grades. They'll never make anything of themselves anyway. Nebraska never did care much about academics before the Big 12, what with our nation leading number of Academic All Americans.

U of M isn't even in the top 20 in Academic All Americans. Smdh...

• Fire 3

Yeah, it's probably best to tell kids to pound sand if they don't have good grades. They'll never make anything of themselves anyway. Nebraska never did care much about academics before the Big 12, what with our nation leading number of Academic All Americans.

Academic All-Americans are not a great barometer for academic prowess, but it is a fancy number to brag about. Michigan is the 23rd ranked university in the world -- we're somewhere around the 500th mark. Our commitment to student-athletes academic success specifically is incredibly strong and as good as it gets, but there's no way to quantify that and it's pretty stupid to boast about academics to a fan one of the absolute premiere universities in America.

Especially when our use of partial qualifiers wasn't some holy and pure crusade - it was an effective way to get better football players to win more games.

Academic All-Americans are not a great barometer for academic prowess, but it is a fancy number to brag about. Michigan is the 23rd ranked university in the world -- we're somewhere around the 500th mark. Our commitment to student-athletes academic success specifically is incredibly strong and as good as it gets, but there's no way to quantify that and it's pretty stupid to boast about academics to a fan one of the absolute premiere universities in America.

Especially when our use of partial qualifiers wasn't some holy and pure crusade - it was an effective way to get better football players to win more games.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were on an football forum talking about an athletic conference and athletic academics. My bad...
  • Fire 2