Comey to testify that Trump obstructed

I just don't think Donald Trump coincidentally hired Carter Page, and Paul Manafort, and Jeff Sessions, and Michael Flynn, and Jared Kushner. And then that one time Trump expressly asked Russia to release Hillary's emails and said he loves Wikileaks.

It's pretty amazing that people can look at the decisions that Trump has made and give him a pass as some doddering simpleton. He isn't, and he isn't dumb. He's the captain of this ship and everything happening in the White House is exactly how he has traditionally run his businesses. He knows what he's doing, with whom he's doing it, and why. All of these Russian ties aren't coincidental and they aren't just happening around Trump.

C'mon knapp, give him a chance. He's just new to this.

Like I've said.

When a sane and logical leader is told by every intelligence agency in his own government that someone around him is colluding with a foreign government, they would WELCOME an investigation.

This blubbering idiot either was in on it with them or his ego just can't handle bring told he made a mistake hiring people.

I would like to take a moment to address our resident #MAGA supporter from his status update yesterday. Claiming it was a big win for Trump.

Comey confirmed 3 times that Trump wasn't under investigation and that Trump never tried to impede with the investigation-- Trump wanted Comey to tell the American public that he wasn't under investigation. Comey wouldn't do that because if evidence that was turned up while investigating other people led them to start investigating Trump, he would have to back up the train. And he didn't want to do that. Plus the FBI is not in the habit of telling the American public who ISN'T under investigation. No one disputes Trump himself wasn't under investigation. But several members of his campaign and White House staff were and still are.

He kept making assumptions on what he thought Trump was thinking but "he could be wrong" (said that phrase numerous times)-- Kept using that phrase because he was being asked what he thought the President was thinking. I realize it wasn't a court hearing but either way, it's called hearsay and he didn't want to claim in public something that could impact a still ongoing investigation.

a 6'8" FBI director was afraid to be alone with Trump felt uneasy get real--I don't see where his height and position in government has anything to do with being in a private one on one conversation with the President making him feel uneasy. The fact is, the meetings should never have happened without the Attorney General there at the very least.

Comey is leaking government classified info to the press.--You can't leak unclassified personal memos. That is not a leak. That is just handing over info. And the President had every opportunity to invoke Executive privilege. He didn't.

Threw CNN, NYTimes, ABC under the bus for fake news--I had to step away for a moment so i must have missed this exchange. So I won't comment. If someone else can lend some insight, that would be helpful.

and drum roll......said that Loretta Lynch was obstructing with the Hilary email investigation but failed to write a memo about that lol wtf?-- While it is concerning and somewhat suspicious that the AG at the time requested he change the phrase from "investigation" to "matter" that in itself is not obstruction. And he didn't keep a memo because he didn't feel the need to at the time. Unless I was still away when something else was said?

Reason why we're an embarrassment to the whole world is because of the delusional accusations the left and MSM have been throwing around for months with no evidence and then this hearing only reaffirms the delusion from the left.--The highest ranking member of the House of Representatives came out and said Trump is doing the things he does because he is new to the job. That is not a delusional accusation of the left.

• Fire 7

Those are Fox & Friends, Breitbart, Steve Bannon talking points for those that didn't actually watch the hearing. It is all part of the disinformation campaign that led us to where we are today and is still dangerous.

• Fire 5

A side-splitter from Paul Ryan:

Ryan denies GOP would try to impeach Dem accused of same actions as Trump

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) insisted on Thursday that Republicans wouldn’t be calling for the impeachment of a Democratic president accused of the same actions as President Trump.

As fired FBI Director James Comey was before a Senate committee, accusing the president of trying to influence a criminal investigation, Ryan dismissed the notion from a reporter at his weekly Capitol press conference that Republicans would be suggesting impeachment at this point.

“No. I don’t think we would, actually. I don’t think that’s at all the case,” Ryan said.

And Ryan's own base isn't having that hogwash.

• Fire 2

I would like to take a moment to address our resident #MAGA supporter from his status update yesterday. Claiming it was a big win for Trump.

Comey confirmed 3 times that Trump wasn't under investigation and that Trump never tried to impede with the investigation-- Trump wanted Comey to tell the American public that he wasn't under investigation. Comey wouldn't do that because if evidence that was turned up while investigating other people led them to start investigating Trump, he would have to back up the train. And he didn't want to do that. Plus the FBI is not in the habit of telling the American public who ISN'T under investigation. No one disputes Trump himself wasn't under investigation. But several members of his campaign and White House staff were and still are.

He may not have been under personal investigation at that time, but I think he is now.

The FBI and Congress are examining a campaign event last spring during which Donald Trump, Jeff Sessions and Jared Kushner were in a small gathering with Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak and other diplomats at Washington’s Mayflower Hotel, multiple U.S. officials told NBC News.

Five current and former U.S. officials said they are aware of classified intelligence suggesting there was some sort of private encounter between Trump and his aides and the Russian envoy, despite a heated denial from Sessions, who has already come under fire for failing to disclose two separate contacts with Kislyak.

He may not have been under personal investigation at that time, but I think he is now.

The FBI and Congress are examining a campaign event last spring during which Donald Trump, Jeff Sessions and Jared Kushner were in a small gathering with Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak and other diplomats at Washington’s Mayflower Hotel, multiple U.S. officials told NBC News.

Five current and former U.S. officials said they are aware of classified intelligence suggesting there was some sort of private encounter between Trump and his aides and the Russian envoy, despite a heated denial from Sessions, who has already come under fire for failing to disclose two separate contacts with Kislyak.

It's quite possible. Comey was very deliberate in saying Trump wasn't under investigation while he was head of FBI. Now that he's a private citizen, he wouldn't have any knowledge (or shouldn't.)

Does anyone REALLY believe Paul Ryan? After calling for Clinton's security clearance to be yanked DURING the campaign over EMAILS... he's going to give Trump a free pass because he's "new to all this?"

Well aww shucks, Uncle Paul, that's awful darn nice of you. Gee willickers, what a swell guy!

Although it's ultimately a fruitless endeavor, try to imagine what you think would happen if the roles were reverse and Clinton (or any generic Democrat) had done the things Trump has done since he got in office. What would we see from Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Jason Chaffetz and the rest of the GOP power structure? How about Fox News?

Paul Ryan continues to repeatedly shovel endless piles of #$*@ in our faces. If there's one positive to all this, it's that it's laid bare the extent to which this version of the GOP has completely sold out their ethics and spines in order to blindly support Trump. What a bunch of clowns.

• Fire 4

He kept making assumptions on what he thought Trump was thinking but "he could be wrong" (said that phrase numerous times)-- Kept using that phrase because he was being asked what he thought the President was thinking. I realize it wasn't a court hearing but either way, it's called hearsay and he didn't want to claim in public something that could impact a still ongoing investigation.

That's like a mob boss telling his hitman to "take care of him for me". He can say well, I didn't tell him to kill him, but anyone with a brain knows what he meant by this. Trump might not have said outright, "stop this investigation" but anyone not kissing his butt knows what his intentions were. It might not hold up in a court of law, but it should be worrisome for most people that a POTUS would act like this.

• Fire 2

There is zero doubt in my mind, Trump will perjure himself if ever compelled to testify.

He can't control his tongue in a meeting wt the Russians in the white house in which he exposed an Israel operative - bragging we have pretty good intel - like it is HIS play toy. He would have a hard time controlling his self righteous anger that he was called to testify.

I dare he take up Comey's challenge to reveal the tapes of their conversation.

I wonder where the Trump tweet storm is at. Perhaps the cat (Comey) got his (Trump's) tongue with some strong testimony. The narrative on the radio is that Comey was a coward, or even act as a jilted lover - having been fired (like being divorced) from his job. However, I think it is Trump who has a lot to prove here - that non of his insiders were involved in illegal acts of collusion.

That's like a mob boss telling his hitman to "take care of him for me". He can say well, I didn't tell him to kill him, but anyone with a brain knows what he meant by this. Trump might not have said outright, "stop this investigation" but anyone not kissing his butt knows what his intentions were. It might not hold up in a court of law, but it should be worrisome for most people that a POTUS would act like this.

Agreed. Some are saying 'this is the NY way of doing business' and giving Trump a pass. What they give Hillary a pass - no. If you aspire to the highest office in the land, ignorance is not an excuse nor does it release you from responsibility to know what is the right thing to do and actually doing it. When Trump asked Sessions and Jared to leave that WH meeting where only Comey remained - that would cause the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up big time. Comey had to be thinking he was about to be strong armed. I wish there was a clear, provable smoking gun to get this behind us. I think this will dog us for 4 years if Mueller and team can't put it to rest decisively. None of Trump & team's actions smell right but can Mueller prove it? :dunno

I just don't think Donald Trump coincidentally hired Carter Page, and Paul Manafort, and Jeff Sessions, and Michael Flynn, and Jared Kushner. And then that one time Trump expressly asked Russia to release Hillary's emails and said he loves Wikileaks.

It's pretty amazing that people can look at the decisions that Trump has made and give him a pass as some doddering simpleton. He isn't, and he isn't dumb. He's the captain of this ship and everything happening in the White House is exactly how he has traditionally run his businesses. He knows what he's doing, with whom he's doing it, and why. All of these Russian ties aren't coincidental and they aren't just happening around Trump.
I'm not giving him a pass. I just think he is an idiot who has himself surrounded with ego inflators. The inflators have his ear, and he obviously doesn't think things through (hence he's an idiot). If one of those inflators was corrrupted they could easily entrap Trump, and Trump's lack of any ethics combined with his ego would prevent him from even questioning what was going on.

All you have to do is have his attention, a position of power relative to him, and stroke his ego. You can easily plant whatever seed you want.

He'll take whatever you tell him as his own idea and run with it. His ego will prevent him from ever seeing the error he has made.

First, Comey (correctly) interpreted "I hope..." as a direction. Second, it has held up in the Court of law.