Nebraska led the Big Ten in fan ejections in 2016

Anyone ever bring small bottles of booze in? Get caught?

Once filled an empty Aquafina bottle with Crown and took it in. Two of us drank the whole thing in the first quarter. Didn't get caught but had to run out at halftime for a refill and to chug some beers :cheers:waste

Big flaw here is the list claims to be about Stadium arrests and ejections but then pulls it's data (At least for Nebraska and possibly some but likely not every other team) from a source who's tally includes virtually every incident on campus on gameday. Whether the incident was in the stadium or by the loop outside East Union

Small bottles, like airplane bottles? Pints and half pints were the norm.

I suppose that has changed now with all the security measures.

Definitely need to start selling alcohol in the stadium.

I have done pints...one time I left the pint in the car thinking I would get busted...we got in and when I realized that no one checked you I left the stadium...back to the car...got the pint...came back to the stadium.

Minnesota: 306,000 people with access to alcohol inside the stadium. 11 ejections. 0 arrests. Over $1M in revenue.

Nebraska: The Good Life

Agreed! Seems like a no brainer. With very little effort at all we could generate another million or so in revenue. I mean, it's not like people don't already drink alcohol on gameday anyway.

This pisss me off...NU needs to get on this.

He'll even keep it local. Let local vendors buy/rent a space...say 50k ( just a made up number, it could be 10k) to rent for the season...take up to 20 vendors (if possible)...NU keeps that money, vendors charge what they want for their beers...NU gets 10% of the sales from each vendor or NU charges 1 dollar for a 21 year older wrist band.

Minnesota: 306,000 people with access to alcohol inside the stadium. 11 ejections. 0 arrests. Over $1M in revenue.

Agreed! Seems like a no brainer. With very little effort at all we could generate another million or so in revenue. I mean, it's not like people don't already drink alcohol on gameday anyway.

He'll even keep it local. Let local vendors buy/rent a space...say 50k ( just a made up number, it could be 10k) to rent for the season...take up to 20 vendors (if possible)...NU keeps that money, vendors charge what they want for their beers...NU gets 10% of the sales from each vendor or NU charges 1 dollar for a 21 year older wrist band.

10% would be an absolutely terrible margin for this type of service. Most beer companys are making money on selling kegs for about 150, probably cost them $60 to make. That's about 1.25 a beer in cost per beer to the university. You would need to sell them at least $6.25 for the university to consider that because most things in the stadium run at 400% to 500% markup. Why make $1 per beer, when you should be making $5 to $6.

10% would be an absolutely terrible margin for this type of service. Most beer companys are making money on selling kegs for about 150, probably cost them $60 to make. That's about 1.25 a beer in cost per beer to the university. You would need to sell them at least $6.25 for the university to consider that because most things in the stadium run at 400% to 500% markup. Why make $1 per beer, when you should be making $5 to $6.

Yeah, it'd be a monopoly. So UNL may as well charge monopoly prices. :thumbs:

I remember my sister took me to the Nebraska/Colorado game in Lincoln in 2006. She was a student and I was 16-17, so she scored me a ticket in the East stadium student section to sit with her. Early in the game, some kid a couple of rows in front of us was just hammered drunk. He slipped and did a rolling somersault down about 5-7 rows of students, knocking them out of the way like bowling pins.

The last thing I remember seeing before the game started back up was this guy drunkenly stumbling over to the stairs and running up them, in order to escape from security. Loved it!

As for our policies, Nebraska's gameday experience is incredibly stringent, moreso than many places I've seen. Everything is tightly controlled and it's one big power trip. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I do think the university has a propensity for tossing out first and asking questions later.

Hell, I once drove down to Norman in the summer and walked straight into OU's stadium. The doors were wide open. Plenty of people were in there sitting, laughing, exercising, doing homework, etc. That would never happen here.

I really had no idea on any of those numbers I was just tossing them out. As an idea. Keeping it local keeping it Nebraska-based. That's all I meant. But you're right I'm sure the school would rather make more money if They could.