Land of 10: Top 25 NU Players of all Time

I would take David as well, but Ruud is the leading tackler in Nebraska history. Not like it's crazy to have him ahead

David holds the single-season record for tackles by a LB (152 in 2010) and passes broken up by a LB (10 in 2010).

The main reason Ruud holds the career tackles record is David only played a couple years, and not even the full season in 2010.

If they have a career tackles per game stat, David would likely hold that record.

Here's Nick Bahe's top ten since 1997. I tweeted back to him that Barret Ruud is not better than LaVonte David.

Fonoti over Raiola?

Barrett Ruud over All American Lavonte David?

Dude needs to stick to Creighton basketball takes.

Bahe has a boner for Ruud because they are both Lincoln Southeast guys and probably friends.

Yea, Bahe is very good friends with both the Ruud boys.

The entire Ruud family deserves to be in the Nebraska football hall of fame frankly. As a family, there really is none other that can compare that I can think of. The Ruud boys were great Huskers and surely deserve all the credit and honors they have received.

That being said, I think Craver was the best player in the Solich era (Crouch was an Osborne player so I don't necessarily include him although I would not want to have to choose between them.

Craver may have been our best punt returner ever although nobody really rivals Rodgers for that I suppose.

As for 'recency' bias, there may actually be some 'non-recency' bias at work as well as sometimes the legends grow as the memories fog up a bit. But, there are only a small handful of guys who really can compare with those who preceded them after 2001. Overall team success plays a big factor as sometimes a winning team's players reach even higher levels of play just because the entire team is playing at a high level.

The entire Ruud family deserves to be in the Nebraska football hall of fame frankly. As a family, there really is none other that can compare that I can think of. The Ruud boys were great Huskers and surely deserve all the credit and honors they have received.

That being said, I think Craver was the best player in the Solich era (Crouch was an Osborne player so I don't necessarily include him although I would not want to have to choose between them.

Craver may have been our best punt returner ever although nobody really rivals Rodgers for that I suppose.

As for 'recency' bias, there may actually be some 'non-recency' bias at work as well as sometimes the legends grow as the memories fog up a bit. But, there are only a small handful of guys who really can compare with those who preceded them after 2001. Overall team success plays a big factor as sometimes a winning team's players reach even higher levels of play just because the entire team is playing at a high level.

I think you are mixing up Craver with Dejuan Groce. Craver was great, but Groce was the better return man.

The only HoF that Bo Ruud belongs in is one that celebrates jumping on top of the pile to get an assisted tackle.

The only HoF that Bo Ruud belongs in is one that celebrates jumping on top of the pile to get an assisted tackle.
My brother was at NU during that time and hated Ruud for always jumping on top of the pile and getting an assisted tackle. He would get so mad. It was funny.

My brother was at NU during that time and hated Ruud for always jumping on top of the pile and getting an assisted tackle. He would get so mad. It was funny.

I was at NU during that time too, and hated the same goddamn thing. It was either that, or Ruud would let the ballcarrier fall forwards for 2-3 extra yards.

I would take David as well, but Ruud is the leading tackler in Nebraska history. Not like it's crazy to have him ahead

David holds the single-season record for tackles by a LB (152 in 2010) and passes broken up by a LB (10 in 2010).

The main reason Ruud holds the career tackles record is David only played a couple years, and not even the full season in 2010.

If they have a career tackles per game stat, David would likely hold that record.

Ruud had seasons of 149 and 143 tackles his Jr and Sr years. I think if David played all 4 it would have been close, but he may not have passed him depending on PT for his Fr and Soph years. He would have needed to avg 74 tackles his Fr and Soph years to pass him

I think they got the top 5 right. Wouldn't have been my order but whatever.

They left Nebraska's 2nd leading rusher of all time off the list for a fullback that ran for 706 yards and 6 TD's in his career and another RB whose best year was 1060 yards.

Replace Wistrom with Rimington for me.