NCAA to Enforce Knee Pad Rules

I would cut my face mask off...Had to look cool. And I always put in three tailbone pads so it looked like I had taken a huge dump in my pants.

Tell the truth - you put the three tailbone pads in your jock to intimidate the opponents and wow your cheerleaders

EDIT and their moms

• Fire 2

I used to cut mine down and our team bought pop warner size thigh pads. Guys would also cut knee pads and use those as thigh pads. It's all about comfort and mobility. Look at the size of the shoulder pads today compared to the 90's.

I remember when the shoulder pads were shrunk down. Nebraska went through a time when they had a bunch of shoulder injuries. I always wondered if this was the cause.

I would cut my face mask off...Had to look cool. And I always put in three tailbone pads so it looked like I had taken a huge dump in my pants.

Tell the truth - you put the three tailbone pads in your jock to intimidate the opponents and wow your cheerleaders

EDIT and their moms

I did!

We had the new air helmets, so you could fill up the pads on the inside of your helmets to make it tighter if you wanted. We used to f#*k with teammates helmets and take the air out...it was awesome.

You are old school if you had tailbone pads....were they those gladiator type girdle pads...a big tail bone plate and two hip plates? In Jr High, we always got stuck with leftovers and those gladiator pads...looked sooooooo goofy.

NCAA: it is forgiveable for a school to harbor child molestation for a period of 30 years without the football death penalty, but please make sure you have your knee pads.

Most linemen I see anymore all wear large knee braces to protect them from injury. I haven't found a picture yet of one wearing the brace and a knee pad.

NCAA: it is forgiveable for a school to harbor child molestation for a period of 30 years without the football death penalty, but please make sure you have your knee pads.

Most linemen I see anymore all wear large knee braces to protect them from injury. I haven't found a picture yet of one wearing the brace and a knee pad.

You're probably right. If you look at the below photo, it looks like his left knee has a pad on it at a glance, but then you realize it's just his knee and that his other one is uncovered.

5478facf621b0.image.jpg

If that powerpoint slide in the OP is the official rule, I don't think it means very much as far as a new requirement for knee pads.

All it basically says is that pants must cover the knees (yes, enforcement of this may be new) but I don't think it requires players to wear any actual knee pads. Only that IF they wear them then they must cover the knees along with the pants. And, if it is enforced as having to wear knee pads, there is no specification or thickness requirement. They could get by with a single layer of foam pre-wrap and call it a knee pad.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I don't see where this rule changes anything except the pant length.

Anyways, I think it's the refs who need to wear knee pads. As we used to yell at minor league hockey games "Hey ref, get off your knees, you're blowing the game". :lol: