Tom Herman Says Suh Should Have Won Heisman

Was at that game it was a surreal nightmare. ISU had like 140yards of total offense, NU had like 400. The fumble on the catch by Niles Paul was so incredibly wierd and crazy that all you could do was laugh. I kept thinking that they have got to call are players knee down on one of these fumbles sometime, and they never did.

Burkhead lost that game but you can still blame where you blame

Was at that game it was a surreal nightmare. ISU had like 140yards of total offense, NU had like 400. The fumble on the catch by Niles Paul was so incredibly wierd and crazy that all you could do was laugh. I kept thinking that they have got to call are players knee down on one of these fumbles sometime, and they never did.

A true freshman who doesn't appear on the participation report lost the game for us? I guess you can blame whoever you want.....

• Fire 5

Unfortunately this says a little something about our program recently if this is what is being talked about by other coaches this many years later.

But yeah, Suh should've won the Heisman.

What on God's green Earth does this have anything to do with the program now?

He was asked about being OC at ISU. He brought up Suh because ISU played against him then. I fail to see how that has anything to do with the Huskers now.

It's not like he was asked...."When was the last time Nebraska had any form of a dominating defensive player".

• Fire 2

He threw 3 interceptions and lost 5 fumbles?

A true freshman who doesn't appear on the participation report lost the game for us? I guess you can blame whoever you want.....

C'mon Mav, don't you know that If he hadn't broke his foot 2 weeks prior to that game we would have won by 2 touchdowns!

• Fire 2

Btw, someone named Dontrayevous Robinson had 15 carries for 77 yard plus our only TD of the game (and 1 fumble). I have no recollection of Dontrayevous Robinson. I could probably name at least 50 husker running backs over the years. He would not be one.

funny enough, I actually do remember him... yes I want a cookie

C'mon Mav, don't you know that If he hadn't broke his foot 2 weeks prior to that game we would have won by 2 touchdowns!

So obviously the loss should be blamed on the S&C staff.

So obviously the loss should be blamed on the S&C staff.

duh, they made Niles Paul's bicep too big.
  • Fire 2

Btw, someone named Dontrayevous Robinson had 15 carries for 77 yard plus our only TD of the game (and 1 fumble). I have no recollection of Dontrayevous Robinson. I could probably name at least 50 husker running backs over the years. He would not be one.

funny enough, I actually do remember him... yes I want a cookie

Trey Robinson was out of Euless Trinity HS in Texas. He was thought to be a good big, "workhorse" back, but didn't have a lot of speed. He ended up transferring to Montana State.

didn't he fumble on the goal line in the 4th ?

didn't he fumble on the goal line in the 4th ?

Considering he doesn't appear on the participation report, doesn't have any stats and apparently broke his foot a couple weeks earlier, I don't think so.

Burkhead didn't play in the game. I think there was plenty of blame to go around in that game.

Unfortunately this says a little something about our program recently if this is what is being talked about by other coaches this many years later.

He was asked about being OC at ISU. He brought up Suh because ISU played against him then. I fail to see how that has anything to do with the Huskers now.

It's not like he was asked...."When was the last time Nebraska had any form of a dominating defensive player".

I didn't say it had anything to do directly with the program now.

My point was that there should be more relevant and recent things for opposing coaches to talk about as regards Nebraska football.

We had the mid 90's dynasty, Crouch as Heisman in 2001 and a man named Suh 8 years ago.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that is all it takes to sum up Nebraska's contribution to the CFB world for the last 24 years and this being the most recent is getting well aged.

And, to be honest, I had no idea what context or reason he had for making this statement in 2017.

I didn't say it had anything to do directly with the program now.

My point was that there should be more relevant and recent things for opposing coaches to talk about as regards Nebraska football.

We had the mid 90's dynasty, Crouch as Heisman in 2001 and a man named Suh 8 years ago.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that is all it takes to sum up Nebraska's contribution to the CFB world for the last 24 years and this being the most recent is getting well aged.

And, to be honest, I had no idea what context or reason he had for making this statement in 2017.

But...why would Herman talk about anything newer with Husker football. He wasn't asked about it and his teams haven't played them.