Tom Herman Says Suh Should Have Won Heisman

My point was that there should be more relevant and recent things for opposing coaches to talk about as regards Nebraska football.

But the question asked wasn't, "What's the most recent and relevant perception you have of Nebraska football?"

Unfortunately this says a little something about our program recently if this is what is being talked about by other coaches this many years later.

But yeah, Suh should've won the Heisman.

What on God's green Earth does this have anything to do with the program now?

He was asked about being OC at ISU. He brought up Suh because ISU played against him then. I fail to see how that has anything to do with the Huskers now.

It's not like he was asked...."When was the last time Nebraska had any form of a dominating defensive player".

I didn't say it had anything to do directly with the program now.

My point was that there should be more relevant and recent things for opposing coaches to talk about as regards Nebraska football.

We had the mid 90's dynasty, Crouch as Heisman in 2001 and a man named Suh 8 years ago.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that is all it takes to sum up Nebraska's contribution to the CFB world for the last 24 years and this being the most recent is getting well aged.

And, to be honest, I had no idea what context or reason he had for making this statement in 2017.

But...why would Herman talk about anything newer with Husker football. He wasn't asked about it and his teams haven't played them.

Please revisit the last sentence of my explanation again.

My bad I guess...My only context for responding was the thread title and the OP. I had no idea what question was asked of Herman or why this was being commented on at this time.

Multiple ESPN pundits were on the Suh bandwagon in 2009, admitting the voters were never gonna let it happen.

I remember this. I also remember one guy saying they thought Suh was the best player, but because Suh wasn't going to win, his vote would be going elsewhere.

giphy.gif

Btw, someone named Dontrayevous Robinson had 15 carries for 77 yard plus our only TD of the game (and 1 fumble). I have no recollection of Dontrayevous Robinson. I could probably name at least 50 husker running backs over the years. He would not be one.

Dude was rated super high on NCAA Football (well... the anonymous black guy with his number and a randomly generated name). GOAT.

Yep, I’m still mad about Ndamukong Suh not winning the Heisman
Tom Herman’s right about the Nebraska lineman being snubbed.

A question at Big 12 Media Days on whether an offensive lineman could win a Heisman -- Ohio State's Orlando Pace in 1996 was the last to crack the top four -- soon got Texas head coach Tom Herman talking the worst trophy snub in recent college football history (audio via David Ubben):

The way that I understand the Heisman Trophy, or the way that I did ... let me preface this. The way that I understood the Heisman Trophy, was to be awarded to the player, regardless of position, that had the best season. Best is obviously subjective. I determine that as maybe the most impactful season for his team.

I'm sorry, Heisman Trust, I love you, we've got two winners at Texas, and I've been around the block. But I got a little disappointed in '09 when Ndamukong Suh didn't win. We [iowa State] actually played against him in Lincoln. It was the game that we won the turnover battle eight to nothing and won, 9-7. That was the most dominant football player I have ever seen, probably still to this day, on a college football field. Didn't win the Heisman. I don't know why. Is it because he played defensive line? I don't know.

I hope that eventually we get back to that award going to the most dominant player, best player, most impactful player in college football.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/20/16002914/ndamukong-suh-heisman-trophy-snub-2009

• Fire 1

I believe I've missed 3 games in my lifetime. 2009 Virginia Tech, 2009 ISU, 2012 Big Ten Championship.

I'm fine with my decisions.

I know we aren't supposed to threaten people on HB but if you miss another game........

VT was for a wedding but I don't know why I missed ISU. The championship was for a concert but the bar was playing it so I watched a little bit of the first half and then occasionally checked back to laugh drunkenly at the awfulness.