OWH: Potential B1G Upsets

So...we could upset the #2 team in the coubtry one week, only to lose to the #92 team in the country shortly after.

Sounds legit.

I have no idea why you think that is so far-fetched. That would be true for a lot of teams.

It happened all of two years ago, if you need a reference (albeit in the reverse order).

I'd be willing to wager right now this scenario doesn't happen.

Probably not. Remember the drubbing in Norman in 2008? Came back and beat them the following year. Obviously a lot of mitigating circumstances but it can be done.

Unless Suh walks through the door, I don't see it.

Nothing is a given in this sport. Plus, Diaco shouldn't be chopped liver--we should see an improvement on defense by this point.

Probably not. Remember the drubbing in Norman in 2008? Came back and beat them the following year. Obviously a lot of mitigating circumstances but it can be done.

Unless Suh walks through the door, I don't see it.

Nothing is a given in this sport. Plus, Diaco shouldn't be chopped liver--we should see an improvement on defense by this point.

Oh, I know. Plus, hopefully not being completely useless on offense too.

• Fire 1

Well, on the probability scale, I like our chances at upsetting tOSU more than Purdue's chances of upsetting us. But I seriously doubt either one happens. Besides that, if we're actually having a good enough season to be in position to contend with tOSU, I would rather lose to them in the regular season if there is any likelihood of having to face them in the CCG. I'd hate to walk into that rematch having already beaten them.

Edit- I should clarify. I wouldn't hate beating tOSU regular season and that would be a huge, much needed boost for the program. So I'd sure welcome it. I just think it wouldn't bode well for a subsequent rematch.

• Fire 1

Season hasn't even started yet.... for either team. Major injuries could effect both teams. A lot can happen. Just because a team starts at #2 doesn't mean they will be #2 when Neb plays them. I'ld say by the 3rd game I would have enough sample to predict wether or not I think we have a shot at beating OSU

It is amazing to read from the same article that Nebraska is thought to be in a position to upset Ohio St or be upset by Purdue. Those are dramatically different predictions for the season. It goes to show how much is unknown about the 2017 Nebraska Huskers and how much potential they have.

• Fire 1

It is amazing to read from the same article that Nebraska is thought to be in a position to upset Ohio St or be upset by Purdue. Those are dramatically different predictions for the season. It goes to show how much is unknown about the 2017 Nebraska Huskers and how much potential they have.

Minnesota is listed as possibly upsetting Wisconsin and possibly being upset by Middle Tennessee State.

Ohio State is thought to be a National Title contender yet they are listed as possibly being upset by Nebraska.

What it actually shows is there is not near as much of a discrepancy between most teams as people like to think. There are better teams and there are worse teams. But a lot of teams could lose to about anybody if things go poorly for them. And a lot of teams could beat about anybody if things go well for them.

• Fire 1

Considering Wisconsin took these guys to overtime last year and we took Wisconsin to overtime...I'm pretty sure we have a better chance than people think.

Sure we imploded in our game vs OSU...but remember, that was the game Tommy got hurt and we had a walk on backup. I don't think this year will be as easy for them.

I hate that excuse personally. As if him playing the whole game would have drastically changed the outcome. He was 4/15 for 74 yds and an int for the game. We were going to get rick rolled regardless.

I do expect this years game to be a lot closer though.

• Fire 2

Ehh, they're just grasping at straws. If they get some right they look like wizards and if they get them all wrong, well they were just unrealized possibilities. They can't really lose.

But we see upsets every year, often times more shocking than these. It's not like anything is impossible. And yeah, I don't think anyone can reliably predict what the Huskers will actually do this year.

Maybe I'm still riding some wave of optimism as the season approaches, or maybe I'm just old enough to remember what it was like to be the bully, but I think it is highly unlikely that anyone (including the vaunted Buckeyes) rolls into Memorial and pastes us. A 35 point HOME loss? Honestly, I can't even let myself get to that point on July 20th. I just don't think this Nebraska team is going to be THAT bad, I really don't.

• Fire 1